News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Broad street diversions outbound now 15/11/15 not 8/11/15

Sh4318

Quote from: Winston on November 06, 2015, 04:35:08 PM
Presumably for that number of services/journey options to be cut from Londonderry suggests that the existing services weren't being used sufficently

I love how Warley get to keep their service to West Brom, but I'm going to stop now at the risk of sounding bitter, just very disappointed by the changes after the promise the Sandwell network review gave.

Quote from: 2900 on November 06, 2015, 03:39:38 PM
interesting reading that

The most interesting bit to me is the drop in services to West Brom
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

r700a

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 06, 2015, 12:56:42 PM
I just feel sorry for people affected by the changes. If you're going to withdrawn a route that runs on my road (46), at least explain how the alternative is going to serve me.

The NWM page states next to the 46: "Route between West Bromwich and Londonderry will replaced by new services 50A and 50C."

It amazes me that there's still no map on the NXWM site for the 50A/C, and NWM/Traveline still fail to have even added a timetable at the very least!

We have no idea of the exact roads to be served by the 50A/C and we're only 5 days away from the changes taking place.

I fear for the passengers on Norman Rd and Alexander Rd; based on the limited info I can glean from the PDF timetable, I have a terrible feeling that the service will completely omit these roads and just follow the 127/8/9 to the George Pub.

I can visualise bus stops reading "not in use" very soon...

monkeyjoe

There is a Warley map.

Procrastinating today, too much to do lol

r700a

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 10, 2015, 02:52:23 PM
There is a Warley map.

Procrastinating today, too much to do lol

Thanks for this, I couldn't find a link anywhere for that.

I can't believe it, they actually did it, they left Alexander Road with nothing!

Can't say I'm particularly happy about this change...

EDIT: I also notice, there's a section of road in Londonderry (Bristnall Hall Rd leading onto Londonderry Rd) which has also most likely been left with no bus service, unless Centro decide to re-route something else down that way.

monkeyjoe

So is any of the "west side" going to benefit, don't as familiar with this part of the network, but looks like cuts on quite a few of the corridors. I mean will the 29 be able to cope with during the week reduced frequency for example?  I don't really know enlighten me peeps.

Sh4318

Quote from: r700a on November 10, 2015, 02:08:52 PM
The NWM page states next to the 46: "Route between West Bromwich and Londonderry will replaced by new services 50A and 50C."

It amazes me that there's still no map on the NXWM site for the 50A/C, and NWM/Traveline still fail to have even added a timetable at the very least!

We have no idea of the exact roads to be served by the 50A/C and we're only 5 days away from the changes taking place.

I fear for the passengers on Norman Rd and Alexander Rd; based on the limited info I can glean from the PDF timetable, I have a terrible feeling that the service will completely omit these roads and just follow the 127/8/9 to the George Pub.

I can visualise bus stops reading "not in use" very soon...

Looking at the PDF map, the 50A/C routing is awful. If you need to get to Bearwood from the George or Londonderry, the 127-9, 120 are much better and quicker options, you might as well of left the 46 and keep the 53, can't see this route being used that well. Not to mention the new 50A/C omits Alexander Road, Barclays/St Mary's Road, Salop, Oval, William Road and Londonderry Lane, all roads the 444 served. Still no direct service between Blue Gates and Bearwood, I thought this new route could provide that as well as some more useful links. I wish we still had the 444
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

r700a

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 10, 2015, 04:30:47 PM
Looking at the PDF map, the 50A/C routing is awful. If you need to get to Bearwood from the George or Londonderry, the 127-9, 120 are much better and quicker options, you might as well of left the 46 and keep the 53, can't see this route being used that well. Not to mention the new 50A/C omits Alexander Road, Barclays/St Mary's Road, Salop, Oval, William Road and Londonderry Lane, all roads the 444 served. Still no direct service between Blue Gates and Bearwood, I thought this new route could provide that as well as some more useful links. I wish we still had the 444

Some very good points there, an awful lot of roads have been omitted with no apparent replacement; something which NX fail to mention.

They are being very flexible with the truth here. Words such as "replacement" are used in a very loose manner.

Kevin

This does all sound pathetic.
They've had how long to plan these changes properly? And as yet I've seen precisely nothing telling the public, only bits of information there for the public to find if they even knew to look for it in the first place
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2015, 06:35:55 PM
This does all sound pathetic.
They've had how long to plan these changes properly? And as yet I've seen precisely nothing telling the public, only bits of information there for the public to find if they even knew to look for it in the first place
notes on pensnett buses about 129 50A/C. 53 changes

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Adam 404

Quote from: 2206 on November 11, 2015, 05:54:09 PM
Been up on there for about 2 weeks now @Adam 404
So they have - Sorry for the action replay!

Stuharris 6360

And with a few days to go, Network West Midlands have changed there service changes page. Oh well better late than never.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/15November2015.aspx

Only problem, some bits are still not correct eg: no mention of the 29 no longer going to Northfield
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk