News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Nathan on November 05, 2015, 11:46:31 AM
Information on the new City loop for the Harborne routes and new outbound route for Hagley Rd services:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/birmingham-service-changes-sunday-15th-november-2015

Network West Midlands have updated their page too:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/15November2015.aspx

I've noticed it has said the 22 (BC) will extend round to Woodgate.

Also, It appears the 62 (WN) will extend back to Finchfield when they take over the contract again.

The 22/23 timetable is strange. Buses are timed to leave Woodgate every 7/8 minutes, but that means that over the vast majority of the routes, i.e. from Jiggins Lane / Clapgate Lane to the city centre, buses run every 5 or 10 mins. Surely it should be set up so that there is a uniform frequency over the rest of the route other than the outer terminus? I know from experience that a 10 min gap at peak times can result in a bus being very full.

Interesting to see that the last bus from town is now 1 am.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: Chris on November 05, 2015, 04:50:53 PM
@Stuharris 6360 is an error if you look at the journies going the opposite direction are still half hourly each for 127/128/129
the timetable says its hourly during the day in both directions @Chris @Stuharris 6360
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Frequency of the 29 is reduced to every 15 mins during the daytime (currently combined every 10 mins on the 29/29A). I wonder, if as previously suggested on here that, along with the fact that Swartmore Rd is no longer served, will mean a return to double deck operation?

Can't personally see singles every 15 mins being enough to cope at busy times.

sonic84

I wasn't expecting the change to the 22 so that it now goes to Woodgate. I expect it the Woodgate terminus will be quite busy what with the X64 now being increased in frequency.

Glad to see that the X64 is now serving Selly Oak again, and I also spotted that all X64 journeys will now serve the full route in the evenings too.

Still disappointed that the Swarthmore road loses its direct bus to Birmingham.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on November 05, 2015, 05:55:21 PM
Where is 'Warely'?

Exactly, both NX and Network West Midland websites are littered with mistakes.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

I would have thought they would have made reference to the earlier Sunday trips on the 59 as opposed to 'Minor Timetable Amendments'

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on November 05, 2015, 05:04:05 PM
the timetable says its hourly during the day in both directions @Chris @Stuharris 6360

Must be a genuine mistake then, it should be half hourly through the day
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

s94

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on November 05, 2015, 05:55:21 PM
Where is 'Warely'?
The pages are a mess. Many routes still don't have explanations as to their full change yet. Pretty chaotic this now sadly.

Matt.N0056

No mention of the introduction of Sunday service of the 71E. Also, Solihull could be fun if im reading this correctly - the 6,49 & 76 will be loading on the opposite side to which they used to? If so, the two shelters and one pole on the opposite side will be for unloading and Rail Stn, with the exception of the S3/4. I thought with the extra pole that side, some services i.e 30/31 could be moved to that side so that services are grouped (S3/30/31 to Sharmans Cross etc) The other side of Station Rd, Poplar Rd (where most Shelters are) is already busy, and I assumed the pole could be for 6/49/76 to unload.

Also confused with the 37 - will follow the same route, but continue down Warwick Rd from the Station. So will it serve the Town Centre as now, then the Station, then on to Birmingham without serving the Town Centre again?

Another thing: 966 says Erdington - Solihull STATION, but timing points only show Town Centre!

Liberator9

@Matt.N0056

Seems that way regarding the 6/49/76; so they'll do the reverse of what they did before the Gateway works. Suppose it won't make any difference; just the fact it could be very crowded in terms of services picking up on the 'Nationwide' side of Station Rd.

The 37 I'm lost on - can't see them doing that loop still - hopefully just worded badly.

busfan2847

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on November 05, 2015, 07:24:20 PM

Also confused with the 37 - will follow the same route, but continue down Warwick Rd from the Station. So will it serve the Town Centre as now, then the Station, then on to Birmingham without serving the Town Centre again?

No it serves the town centre again it just continues on Warwick Rd rather than turning onto Lode Lane

"Service 37 will continue follow the same route but will continue along Warwick Road from the rail station." should have said
"From the rail station service 37 will follow the same route (as 6, 6A, 49, 76) but will continue along Warwick Road"

Liberator9

@busfan2847

Thanks for the clarification - better way of putting it!

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 05, 2015, 08:03:22 PM
@Matt.N0056

Seems that way regarding the 6/49/76; so they'll do the reverse of what they did before the Gateway works. Suppose it won't make any difference; just the fact it could be very crowded in terms of services picking up on the 'Nationwide' side of Station Rd.

The 37 I'm lost on - can't see them doing that loop still - hopefully just worded badly.

Yep, we'lol have to wait and see how it goes!

Quote from: busfan2847 on November 05, 2015, 08:07:49 PM
No it serves the town centre again it just continues on Warwick Rd rather than turning onto Lode Lane

"Service 37 will continue follow the same route but will continue along Warwick Road from the rail station." should have said
"From the rail station service 37 will follow the same route (as 6, 6A, 49, 76) but will continue along Warwick Road"

Ahh, got ya! Badly worded, but at least your on the ball!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk