News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Farewell Day for B6; B10L; Spectra & mercedes

Started by Tony, September 18, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

BU07 LGO

Rob H

Looking forward to this day :) Glad its on the 3rd Oct as I'll be in Blackpool on Sat 26th Sept.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

j789

Looking at the photo on the main page, all these types look so modern still, particularly when you think that it is only 5 years since the Metrobuses went and these low floor types replaced Metros when new. Amazing really that the Metros lasted so long in service beside the low floor types. Can't ever see another vehicle type lasting 25+ years in service with one operator.

JoNi

Wonder how long Borismasters will last, as they will presumeably stay in London?

Gareth

Quote from: JoNi on September 18, 2015, 10:06:26 PM
Wonder how long Borismasters will last, as they will presumeably stay in London?

Potentially a 14 year London life. Two 5year route contracts, both extended by two years.

Westy

I've given the guy that runs the Bloxwich News Network Facebook site the heads up on this too, to give it a bit of local publicity.

GeminiFan1991

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

T840MAK

This is great news, something well worth my money to make a trip down :)
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Quote from: j789 on September 18, 2015, 09:32:58 PM
Looking at the photo on the main page, all these types look so modern still, particularly when you think that it is only 5 years since the Metrobuses went and these low floor types replaced Metros when new. Amazing really that the Metros lasted so long in service beside the low floor types. Can't ever see another vehicle type lasting 25+ years in service with one operator.
The reason why some metrobuses lasted 25 plus years many had received the Marshall treatment more or less a full rebuild those that didn't were scrapped at 17/18 years of age I saw a few scrapped from hockley the BOC--V plated ones. if you was to treat these first generation low buses to a major refurb they,ll do 25 years of service as well, it's down to economics.

Trident 4194

Matt.N0056

Nothing mentioned about the X51 journey on the poster, so Im assuming its not happening?

Tony

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on September 25, 2015, 07:30:38 PM
Nothing mentioned about the X51 journey on the poster, so Im assuming its not happening?

It should happen, Just got to get permission of Centro, hopefully be an 11:00 Spectra operated journey from Birmingham to Walsall and a 17:00 journey Walsall to Birmingham

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2015, 07:37:51 PM
It should happen, Just got to get permission of Centro, hopefully be an 11:00 Spectra operated journey from Birmingham to Walsall and a 17:00 journey Walsall to Birmingham

17:00 is a bit late

the trainbasher

@Trident 4194 it'd mean you'd be able to get change in city for a 9...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk