News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 Demonstrator

Started by MrBevan2000, September 11, 2015, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBevan2000

Stevo

If it is for the Cap Gemini shuttle I wonder if that company has requested a bus with green credentials for their service and it's being demonstrated to them.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stevo on October 07, 2015, 09:22:10 AM
If it is for the Cap Gemini shuttle I wonder if that company has requested a bus with green credentials for their service and it's being demonstrated to them.

It does seem a bit much from NX's side to purchase a vehicle based on a contractual job. If they wanted a green vehicle, I'm sure could have got a hybrid running the journey instead of purchasing a new bus although taking the problems with the ADL vehicles as of late, may be NX are looking to source vehicles elsewhere ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

JoNi

Why not try a Borismaster for couple of weeks!

Liverpool Street

Picture of this on Twitter on some route looks like 45E but is blurry and not good
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Dylanbusboy45

MW

Seen at the Perry Barr roundabout at approx 4pm. Heading towards city. Looks weird from the back.

Stevo

Quote from: JoNi on October 07, 2015, 11:48:26 AM
Why not try a Borismaster for couple of weeks!
Yes please - we'll have it on the 37 from AG!

John

I noticed today that the UK registration plate has only been stuck on top of the Irish plate (You can still see the top of it on the front, and the UK plate is not straight), rather than the Irish plate being removed first

Liverpool Street

Quote from: MW on October 07, 2015, 05:35:11 PM
Looks weird from the back.

So does my missus

-

Are the other doors in operation?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 07, 2015, 08:42:45 PM
So does my missus

-

Are the other doors in operation?

Not unless someone in a wheelchair needs to board/alight

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on October 07, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
Not unless someone in a wheelchair needs to board/alight

The front doors not have a ramp then? Been a while since I've been inside a dual door bus.
until it cought fire

Quote from: John on October 07, 2015, 08:42:25 PM
I noticed today that the UK registration plate has only been stuck on top of the Irish plate (You can still see the top of it on the front, and the UK plate is not straight), rather than the Irish plate being removed first

So will it be going back to Dublin in due course ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk