News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 Demonstrator

Started by MrBevan2000, September 11, 2015, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaddyGraham

Could anyone please tell me what route or routes 4798 is going to be used on and is it going to stay at Birmingham Central or move around?

Mike K

Quote from: Stevo on September 30, 2015, 06:36:21 PM
It seems to be doing the rounds of the garages so I wonder if it's demonstrating one of its features. I still can't see why a hybrid should be tried as I don't think there are any grants available for them.

Is the Green Bus funding finished now? I see this year there is a similar type of scheme to retrofit existing vehicles to make them greener, but nothing for new vehicle purchases. Does it work differently in London, as there is still a steady stream of new hybrids there?

domino.99

Already a thread, Just below this one :)

But to answer no routes yet that we know of but possibility of Amazon services.

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2015, 06:37:39 PM
There is a chance it will be used on the Amazon contract

I'm hoping it will be used on Cap Gemini!

broma1k

It was parked up in the rear yard at Perry Barr last night .Viewed from the university car park area adjacent to the depot.

Just had 4798 on 907a took my life in my hands with them kids lol

MrBevan2000

Quote from: 4484 on October 06, 2015, 04:02:54 PM
Just had 4798 on 907a took my life in my hands with them kids lol
I was on 4798 just. Was the kid at the front with the driver.

GeminiFan1991

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MrBevan2000

CL

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on October 06, 2015, 05:04:55 PM
Initial views ?!
Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 06, 2015, 05:19:47 PM
Really good! Comfortable and all the kids like it!
Aesthetics aside - would you consider them drastically different than the current B5s? I hope they'll come out on something other than Caps Gemini or the 907A... :( - and with Tony's post in the AG thread, I could only imagine this [4798] would pop down there soon.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BK63 YWP

Quote from: clayderman on October 06, 2015, 05:40:17 PM
Aesthetics aside - would you consider them drastically different than the current B5s? I hope they'll come out on something other than Caps Gemini or the 907A... :( - and with Tony's post in the AG thread, I could only imagine this [4798] would pop down there soon.

It will probably do all the garages (excluding BY and maybe CV)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stevo

It was in Moor Street this evening. doing the Waterlands shuttle, I think. Is that Cap Gemini?

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Chris on October 06, 2015, 05:43:39 PM
It will probably do all the garages (excluding BY and maybe CV)

I'm told next stop is WA.

Dylanbusboy45

Mike K

Still slightly puzzled by what it's doing at NX. Demonstrators are normally evaluated with a view to potential orders, but with there seemingly being no funding currently available for the purchase of new hybrids, how / why would a batch of these be acquired?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk