News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 Demonstrator

Started by MrBevan2000, September 11, 2015, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: 2900 on September 27, 2015, 10:34:49 AM
While on broad st last nite I noticed in my rear view mirror what appeared to be a Wrightbus street deck with the controversial new  front end when the street light caught the paint work it appeared to be pink reminding me of the one at a show last year.  Just wandered if any one else might of seen it around brum yesterday evening.
That is one of Firsts @2900 it was on Rugby world cup shuttles
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on September 27, 2015, 10:34:49 AM
While on broad st last nite I noticed in my rear view mirror what appeared to be a Wrightbus street deck with the controversial new  front end when the street light caught the paint work it appeared to be pink reminding me of the one at a show last year.  Just wandered if any one else might of seen it around brum yesterday evening.

One of two first Leicester ones on Villa Prk VIP shuttles

Thanks for the info, thought I was seeing things while sucking on exhaust fumes on broad st , mind you the springboks green army were in cheerful mood last nite .

CL

Quote from: 2900 on September 27, 2015, 10:43:03 AM
Thanks for the info, thought I was seeing things while sucking on exhaust fumes on broad st , mind you the springboks green army were in cheerful mood last nite .
I saw it too. At first, I glanced across Broad Street to a brightly lit bus. Upon closer inspection, I noticed smaller upper deck windows, and thought, "Is the demo out tonight?" - I then noticed the paintwork, and it was surprising, to say the least. I have a video, on my flickr page - and a couple photos which should come up soon.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Nxwm

Seen the demostrator bus heading perry barr around 11:30

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Nxwm on September 28, 2015, 12:49:30 PM
Seen the demostrator bus heading perry barr around 11:30

Has the demonstrator gone to PB then? Might pop there afterschool to have a look.

MrBevan2000

Just been told it is being put into service at PB. Not sure if this is true though.

The Real 4778

Quote from: clayderman on September 29, 2015, 03:42:08 PM
2116 been on the 24 all day - it seems.

Also, BC seemed to have also fixed the typo on the 23A. The side display, on 5504 at least, read "Kitwell and Woodgate", and scrolls! As opposed to the static 'Kiwell & Woodgate' - this ot my hopes up high to see the typo on the 29A fixed. Unfortunatly not. Still alternates between "29A Northfield", and "29A via Haborne" ::)

And how was the demonstrator while this was occurring?
Don't you start.

CL

Quote from: The Real 4778 on September 29, 2015, 09:54:07 PM
And how was the demonstrator while this was occurring?
My bad - posted in wrong thread! Was meant for the BC thread, which was why I was confused because I was sure I posted it... ::) Dammit!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Real 4778

Quote from: clayderman on September 29, 2015, 11:27:51 PM
My bad - posted in wrong thread! Was meant for the BC thread, which was why I was confused because I was sure I posted it... ::) Dammit!

No worries mate, gave me a good chuckle once I had sussed it!
Don't you start.

Nxwm

So is this demostrator going in service? If so what garages are going have this demostrator bus?

Sayeed

Quote from: Nxwm on September 30, 2015, 10:57:25 AM
So is this demostrator going in service? If so what garages are going have this demostrator bus?
Just wait and see, i am sure most of us dying to find out too
Век живи - век учись

Stevo

It seems to be doing the rounds of the garages so I wonder if it's demonstrating one of its features. I still can't see why a hybrid should be tried as I don't think there are any grants available for them.

Tony

There is a chance it will be used on the Amazon contract

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2015, 06:37:39 PM
There is a chance it will be used on the Amazon contract

I hope so ! I hope it makes its way into the A52, the could put the bus through its paces
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk