News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes from 26th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2015, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I really hope the 54 & particularly 154 are a hit & give arriva a run for their money!  The 154 has the added advantage of Hednesford & Chadsmoor passengers going to wolves.  The only disadvantage is artiva three buses sn hour to wolves compared to the 154 being hourly.  The 54 has the potential to really screw arriva's 76 over though.  Brand new buses too compared with whatever scrap Wednesfield will stick on there!

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on April 23, 2015, 07:47:44 PM
Specially printed timetables booklets now available for the 54/154.

Nx printed rather than Nwm printed.

Thats a first for a few years surely?

John

Quote from: Nathan on April 23, 2015, 07:47:44 PM
Specially printed timetables booklets now available for the 54/154.
Quote from: Westy on April 24, 2015, 07:40:17 AM
Nx printed rather than Nwm printed.

Thats a first for a few years surely?

Can you get them from Walsall or are Yet they only available in Wolverhampton?

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on April 24, 2015, 07:43:42 AM
Can you get them from Walsall or are Yet they only available in Wolverhampton?

I haven't seen in WA but they are avaliable in W'ton on request.

mikestone

what's the point of them being available on request - are all employees at i54 issued with crystal balls?

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on April 24, 2015, 12:05:55 PM
what's the point of them being available on request - are all employees at i54 issued with crystal balls?

Because most sensible people will walk into a travelshop, and if they cannot see the timetable they require will ask the staff if there is one. They will then receive it.

If the initial delivery was only a small number, putting them in the display racks will result in kleptomaniacs and the likes of members of this forum all taking one (or several in some cases) and then be none left for the people who really need them, the employees you mention.

JoNi

I walked into Pool Meadow Bus Station yesterday and asked if they had the new timetable for Johnsons 87 that starts next Monday and was told they hadn't received any yet. Fortunately I picked up the last three copies from Pavilions travel shop earlier, the two spares have already been accepted by people who will use them.
West Midlands bus users deserve a better culture of communication than this!

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2015, 12:10:53 PM
Because most sensible people will walk into a travelshop, and if they cannot see the timetable they require will ask the staff if there is one. They will then receive it.

If the initial delivery was only a small number, putting them in the display racks will result in kleptomaniacs and the likes of members of this forum all taking one (or several in some cases) and then be none left for the people who really need them, the employees you mention.

Fair point, but the extra copies do get passed onto other people who cannot get down to the Travelshop for one reason or another.

At least they havent gone down the road of charging 10p for a photocopy like Lichfield & Kidderminster I believe.

(Cheeky so & so's. Why dont they get the proper leaflets from the bus company? I remember you could get proper leaflets from the old Lichfield Bus Station enquiry office!)

don

Quote from: mikestone on April 24, 2015, 12:05:55 PM

A more successful approach could be to issue email copies to all firms on the site, for them to broadcast issue as emails to all staff - thus raising everyone's awareness in a short time.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Solo1

Quote from: Westy on April 23, 2015, 07:22:06 PM
Nice to see in Walsall Travel Shop, what appears to be a full set of leaflets for the weekend.

Makes a change.

I didn't see any at walsall travel shop but the travel shop in Birmingham
Has some of the changes

Tony

Quote from: don on April 24, 2015, 02:00:26 PM
A more successful approach could be to issue email copies to all firms on the site, for them to broadcast issue as emails to all staff - thus raising everyone's awareness in a short time.

As the service is sponsored by the i54 I would be very surprised if they hadn't given all the resident companies copies of the timetables!

BN

Quote from: Bob on April 23, 2015, 09:43:43 PM
I really hope the 54 & particularly 154 are a hit & give arriva a run for their money!  The 154 has the added advantage of Hednesford & Chadsmoor passengers going to wolves.  The only disadvantage is artiva three buses sn hour to wolves compared to the 154 being hourly.  The 54 has the potential to really screw arriva's 76 over though.  Brand new buses too compared with whatever scrap Wednesfield will stick on there!

Scrap?

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2015, 06:17:00 PM
As the service is sponsored by the i54 I would be very surprised if they hadn't given all the resident companies copies of the timetables!
or been printed and sat in somebody's office

Bob

Quote from: BN on April 24, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
Scrap?

13 y.o + SB120s? If theyre anything like some of Cannocks...also even Cannock lately have used mainly full size vehicles on there so are Arriva forward planninga drop in custom ? :-p

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on April 24, 2015, 08:04:52 PM
13 y.o + SB120s? If theyre anything like some of Cannocks...also even Cannock lately have used mainly full size vehicles on there so are Arriva forward planninga drop in custom ? :-p

Some were from CK! They're not brilliant but on the other hand they're not terrible either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk