News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Review 2015

Started by Chris2301, January 15, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 26, 2015, 06:52:37 PM
I agree with splitting them at Stourbridge but the Wollaston routes need to be at least every 20 minutes otherwise they'd be degrading the service

Agreed which unfortunately would mean an increased PVR, plus you would be breaking links between Wollaston & Norton and Merry Hill and Dudley.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

Centro staff (or volunteers) are out in force this week in Brierley Hill and Cradley Heath counting the number of people on buses - possibly the first stages towards the Bus Review.

andrew1991

Quote from: Roy on April 22, 2015, 12:06:03 PM
Centro staff (or volunteers) are out in force this week in Brierley Hill and Cradley Heath counting the number of people on buses - possibly the first stages towards the Bus Review.

Any idea why there were a group of Centro officials standing by stand C in merry hill bus station yesterday ?

Westy

Is there a chance the 126 could be split?

Would this make Wolverhampton the only depot without a Birmingham route?

the trainbasher

@Westy the only depot without a Birmingham route is Coventry!

(thinking about it though dundee doesn't have one either but it's not a NXWM depot as it's a different nx company)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 26, 2015, 03:30:22 PM
@Westy the only depot without a Birmingham route is Coventry!

(thinking about it though dundee doesn't have one either but it's not a NXWM depot as it's a different nx company)

As is Coventry.

winston

Quote from: NXDom on April 26, 2015, 04:08:40 PM
As is Coventry.

No it's not.

NXC is part of West Midlands Travel Ltd

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on April 26, 2015, 04:10:55 PM
No it's not.

NXC is part of West Midlands Travel Ltd

Also I am pretty sure Coventry falls under the Area Director / Management group or what ever they called as Yardley wood & Acocks Green.

JoNi

I was under the impression Coventry had its own Managing Director albeit acting.

Roy

Centro have three exhibitions scheduled for people to give their views on changes to the Dudley and Sandwell Bus Network.  They are at Oldbury on Friday, Monday at Stourbridge and the following Monday (22nd) at Dudley. 

Full details at http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/busreview/busreview.aspx

Stuharris 6360

Why Olkdbury, seems a bit odd when it is a Dudley bus review.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 09, 2015, 03:11:19 PM
Why Olkdbury, seems a bit odd when it is a Dudley bus review.

It now seems to be a Dudley and Sandwell Bus Review.  The on line questionnaire mentions areas of Sandwell as well as Dudley.

Stu

I'm disappointed, I shared this on my Facebook page earlier, and I was expecting the first response to be 'renumber the 141 as the 139'. Instead, the first response I got was 'be on time'.  :(

Which is a standard response that crops up on the Birmingham Mail Facebook page when a bus related story gets published. Do people really not understand how traffic works and what causes it?  ???
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Stu on June 09, 2015, 07:36:02 PM
I'm disappointed, I shared this on my Facebook page earlier, and I was expecting the first response to be 'renumber the 141 as the 139'. Instead, the first response I got was 'be on time'.  :(

Which is a standard response that crops up on the Birmingham Mail Facebook page when a bus related story gets published. Do people really not understand how traffic works and what causes it?  ???

You really shouldn't expect anything with the even smallest element of sense to appear on Facebook.

The worst half of the Facebook users have the combined intelligence of Harry Styles, and that's saying something.

Westy

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on June 09, 2015, 08:14:09 PM
You really shouldn't expect anything with the even smallest element of sense to appear on Facebook.

The worst half of the Facebook users have the combined intelligence of Harry Styles, and that's saying something.

We're not all that bad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk