News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Review 2015

Started by Chris2301, January 15, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 25, 2015, 11:59:05 AM
The 140 & 87 both take 51 minutes. The 74 takes over an hour.

I don't think the 140 will ever change, route wise

Isn't the 126 quicker to Brum from Dudley?

Stuharris 6360

I notice that a number of tendered services are up for renewal in October this year in the Dudley area, wonder whether the Dudley Bus Review will coincide with this. Can't see some services surviving with the cut backs Centro will no doubt have to make.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 25, 2015, 09:01:05 PM
I notice that a number of tendered services are up for renewal in October this year in the Dudley area, wonder whether the Dudley Bus Review will coincide with this. Can't see some services surviving with the cut backs Centro will no doubt have to make.

Where abouts is the list of those up for renewal this year? I thought much of the initial Arriva Hill Top work won in April 2012 ie 229 etc is for 5 year contracts?

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 25, 2015, 09:01:05 PM

When I asked NWM about the Dudley Review on their Facebook page, they told me it would be happening in 'summer'. I guess this to be late August, before the schools go back.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Sorry it's me, it's March and can't remember it's 2015.

From what i can see the following Dudley routes are up for renewal

81. 243, 288, 298/9, 267, 208, 124, 282.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 25, 2015, 09:45:44 PM
226 is also up for renewal

@the trainbasher  My list must be out of date as it says 26 Oct 2014 for the 226!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 25, 2015, 09:49:42 PM
@the trainbasher  My list must be out of date as it says 26 Oct 2014 for the 226!

It was let as a 12 month contract I believe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 25, 2015, 09:56:32 PM
It was let as a 12 month contract I believe

That makes sense and makes you think that the 226 will be altered in some way to!

maybe it will become a circular service once more going from Merry Hill to Dudley via the X96 route, therefore enabling the X96 to be curtailed to run between Merry Hill and Wollaston Farm.

Certainly i think the X96 needs to be made more reliable, at the moment it just seems to run in a circle with very little time at either Wollaston or Wrens Nest and the punctuality can be very poor.

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 25, 2015, 10:04:55 PM
That makes sense and makes you think that the 226 will be altered in some way to!

maybe it will become a circular service once more going from Merry Hill to Dudley via the X96 route, therefore enabling the X96 to be curtailed to run between Merry Hill and Wollaston Farm.

Certainly i think the X96 needs to be made more reliable, at the moment it just seems to run in a circle with very little time at either Wollaston or Wrens Nest and the punctuality can be very poor.

Why would NX give up part of a commercial service in the X96? That would make sense if the 226 was a supported service or run by NXWM but it is mostly commercial Mon-Sat daytimes so think the chance of what you've outlined happening is nil.

Chris2301

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 25, 2015, 10:04:55 PM

The x96 sometimes gets problems during rush hours, off peak they are normally fine. I catch them 6 days a week and only a few have been late or not turned up. The merry centre doesn't help once its gridlocked its hard for buses to move. And tbh its well used throughout the route.

Stuharris 6360

or you could withdraw the X96, extend the 297 to Wrens Nest via the X96 route from Merry Hill and extend the 222 to Wollaston Farm.

the trainbasher

And make them unreliable at the same time!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 26, 2015, 06:39:53 PM
And make them unreliable at the same time!

I suppose we just have to wait until the bus review takes place, i just feel that they need to make the X96 more reliable. The Merry Hill can cause serious traffic chaos around christmas especially and it's not fair on people who want to travel to Norton & Wollaston when every 276/X96 is terminated short at Stourbridge. Maybe the solution is to bring back the 293/4/5.

the trainbasher

I agree with splitting them at Stourbridge but the Wollaston routes need to be at least every 20 minutes otherwise they'd be degrading the service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk