News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Favourite routes and Why?

Started by Dutsey, January 12, 2015, 10:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

This may have already been done as a topic but what are peoples favourite NXWM routes and why?

Gareth

I always used to have a soft spot for the 55. Back in times gone by, it was Fleetline and Metrobus operated and quite a pleasant route. Now it's 100% Omnilink, all of them from the same batch, so no real verity. I don't think I actually have a favourite route anymore. As a passenger, the modern fleet is very welcoming and accessible. For the Bus enthusiast, it's pretty boring. 😢

Liverpool Street

It was, and always has been the 47. Until NX ruined it.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

filbus1

Original 31 route from AG until it was messed with, lived on it as a small boy, not even sure where it goes now  :(

Dutsey

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 13, 2015, 10:55:46 AM

LS, What has NX done to ruin the route for you?

sonic84

For me at the moment it has to be the 98.  Infact, I generally prefer to get the 98 into Birmingham rather than the 61/63, and time getting to my bus stop specifically to get the 98, rather than turn up and get what ever comes first.

If we are including non- NXWM buses, then it has to be the 002.

Trident 4609

I like the 255/6 alot. Nice country roads with tridents

j789

Former TWM routes 996 Brum to Sutton and the 10 Brum to Quinton (always saw this as an 'express' routé into town when I lived in Brum) - sad to see this route today without anybody on, even 10 years ago the peak buses would be near full leaving town. The original 103 route around the markets was also good for getting to all parts of the centre.

Hardly ever go on nxwm routes now but will say the 61/63 as I spend a great deal of time stuck behind them when driving the 144!!

Stu

Quote from: filbus1 on January 13, 2015, 11:41:33 AM
Original 31 route from AG until it was messed with, lived on it as a small boy, not even sure where it goes now  :(

http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B031/?timetable[day]=monday_-_friday&timetable[direction]=Birmingham+-+Solihull+via+Acocks+Green&tab=#service_route_map

Still much the same route between Birmingham and Gospel Oak, apart from serving Acocks Green village direct, and continues to Shirley and Solihull.

31 and 37 are probably my two favourite routes, as I use both to get to and from work in Sparkbrook every day.

But for leisure, there's nothing like a trip on the 900, taking in the Airport and Meriden and the bits of countryside in between.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dutsey on January 13, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 13, 2015, 10:55:46 AM

LS, What has NX done to ruin the route for you?

The running times, delays, the city termini, (not NX but) the reduced speed limit and traffic calming along the whole of the Persh. And the interworking with the now monsterous 45 route at Cofton Hackett. (Also the loss of Pershore Road branded metrobuses) but alas! Whats done is done!

Anybody with a funnybone would realise most of those were in satire.

Anybody for least favourite route? The 99. I REALLY DONT THINK I WOULD NEED TO POST THE REASON WHY BY NOW?? *cough cough* 200's *cough*
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

My favourite route WAS the 6 because I remember so many memories of me as a little kid with my mum always getting on the 6 to shop in Solihull, ah good days.

karl724223

That's easy the quickest route back to garage

the trainbasher

@karl724223 I thought a bus driver was only happy when they were departing the depot for home...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

They are  especially if you've had a merc  roll on our new buses or newer cast offs

Liverpool Street

Quote from: karl724223 on January 13, 2015, 08:15:39 PM
They are  especially if you've had a merc  roll on our new buses or newer cast offs

I can categorically say you'll be wishing for the Mercs back when you get a new 200.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk