News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Favourite routes and Why?

Started by Dutsey, January 12, 2015, 10:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: MW on June 15, 2015, 08:12:53 PM
@Nathan @Trident 4194 @Matt

What do you guys mean when you say you don't feel safe? From what?

The general public seem to have a misconception that All buses are full of weirdo's and drunks . 

Anyway back on topic.....

I caught the 54 to Stafford and back with a driver i know last Monday. There was only one passenger on to Penkridge from Wolverhampton. Quite a scenic route and the E200's aren't actually too bad, pretty nippy.

MW

Quote from: Dom on June 15, 2015, 08:15:04 PM
Erm Passengers, the area!!

Yeah but what does that mean? What do the passengers do? What have you experienced that makes you not feel safe? You guys make it sound like a war zone and I can't help but think, surely it can't be that bad!

I don't travel on buses as a passenger and haven't in years hence my curiosity.

MW

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 08:27:17 PM
I have to say I agree with @Trident 4194 though. I would quite happily travel on any route around Worcester, Bromsgrove & Kidderminster even late at night but would not dare travel in most Wolves/Walsall areas unless absolutely necessary.

Why not?

What is this unspeakable s*** that goes on at night?!

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 08:27:17 PM
I have to say I agree with @Trident 4194 though. I would quite happily travel on any route around Worcester, Bromsgrove & Kidderminster even late at night but would not dare travel in most Wolves/Walsall areas unless absolutely necessary.

I think you will find you genuinely have more chance of winning the lottery, if you are over 18,than of being 'attacked' without doing anything yourself first on Public transport in the West Midlands. The lottery is something like 1 in 8 million unprovoked attack are a lot less than that if you divide the number of journeys made each day by the number of attacks. In fact I would imagine the chance of getting hurt in thousands of different ways more than an unprovoked attack on any bus

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 08:32:27 PM
The less wealthy the area, the greater the risk of trouble. It's a simple correlation.

Any proof? - thought not

MW

No offence but you guys; @Matt @Nathan @Trident 4194

You all seem to be living in a bubble.

MW

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
Go onto the police website, and check the crime data for economically deprived areas of Walsall Wolves etc, then compare it with semi-rural areas and affluent suburbs. I don't need to do this myself as I know what the results will be, it's quite funny people would actually question this

Has anything actually happened in real life to you personally?

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
Go onto the police website, and check the crime data for economically deprived areas of Walsall Wolves etc, then compare it with semi-rural areas and affluent suburbs. I don't need to do this myself as I know what the results will be, it's quite funny people would actually question this

We're on about buses, not on the streets, check Safer Travel's statistics!

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2015, 08:33:34 PM
I think you will find you genuinely have more chance of winning the lottery, if you are over 18,than of being 'attacked' without doing anything yourself first on Public transport in the West Midlands. The lottery is something like 1 in 8 million unprovoked attack are a lot less than that if you divide the number of journeys made each day by the number of attacks. In fact I would imagine the chance of getting hurt in thousands of different ways more than an unprovoked attack on any bus

Not to bring up a bad topic but look at what happened to that girl on 4816.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on June 15, 2015, 08:54:55 PM

But still, Tony is correct. The chances of something like this happening on a bus is very rare!

I think certain people are being snobby! 

Tony

Quote from: Dom on June 15, 2015, 08:54:55 PM
A rare unprovoked attack, and in an area of Birmingham with some of the highest value houses.

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 09:09:28 PM
Yes good idea, look at the stats from an organisation interested in making WM bus travel look as appealing as possible. Oh dear!

The problem with public transport is it can bring people from different socioeconomic groups together in close proximity, not great for all kinds of reasons. It also allows people from deprived areas to travel out into the suburbs this is how a lot of crime occurs. The car for me will always be the superior mode of transport for these and many other reasons.

One minute you are asking me to look at police statistics the next, don't because they may be biased you really are looking a complete idiot again.

I think you will find the chance of getting injured while travelling by car is actually much higher than the chance of getting injured while travelling by bus

MW

You guys aren't even worth debating with. Or just @Matt

Stuharris 6360

If you are going to debate safety on the buses, then 4816 attack  shouldn't be bought into it, it was a one off unprecedented incident which we all hope will never ever be seen again.

I would suggest that the number of incidents on NE buses should be well down, now with CCTV on virtually all buses and a number of high profile incidents where the people were convicted, the message is now there, commit an offence on a NE bus and you will be caught.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

I've been on a bus where the driver has been physically attacked by a motorist who cut him up (not far from merry hell), I've been attacked at a bus stop myself and on a bus (by a quartet of students from the school I went to) (pensnett area).

You wouldn't exactly call merry hill or pensnett affluent!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk