News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Gareth on April 28, 2015, 10:24:15 AM
They probably will. But it can't be done overnight. Remember it took 6-7 years to repaint the fleet last time.

Don't forget that there wasn't the number of new buses entering the fleet during that period compared to what there is now

JoNi

What is NX's timescale for repainting vehicles, has it got one?

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on April 28, 2015, 10:24:15 AM
They probably will. But it can't be done overnight. Remember it took 6-7 years to repaint the fleet last time.

Two things to remember here.

NXWM don't just repaint buses like some operators. They get extensive repanneling and all buses going into crimson will get interiors to match.
The paint shop can cope with a maximum of 17 vehicles at a time, otherwise vehicles just end up parked outside doing nothing

JoNi

4799 currently at west broms refurb being stripped down as I type. Rear emergency window open and seats being trown out quick way of doing it I,guess, body still looks bright and shiny.

BN

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2015, 10:46:50 AM
Two things to remember here.

NXWM don't just repaint buses like some operators. They get extensive repanneling and all buses going into crimson will get interiors to match.
The paint shop can cope with a maximum of 17 vehicles at a time, otherwise vehicles just end up parked outside doing nothing

There used to be 3 in at a time at WN, when the paintshop is going at it full tilt dependant on the amount of damage they were knocking the tridents out in around 6 weeks.

Tony

Quote from: BN on April 28, 2015, 06:47:41 PM
There used to be 3 in at a time at WN, when the paintshop is going at it full tilt dependant on the amount of damage they were knocking the tridents out in around 6 weeks.

Garage allowances have changed completely for the next 6 months.

Alexander Dennis buses take a lot longer to be done than Scania or WQrights

Tony

4369 & 4445 should now be looking different like I promised. I have it confirmed 4369 is, but that is currently in YW garage after doing an 18 morning board. 4445 is on the Pershore Road if anyone sees it to know if it has been done yet

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2015, 01:47:35 PM
4369 & 4445 should now be looking different like I promised. I have it confirmed 4369 is, but that is currently in YW garage after doing an 18 morning board. 4445 is on the Pershore Road if anyone sees it to know if it has been done yet

4445 sporting an overall ad in green. Didnt quite catch what it was for. Is 4369 the same?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on April 29, 2015, 02:06:44 PM
4445 sporting an overall ad in green. Didnt quite catch what it was for. Is 4369 the same?

Yes, both for TK Maxx made to look like a leather sofa!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2015, 02:11:56 PM
Yes, both for TK Maxx made to look like a leather sofa!
Saw it in the depot.

MW

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Ah so it was 4369! Seen it in the depot.

Stu

4369 passed me on the 3 on Stratford Road while I was waiting for my 37 home, so it got into service this afternoon.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on April 29, 2015, 06:56:23 PM
4369 passed me on the 3 on Stratford Road while I was waiting for my 37 home, so it got into service this afternoon.

They had done both sides by 12.30pm so would have finished around then. Is the advert on the rear as well?

Stu

Quote from: Michael on April 29, 2015, 06:58:42 PM
They had done both sides by 12.30pm so would have finished around then. Is the advert on the rear as well?

Only saw the side to be honest, as the bus passed the stop.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk