News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Will the new crimson repaints recieve the new seat trim?

Tony

Quote from: NXDom on April 26, 2015, 06:40:59 PM
Will the new crimson repaints recieve the new seat trim?

see reply #272

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2015, 06:40:44 PM
It's not that easy to arrange that many buses from one garage at a time, 6 is pushing it. The Perry Barr ones are for the routes already given on here, 7, 16 & 101

I thought tje Crimson busrs were going to be for "gold corridors"?

Liberator9

Sounds a good plan to do it route by route - I hope YW's Scanias are done for the 6 and 27.

JoNi

It would certainly fit in with the current route based mentality.

Gareth

I read the forum every day and I'm on other areas of social media. Nowhere did I see any official announcement of the new livery being for new bus only or the new livery will be for gold corridors only. Why did so many people think this was the case?

don

Quote from: Gareth on April 26, 2015, 10:02:22 PM
I read the forum every day and I'm on other areas of social media. Nowhere did I see any official announcement of the new livery being for new bus only or the new livery will be for gold corridors only. Why did so many people think this was the case?

Possibly because having announced it NXWM continued to paint vehicles for some time in the 'old' livery and even received 15 new vehicles in the old livery - and no doubt will continue to do so for older ones. I think everyone guessed that the Crimson livery would eventually be applied to existing vehicles, just a matter of when.

It's a great pity we appear not to be going to see Geminis in the new livery for a while ...... well Crimson!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2015, 06:02:37 PM
Two more buses in for repaint are

AG 4665 (repaint only) This was done in 2012 and the interior is still good, but Acocks Green had changed about 3 panels and not got correct shades of colours so it is getting a once over at Walsall to make it match all the others around it.

PB 4799, this is another due the full Crimson treatment including the red spot moquette

Any idea when 4799 is due to leave PB? Might go and photograph it leaving.

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 27, 2015, 07:26:56 AM
Any idea when 4799 is due to leave PB? Might go and photograph it leaving.

It's more than likely already at Walsall now

Any idea why 4799 Has gone when it has already had a repaint, when there are plenty still in original livery?

The Fox 4846

I think it is because the 16, 101 and 82 & 87 have just received an 'upgrade' of euro 4 Enviros, but all the other enviros will probably get painted into crimson anyway as routes like 115/902/4/5/14 have just had 63 plates and soho road got upgraded 6 months ago with 64 plates. I also expect the 13 plates that are going on to pershore road will get the Crimson repainted as the pershore road will have got 'upgraded'.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on April 27, 2015, 07:40:59 AM
It's more than likely already at Walsall now

Any idea why 4799 Has gone when it has already had a repaint, when there are plenty still in original livery?

All of that batch will be done (4799-4815,4817-4829)

John

Quote from: Nathan on April 27, 2015, 08:05:25 AM
All of that batch will be done (4799-4815,4817-4829)

I know that, but I mean why don't NX put through all of the buses that haven't already had a repaint first for the new Crimson livery rather than 4799 which has already had a repaint in its lifetime, and do the likes of 4799/4817/4822 (already refurbished) when the rest are done?

MrBevan2000

Quote from: John on April 27, 2015, 08:17:08 AM
I know that, but I mean why don't NX put through all of the buses that haven't already had a repaint first for the new Crimson livery rather than 4799 which has already had a repaint in its lifetime, and do the likes of 4799/4817/4822 (already refurbished) when the rest are done?

Why don't they paint all the Enviro's into Crmison?

filbus1

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 28, 2015, 06:29:52 AM

Well, the early ones at YW on the 35 have only just been repainted etc. so I can,t see them being done again for a while.

Gareth

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 28, 2015, 06:29:52 AM

They probably will. But it can't be done overnight. Remember it took 6-7 years to repaint the fleet last time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk