News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Steveminor on November 24, 2015, 06:57:13 PM
The reason small operators tend to change routes frequently is simple. We don't have the large volume of o discs or buses as large operators so when buses are needed elsewhere or a commercial oportunity presents itself elsewhere we invariably have to remove buses from other routes.
That said arriva do a good job of altering routes very frequently and they're a large operator lol.
Other changes are in process but obviously I can't go into them until the official press release is made.

So your cancelling the 71E to invest onto 11? Is there that much of an opportunity on the 11?

Steveminor

Please wait until official press release until you make rash assumptions. All WILL become clear very very soon.
All I will say is its a very exciting time for social travel.

LG

Sounds interesting.  How long do we have to wait to find out the news??

Steveminor

Patients my pretties not long at all I promise.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on November 24, 2015, 07:23:53 PM
Patients my pretties not long at all I promise.

I know you run past at least two hospitals but.........

Steveminor

Social Travel
will be starting on the 74A from November 30th Monday - Friday only meaning
Friday 27th November 2015 will be the last day of the 11C it will be withdrawn.

http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/publictransport/buses/Plan-your-journey/Forthcomingbusservice.aspx - on there Monday 30th

74A - Cannock - Huntington - Walton Upon Hill - Stafford - Stafford Hospital
One
journey in each direction (S74) will also serve Brocton village.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bryan

Quote from: Bryan on September 01, 2015, 07:00:31 PM
No doubt I will create some controversy with my thoughts, but why have Social Travel started on the 11C Outer Circle route?

1) National Express West Midlands have a daytime frequency of 7 or 8 minutes each way (on the 11A (anticlockwise) and 11C (clockwise)) during normal working hours (a route that takes about 2 1/2 hours in total). What do Social Travel offer, 8 journeys in one direction only on the 11C (all at irregular timings). How can people be expected to be loyal to a company that takes them 15 minutes to get to their destination one way, and 2 hours 15 minutes back? This assumes the service is still running late afternoon and at regular intervals.

2) What worries me also is that Social Travel fail to show any fleetnames on the vehicles I have seen on the 11C. Why not show them and promote the company?

3) A further concern is that if the management had looked into the service they are providing, they would have seen previous failures for obvious reasons of copycat operators.

My thoughts back on 1 September 2015

Quote from: 2206 on November 24, 2015, 09:32:53 PM
Social Travel
will be starting on the 74A from November 30th Monday - Friday only meaning
Friday 27th November 2015 will be the last day of the 11C it will be withdrawn.

No surprise to me at all that the 11C is to be discontinued by Social Travel. Another independent to add to the list of failures on the Outer Circle route.

Busman Jamie

best of luck to social travel

Quote from: Bryan on November 25, 2015, 07:13:41 AM
My thoughts back on 1 September 2015

No surprise to me at all that the 11C is to be discontinued by Social Travel. Another independent to add to the list of failures on the Outer Circle route.
It wasn't a failure
Quote from: Steveminor on November 24, 2015, 06:57:13 PM
The reason small operators tend to change routes frequently is simple. We don't have the large volume of o discs or buses as large operators so when buses are needed elsewhere or a commercial oportunity presents itself elsewhere we invariably have to remove buses from other routes.
That said arriva do a good job of altering routes very frequently and they're a large operator lol.
Other changes are in process but obviously I can't go into them until the official press release is made.
@Bryan
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 24, 2015, 06:59:41 PM
So your cancelling the 71E to invest onto 11? Is there that much of an opportunity on the 11?

Doesn't appear they are investing on the 11 @Trident 4194

PD1125565/3 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between DUDLEY ROAD, ROTTON PARK ROAD and DUDLEY ROAD, ROTTON PARK ROAD given service number 11C effective from 11-Jan-2016.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Don't come on the 246 either

Trident 4194

If I had my bus company I would create my own route

MW

What a blessing that they're coming off the Circle. Noticed your S reg Dart broken down in Stockland Green/Marsh Hill, on the 11A side.

Bob

Quote from: MW on November 25, 2015, 09:22:04 PM
What a blessing that they're coming off the Circle. Noticed your S reg Dart broken down in Stockland Green/Marsh Hill, on the 11A side.

Will the entire fleet be used on the 74/74A now then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk