News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

@Steveminor couldn't you buy a nx b10/b6?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2015, 06:48:18 PM
@Steveminor couldn't you buy a nx b10/b6?

Why would you buy a bus would cost more to modify so you could use it, that to actually buy in the first place, even in the unlikely event of NX selling a bus to a competitor

Steveminor

As I said it's about modernization an ex nxwm b6 or b10 is not really modernizing.

Busman Jamie

b6/b10 from natex wouldnt be ideal becsuse of DDA crap, its prob cheaper to buy a dda compliant bus

Busman Jamie

just spotted the MPD in Leamore heading towards Walsall, i had to look twice before seeing the 'not in service' lol i csn only assume she had finished on 74

ntw456

Just seen the social travel bus miss out the hospital to beat the 74b

LG

Steveminor

Please pm me with time registration etc as I have said before so I can check cctv etm GPS data etc & look into it.

Busman Jamie

abit like Arriva then....

PD1125565/1 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chelmsley Road, Pine Square and Solihull, Touchwood Shopping Centre given service number 71E effective from 15-Jan-2016.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: 2206 on November 24, 2015, 05:19:03 PM
PD1125565/1 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chelmsley Road, Pine Square and Solihull, Touchwood Shopping Centre given service number 71E effective from 15-Jan-2016.

Give in already to nx's increased frequency?

Steveminor

Not at all after all it would be too early to tell the real effect of nxs  frequency increase. We have been reviewing our operation & our options for some time & for operational reasons we wanted to withdraw from the 71 a while back but had kept it running due to demand for a higher frequency on the coridoor on a Sunday.  Now nx are prepared to do that then that allows us to remove our service as we had wanted to do.

Trident 4194

Any other routes you plan on withdrawing? After all small operators change their routes every few months. The 74 next to be withdrawn?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Steveminor on November 24, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
Not at all after all it would be too early to tell the real effect of nxs  frequency increase. We have been reviewing our operation & our options for some time & for operational reasons we wanted to withdraw from the 71 a while back but had kept it running due to demand for a higher frequency on the coridoor on a Sunday.  Now nx are prepared to do that then that allows us to remove our service as we had wanted to do.

Ah, fair enough. Thought it would be a bit early to tell!

Steveminor

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 24, 2015, 06:48:33 PM
Any other routes you plan on withdrawing? After all small operators change their routes every few months. The 74 next to be withdrawn?
The reason small operators tend to change routes frequently is simple. We don't have the large volume of o discs or buses as large operators so when buses are needed elsewhere or a commercial oportunity presents itself elsewhere we invariably have to remove buses from other routes.
That said arriva do a good job of altering routes very frequently and they're a large operator lol.
Other changes are in process but obviously I can't go into them until the official press release is made.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk