News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Why don't these companies ever put the wage amount down? So annoying. Either way, it seems the School Bus funding has yet to affect TGB if they are expanding at this rate. Or it seems, shall I add!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Looks like the 22 will not serve Spies Lane/Howley Grange Road, instead going straight along Carter's Lane

nifty50

Why is it not going to Colmore Row nitromatt?

nitromatt1

Quote from: nifty50 on February 16, 2014, 02:23:42 PM
Why is it not going to Colmore Row nitromatt?

I was told it was to avoid traffic in the city centre, but personally I don't think it'll make much difference

Quote from: Matt on February 16, 2014, 01:40:46 PM
Looks like the 22 will not serve Spies Lane/Howley Grange Road, instead going straight along Carter's Lane

depending on  timings this could be so as it gets to Halesowen in front of the 002 I would think.
it's been a while....

Christopher

the green bus doing the 002 I woundnt expect
long live x96 branding

Stuharris 6360

Looks like some journeys have over 30 minutes layover in City?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

fleetline6477

Looked at the new timetable, 3 comments to make

1. B'ham - Merry Hill is not much different in time to 141.

2. The timetable seems to be hourly / half hourly and slightly different Mon - Fri to Saturday. This will cause
    confusion as people won't always remember at what point in the day the frequency is half hourly.

3. Terminating at the Town Hall will mean buses leave town empty, people travelling in will probably be reluctant to
    use the route as it turns at the Town Hall. When NXWM extended the 10 to Quinton, Tescos they curtailed it to the
    Town Hall which virtually killed off the service. The 1 always ran to / from Town Hall almost empty. How did the
    X62 / X64 do when they terminated at the Town Hall?

A great idea for a route and I hope it is a success but with changing frequencies and Town Hall terminus it will make success much harder to come by.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: fleetline6477 on February 17, 2014, 06:56:55 PM
Looked at the new timetable, 3 comments to make

1. B'ham - Merry Hill is not much different in time to 141.

2. The timetable seems to be hourly / half hourly and slightly different Mon - Fri to Saturday. This will cause
    confusion as people won't always remember at what point in the day the frequency is half hourly.

3. Terminating at the Town Hall will mean buses leave town empty, people travelling in will probably be reluctant to
    use the route as it turns at the Town Hall. When NXWM extended the 10 to Quinton, Tescos they curtailed it to the
    Town Hall which virtually killed off the service. The 1 always ran to / from Town Hall almost empty. How did the
    X62 / X64 do when they terminated at the Town Hall?

A great idea for a route and I hope it is a success but with changing frequencies and Town Hall terminus it will make success much harder to come by.

This is what confuses me, daytime the buses have plenty of time to go down to Colmore Row, then park up somewhere and then go back to Colmore Row to take up service again. I would have thought Colmore Row would make sense because the NE22 leaves from their and normally picks up a fair few passengers.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Maybe it's to do with the whole 'booking slots' with Centro process that they're trying to avoid? (for city centre terminus stops)

The Colmore Row stops look to me to be pretty full as it is, with all the services that currently go there. Maybe there is no room for the TGB 22 journeys?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

In reference to the X62/X64 at Town Hall: You only used to pick up one or two in the Off-Peak, and only slightly more in the Peak. I'm sure B'ham Central Driver can back me up on this. Not a very busy part of Town at all. Well, in comparison to the 900, say.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

989 313 464 all still parked in the yard

106 is/was on the 50 today

nitromatt1

There are two inaccuracies on the 22 map on the Network West Midlands site.

The 22 will serve Howley Grange Road and Spies Lane, not Carters Lane.

The 22 will not serve Adams Hill and Romsley Road. After Jiggins Lane, it will take a left onto Genners Lane then right onto Field Lane. Service 22S will turn left at the island going up Scotland Lane to serve Five Ways, then return to the island and continue on Field Lane, joining the 002 route. There are approximately 4 22S journeys each schoolday, 2 am journeys and 2 pm journeys. All other 22 journeys will pass straight over the island on Field Lane. (I hope not literally!)

Stuharris 6360

when does it start running Matt?  :)

nitromatt1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk