News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBevan2000

Currently on Spectra 203 heading back to North Birmingham Academy after a private hire to Kenilworth Castle for the day.

James4368

Metrobus 989 is at amrtm today
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Dylanbusboy45

Looks as if Green Bus are trying to sell all the currently withdrawn Tridents on Tony's fleetlist for Green Bus. Found this out when I was looking on a website called coach and bus market.com. Don't think anyone has bought them yet though.

Eric Shaw

Green Bus have an unspecified number of Volvo Olympians and low height Optare Spectras for sale on page 27 0f this weeks Coach and Bus Week.

Adam 404

I was suprised to find ALX 400 110 at the Buses Festival last Sunday...
I'll modify this post with a photo later.

201 was on the 844 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Adam 404

Didn't know all their vehicles had free WIFI
They have really cut down on their fleet size as well!
https://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/enthusiast/fleet/

PM

They've cut down their fleet size and number of school routes, axed commercial daytime routes, you just don't seem to see/hear anything about The Green Bus anymore. Not even sure whether the Liverpool/Surrey franchised operations are still going. All in all, just seems like work has been lost without replacement and they've run out of ideas of what to do with the business after the vast Centro subsidies to them were reduced.

Maybe I'm being unfair but can't see anything positive they've done recently...

Adam 404

PD1050400/92 - THE GREEN TRANSPORT COMPANY LIMITED, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5ST

Variation Accepted: Operating between Saltley Trading Estate, Birmingham and King Edward V1 Five Ways School given service number 782 effective from 11-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

Eric Shaw

The Reading services are still running but I believe the buses are owned by Reading. The fleet of 6 have recently been replaced, but whereas the previous vehicles were in Green bus livery the replacements are in Reading generic livery which makes them more suitable to be used on Reading services if required. I have seen the green livered ones on Reading services while down there.

winston

Quote from: Eric Shaw on February 16, 2016, 08:28:48 PM
The Reading services are still running but I believe the buses are owned by Reading. The fleet of 6 have recently been replaced, but whereas the previous vehicles were in Green bus livery the replacements are in Reading generic livery which makes them more suitable to be used on Reading services if required. I have seen the green livered ones on Reading services while down there.

The Reading Green Bus liveried Tridents are for sale via Ventura Bus & Coach sales
http://www.venturasales.co.uk/buses/dennis-trident.html

Tomf1993

The Green Bus in Surrey is long gone, Abellio have control of it now and often bring the TAs from BF/New Haw out station upto Battersea for rail work

winston

PD1050400/88 - THE GREEN TRANSPORT COMPANY LIMITED, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5ST
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between HANDSWORTH, BOOTH STREET and GREAT BARR, WILDERNESS LANE given service number Q2 effective from 01-May-2016.

PD1050400/89 - THE GREEN TRANSPORT COMPANY LIMITED, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5ST
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Handsworth, Hall Road and Great Barr, Wilderness Lane given service number Q1 effective from 01-May-2016.

PD1090982/71 - THE GREEN BUS COMPANY LIMITED T/A THE GREEN BUS, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5ST

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Worcester Bus Station
Finish Point: Sixways Stadium, Warriors Way, Worcester
Via:
Service Number: X15
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 03-JUN-2016
Other Details: 03/06/2016 only
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

One of the Olympians was on Rail Replacement today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk