News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie

Quote from: Winston on June 24, 2013, 09:07:08 PM
Quote from: Shaun on June 24, 2013, 08:46:57 PM
It sounds like TGB are really going for it on the 50. Best of luck to them

With TGB increasing their frequency on the 50, it could provoke a response from NX if they succeed in attracting a fair few passengers from NX buses through either increased frequencies / fare promotions etc

I like TGB I think they are innovative and are very customer focused I hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew!

winston

Quote from: trident4370 on June 24, 2013, 09:12:33 PM
I'm not saying don't run the 50, I just don't see why the 50A had to go when it was used, took plenty of cash fares and when the 50A can be incorporated into the 50 timetable like it was before. It would also be nice if the drivers gave people the correct information!
Personally I can't wait to see if Diamond come back with something whether it be new buses, more buses, cheaper fares or what, then again they will just do what they did with the 37 and withdraw completely... It doesn't help they have just lost 4 of the 5 Nifty Fiftys!

I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for a response from Diamond, they'll probably just withdrawal rather than fight....

Sh4318

With TGB increasing their frequency on the 50, it could provoke a response from NX if they succeed in attracting a fair few passengers from NX buses through either increased frequencies / fare promotions etc

I can see an NXWM retaliation, with TGB's service starting/terminating at Maypole Island, it may give them a slight advantage
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Winston on June 24, 2013, 09:15:04 PM
I'm not saying don't run the 50, I just don't see why the 50A had to go when it was used, took plenty of cash fares and when the 50A can be incorporated into the 50 timetable like it was before. It would also be nice if the drivers gave people the correct information!
Personally I can't wait to see if Diamond come back with something whether it be new buses, more buses, cheaper fares or what, then again they will just do what they did with the 37 and withdraw completely... It doesn't help they have just lost 4 of the 5 Nifty Fiftys!

I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for a response from Diamond, they'll probably just withdrawal rather than fight....

Unfortunately I think you are right! NXWM on the other hand seeing as the current 50's are already almost 5 and a half years old, carry 0 branding and internally look worn in, maybe will put up more of a fight in terms of new buses or new branding/refurbishment... The only decent looking 50 at the moment is 4799.

winston

Quote from: Shaun on June 24, 2013, 09:18:52 PM

I can see an NXWM retaliation, with TGB's service starting/terminating at Maypole Island, it may give them a slight advantage

Maybe a new fleet for the NX 50 from next years orders

richie

Quote from: trident4370 on June 24, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

Unfortunately I think you are right! NXWM on the other hand seeing as the current 50's are already almost 5 and a half years old, carry 0 branding and internally look worn in, maybe will put up more of a fight in terms of new buses or new branding/refurbishment... The only decent looking 50 at the moment is 4799.

It would be quicker to order new than refurb the lot on the 50 I would have thought.

PM

I really hope diamond put up a fight on the 50 as the buses on there do well-there just aren't enough. I'd say 10 mid life buses, paint em yellow advertise returns and have timetables etc drive competitively and it would take off.

Sh4318

Quote from: Winston on June 24, 2013, 09:20:05 PM
Quote from: Shaun on June 24, 2013, 09:18:52 PM

Maybe a new fleet for the NX 50 from next years orders

Hopefully, the 50 is a route that should receive new buses every few years. Do the TGB provide a Sunday service? On the timetable leaflet, they only advertised their Monday-Friday service
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: richie on June 24, 2013, 09:21:25 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on June 24, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

It would be quicker to order new than refurb the lot on the 50 I would have thought.

As the 50 is high profile route for NX, I would have thought that they would be more likely to buy new for that route if TGB do make a big impact and cascade the older Enviro's elsewhere. Pensnett!?!  ;)

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Peter123 on June 24, 2013, 09:21:45 PM
I really hope diamond put up a fight on the 50 as the buses on there do well-there just aren't enough. I'd say 10 mid life buses, paint em yellow advertise returns and have timetables etc drive competitively and it would take off.

I agree I hope Diamond do something, maybe with the Signature Network being upgraded to Hybrid, some Citaro 50 branding might work/at a stretch the 4 Solo SR's along with 30804 ;) They could always cut short at Maypole too as past there you only seem to ever see 3 or 4 people on at a time anyway.

PM

To be honest on the 50 though, its diamond and johnsons who need to be worried not travel who will always do well on the route no matter what as people with travelcards are locked into travelling with them

GREEN BUS HAVE ALREADY MADE A HUGE IMPACT!!!!

winston

Peter123, based on current evidence I just don't think it will happen, I think they've missed the opportunity to TGB. Could even the 50 support 3 operators, two running every 10 mins & NX running every 4/5mins which would no doubt be increased further if Diamond also increased their frequencies to match TGB

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on June 24, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

Peter123, based on current evidence I just don't think it will happen, I think they've missed the opportunity to TGB. Could even the 50 support 3 operators, two running every 10 mins & NX running every 4/5mins which would no doubt be increased further if Diamond also increased their frequencies to match TGB

The 16 does and i don't think that is as busy a route as the 50!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 24, 2013, 09:34:46 PM

Fair point, it does at present, but if Tony's recent photo of to Solo's on it is anything to go by Diamond aren't doing that well on it

Tony

Quote from: Winston on June 24, 2013, 09:36:22 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 24, 2013, 09:34:46 PM

Fair point, it does at present, but if Tony's recent photo of to Solo's on it is anything to go by Diamond aren't doing that well on it

It took this picture on Saturday, The one on the right was on the 50, unfortunately the destination didn't show in the photo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk