News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses you'd like NX to have

Started by The Fox 4846, December 31, 2014, 04:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 31, 2014, 10:07:02 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 31, 2014, 09:54:55 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 31, 2014, 09:52:07 PM
NX could've got Lancs, Mercedes 0530 type, Gemini 2's, Optare Olympus' instead of these rubbish Enviros.

Optare Olympus are no longer being built and haven't since the end of 2011/start of 2012. The old East Lancs factory in Blackburn that built them is no more!
Well the Optares should've been bought before it's cease.

Why would you buy a sporadic number of none standard buses with hard to source spare parts then a bus which has ready availability and a market leading after sales team?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

NX do have rigid citaros....on Airlinks services!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 01, 2015, 01:04:14 AM

And you never know, that might be why they haven't bought any more!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on January 01, 2015, 09:15:06 AM
Quote from: the trainbasher on January 01, 2015, 01:04:14 AM

And you never know, that might be why they haven't bought any more!

One of the ones I saw yesterday sounded really rough.

I wonder if they'll send the e200s at Heathrow up when they're due for replacement eventually.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

woody38

Am I the only one who does not like Wrights or Volvo,s. Wrights will only use Volvo engines, the reason why I hate Volvo so much is because I loved Leyland buses & Volvo closed it Down. ADL Will always come out on top for me there English, and the whole bus is made in the UK. Please NXWM Carry on buying AD buses

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on January 01, 2015, 09:32:24 AM
Am I the only one who does not like Wrights or Volvo,s. Wrights will only use Volvo engines, the reason why I hate Volvo so much is because I loved Leyland buses & Volvo closed it Down. ADL Will always come out on top for me there English, and the whole bus is made in the UK. Please NXWM Carry on buying AD buses

ADL are not English! Wrights will only use Volvo engines? So how come all those new Wrights at Arriva have VDL engines in? How come all those Streetlites have Cummins engines in? How come the Streetdeck has a Mercedes engine in?

At least get your facts right (or Wright) before having a moan!

The Real 4778

Carry on buying AD buses

Starring Sid James, is on ITV at 3pm.  Watch Barbara Windsor's top fly off at the spanking acceleration of 4718.
Don't you start.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 01, 2015, 11:35:11 AM
Carry on buying AD buses

Starring Sid James, is on ITV at 3pm.  Watch Barbara Windsor's top fly off at the spanking acceleration of 4718.

Hahahha!!! Very very good! One for avin a larf methinks haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Here's an idea I,m sure Wrightbuses borismaster could be developed in to single door operation, take one of the staircases out,  more seats always useful. Love to see a photo shopped version of my idea.
ImO it great looking bus it's very different to any thing else out there, its got character.
I read some where Wrightbus have a five year contract to build the borismaster then it's open to any other bus builder to build, I assume from that TFL own the rights to NBFL4 , I think they paid wrightbus for R&D.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 05:49:42 PM
ADL body and Volvo chassis, for some 2001 simulated variation.

Brownie points for anybody who knows what I'm on about.

That would be the Volvo B10B's with Alexander (Belfast) Ultra bodies, the ones that were originally gas powered.

DavieDD2

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 31, 2014, 09:52:07 PM
NX could've got Lancs, Mercedes 0530 type, Gemini 2's, Optare Olympus' instead of these rubbish Enviros.

No chance of Optare Olympuses, they're out of production now but the new Optare Metrodecker is a nice looking bus, I wouldn't wan't to see any of those Borismasters in the fleet, Stagecoach Strathtay had 2 up here in Dundee supposedly for 3 months, they were gone after 3 weeks! utterly useless outside of London, they're welcome to them!

DavieDD2

Got to point this out, ADL are SCOTTISH!! Alexander bought out Dennis and the HQ and main factory is in Falkirk.

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on January 03, 2015, 04:54:39 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 05:49:42 PM
ADL body and Volvo chassis, for some 2001 simulated variation.

Brownie points for anybody who knows what I'm on about.

That would be the Volvo B10B's with Alexander (Belfast) Ultra bodies, the ones that were originally gas powered.

No it wouldn't. They were built in 1996, Volvo B10L's & P-reg.

It's already been answered & LS was refering to VolvoB7TL/ALX400's namely from the 4225-4304 batch.

DavieDD2

Quote from: Tony on January 01, 2015, 09:52:33 AM

ADL are not English! Wrights will only use Volvo engines? So how come all those new Wrights at Arriva have VDL engines in? How come all those Streetlites have Cummins engines in? How come the Streetdeck has a Mercedes engine in?

The StreetDeckers have Daimler engines according to the Wright's website!

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on January 03, 2015, 05:06:24 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 01, 2015, 09:52:33 AM

The StreetDeckers have Daimler engines according to the Wright's website!

Mercedes & Daimler-Benz are part of the same company. Now a proper Daimler engine, must be about 55 years since one of those was put in a bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk