News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Community Speaks: Should Buses run on Christmas Day?

Started by the trainbasher, December 01, 2014, 04:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 06, 2014, 01:07:58 AM
Quote from: Ashley on December 05, 2014, 07:12:51 PM
When I come to power, boxing day would see a total shutdown as well, do your shopping on the internet, take a walk, ride a bike, hitch a lift but for Christ sake, a couple of days of rest surely never hurt anybody. Oh and add new years day to that list

I'm voting for you.

Annoyingly the wheels of commerce never stop turning! 24hrs break means millions of pounds lost. Can't afford to spend anything these poor poor shareholders awwwwww everyone needs to donate money to the poor poor FTSE 100 aww shame

I would go further and enforce some kind of shutdown of the internet and mobile phone networks on Christmas day at the very least. I know I'm 21 but I could sit here until Christmas going on about things I dont agree with in the modern world but id say technology is at the core of some of my grumbles, despite its usefulness

domino.99

If i'm honest I would only work Christmas day if I was paid quad time.

andy

Quote from: Ashley on December 06, 2014, 01:32:51 PM
When I come to power, boxing day would see a total shutdown as well, do your shopping on the internet, take a walk, ride a bike, hitch a lift but for Christ sake, a couple of days of rest surely never hurt anybody. Oh and add new years day to that list

I'm voting for you.

Annoyingly the wheels of commerce never stop turning! 24hrs break means millions of pounds lost. Can't afford to spend anything these poor poor shareholders awwwwww everyone needs to donate money to the poor poor FTSE 100 aww shame

I would go further and enforce some kind of shutdown of the internet and mobile phone networks on Christmas day at the very least. I know I'm 21 but I could sit here until Christmas going on about things I dont agree with in the modern world but id say technology is at the core of some of my grumbles, despite its usefulness

You are a refreshing throwback :-) 

Ashley

Quote from: andy on December 06, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

I'm voting for you.

I probably just sound totally off my rocker to be fair but I just cant see the harm in a day of rest in its entirety, there's 364 other days where tweeting and online shopping and bus spotting can be done, that last one was trying to get the topic back towards buses rather than me waffling lol

andy

Quote from: Ashley on December 06, 2014, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: andy on December 06, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

I'm voting for you.

I probably just sound totally off my rocker to be fair but I just cant see the harm in a day of rest in its entirety, there's 364 other days where tweeting and online shopping and bus spotting can be done, that last one was trying to get the topic back towards buses rather than me waffling lol

Well I couldn't agree more with everything you said, I get just as annoyed.

Dylan4579

I think that only 1 bus per corridor should run at a 1/2 hour frequency and only 1 bus to a destination e.g out of the 120, 126, and 87 only run 1 route.

Liverpool Street

I'm voting for you.

Try experiencing the days without computers and mobile phones. Everything was simple. Everything had a paper trail. Chequebooks existed. Hell, pen and paper existed!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

arrifirststage

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 07, 2014, 03:54:40 PM

I'm voting for you.

Try experiencing the days without computers and mobile phones. Everything was simple. Everything had a paper trail. Chequebooks existed. Hell, pen and paper existed!
The older I get,the more I sympathise with Victor Meldrew!!!

Ashley

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 07, 2014, 03:54:40 PM

I'm voting for you.

That would suit me fine aha

Dutsey

If I was running the country , evrywhere apart from the emergency services would have a week shutdown over Christmas.

It seems that everybody these days is more interested in money then spending time with family and I think this is very sad.

richie

Quote from: Dutsey on December 08, 2014, 03:14:34 PM
If I was running the country , evrywhere apart from the emergency services would have a week shutdown over Christmas.

It seems that everybody these days is more interested in money then spending time with family and I think this is very sad.

Great! Let's all spend family time in the cold and dark at home for a week at X mas. No tv no power no heat no places to visit..................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk