News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

The Diamond 53 service (Erdington-Smiths Wood) is a dying route. Diamond have already reduced the frequency to every hour and barely any passengers use the route. So this is what I would do:
Split the 53 into two services. I would either cut the 53 to serve between  Erdington and Heartlands Hospital or reroute the 28A to replace the 53 between Heartlands Hospital and Erdington and renumber it 26.

Then I would introduce a new service 56 that will run between Birmingham and Smiths Wood via Saltley, Ward End, Glebe Farm and Shard End. The 56 will serve Drew's Lane again and it will come up the Bromford Lane to Ward End then down the Stechford Lane to Iron Lane then follow the 14 route to Glebe Farm and the rest of the 53 route to Smiths Wood.

I think that these changes replace the 53 well. The only section that wouldn't be served is the Heartlands Hospital to Glebe Farm section.

Jack D

nathanielrwi

I'd split the WN1 into two routes - Dudley - Bilston Street (Wolverhampton) run by Pensnett and Bilston Street to Tettenhall Wood run by Park Lane - reliability is often shocking, especially as there are around 6 schools plus Wolves college up the Tettenhall Road - usually full of school kids from Wolves art gallery!

Pat

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 03, 2019, 02:13:11 AM
I'd split the WN1 into two routes - Dudley - Bilston Street (Wolverhampton) run by Pensnett and Bilston Street to Tettenhall Wood run by Park Lane - reliability is often shocking, especially as there are around 6 schools plus Wolves college up the Tettenhall Road - usually full of school kids from Wolves art gallery!
They did that before the Wolverhampton network changes a few hears back.  Was known as the 501.  However, I do agree with you and it's annoying when the school kids on the Tettenhall Road push and shove onto the buses.

Trident 4609

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 03, 2019, 02:13:11 AM

Why would you run the latter from Pensnett. The Dudley to Wolverhampton section was run from Park Lane as the 558, so if they split it... it'd probably be WN operating both sides.

Pat

I'd withdraw the 113 service between Telford and Bridgnorth but up the frequency on the 114 to run every 2 hours Monday to Saturday. 

PinkBus

I'd reintroduce the 450 service (numbered 50?) to run from Bearwood Bus Station to West Brom, I don't know why this service was messed around with and then dropped as it was always busy, especially on Saturdays. Matchdays, it could go along Dartmouth Road like the 89 does. I know you have the 80 also going to West Brom, but Bearwood doesn't really have a straightforward link to West Brom these days.

I'd also reintroduce the 444, (numbered 51?) and run it down Manor Road like the 46 used to, to the island at Hales Lane, then up Hales Lane and it's old route to Norman Road, then up Alexander Road, Abbey Road, Barclay Road, Upper St Mary's Road, then onto Bearwood Road and the bus station. Run it every half hour until 7pm Monday to Sunday. I live on the 89 route and on Sundays because Diamond's 21 doesn't run, we have no service to Bearwood or Oldbury, a reintroduced 444 would give us links back to Bearwood, Warley, Oldbury and a increased link to West Brom.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

Sh4318

Quote from: PinkBus on August 04, 2019, 09:47:20 AM
I'd reintroduce the 450 service (numbered 50?) to run from Bearwood Bus Station to West Brom, I don't know why this service was messed around with and then dropped as it was always busy, especially on Saturdays. Matchdays, it could go along Dartmouth Road like the 89 does. I know you have the 80 also going to West Brom, but Bearwood doesn't really have a straightforward link to West Brom these days.

I'd also reintroduce the 444, (numbered 51?) and run it down Manor Road like the 46 used to, to the island at Hales Lane, then up Hales Lane and it's old route to Norman Road, then up Alexander Road, Abbey Road, Barclay Road, Upper St Mary's Road, then onto Bearwood Road and the bus station. Run it every half hour until 7pm Monday to Sunday. I live on the 89 route and on Sundays because Diamond's 21 doesn't run, we have no service to Bearwood or Oldbury, a reintroduced 444 would give us links back to Bearwood, Warley, Oldbury and a increased link to West Brom.

The 48?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nathanielrwi

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 03, 2019, 08:41:03 AM
They did that before the Wolverhampton network changes a few hears back.  Was known as the 501.  However, I do agree with you and it's annoying when the school kids on the Tettenhall Road push and shove onto the buses.

Yeah I remember that - was a while back! Were the 501 and 558 rejoined due to profitability?

nathanielrwi

Quote from: Nathan on August 03, 2019, 10:59:58 AM
Why would you run the latter from Pensnett. The Dudley to Wolverhampton section was run from Park Lane as the 558, so if they split it... it'd probably be WN operating both sides.

I know, it would just be nice to have another garage operating into Wolverhampton, as since the 89's withdrawal only Park Lane has been operating around Wolves

CL

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 04, 2019, 12:51:53 PM
I know, it would just be nice to have another garage operating into Wolverhampton, as since the 89's withdrawal only Park Lane has been operating around Wolves
Though I suppose it's only a peak working, West Bromwich do operate an X8 in the mornings. Is that still the case, being that its the school holidays?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BusMan Greg

Quote from: CL on August 04, 2019, 02:08:44 PM
Though I suppose it's only a peak working, West Bromwich do operate an X8 in the mornings. Is that still the case, being that its the school holidays?
X8 to Wolves or an X8 to Brum?

CL

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 04, 2019, 02:14:29 PM
X8 to Wolves or an X8 to Brum?
Not entirely sure, so don't quote me on this:

I believe it begins at Bearwood, where it heads to Wolverhampton (in service) and does the full length Wolves to Brum from there. Goes onto the 74, afterwards, I think - it's usually a Soho branded E400, anyhow.

I'm sure someone would come along to correct me, if I'm wrong
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

PinkBus

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 04, 2019, 11:43:59 AM
The 48?

Ok, I'll rephrase that, the bottom end of Bearwood Road, doesn't have a direct route, as the 89 goes all the way round the Wrekin.

Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

Westy

If the current version of the Arriva 2 fails, try rerouting via Blakenall Lane, introducing a link between Blakenall shops & Leamore shops, then straight down to Walsall like it used to!

(If they kept the current routing between Bloxwich & Blakenall, they would only miss one stop on Bloxwich Road!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk