News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 24, 2019, 09:12:31 PM
I would extend the X4 From Minworth to Tamworth Via Kingsbury & Dosthill. This service would run every 30 mins in the daytime and every hour in the evenings. I would also extend the X5 from Roughly to Tamworth on a similar route to the 110. This would go via Mile Oak, Sir Robert Peel hosp & Fazley. This would run every 20 mins during the daytime monday to Saturday & every 30 mins during the evening & every hour on Sundays.
Its already a long route from Birmingham to Minworth on the X4 and currently goes via Sutton.
The 116 used to do that operating from Minworth, Kingsbury and Tamworth. But since it no longer exists in any form, usage can't have been that great?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: 2206 on September 24, 2019, 09:15:28 PM
Its already a long route from Birmingham to Minworth on the X4 and currently goes via Sutton.
The 116 used to do that operating to Minworth, Kingsbury and Tamworth. But since it no longer exists in any form, usage can't have been that great?
The passenger usage weren't that great on the 112 Brum-Lichfield however NatEx still tried to make the corridor work with the extension of the X3. So if NatEx are willing to try & resurrect dead corridors why the hell shouldn't they try it?

Jack

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 24, 2019, 09:19:48 PM
The passenger usage weren't that great on the 112 Brum-Lichfield however NatEx still tried to make the corridor work with the extension of the X3. So if NatEx are willing to try & resurrect dead corridors why the hell shouldn't they try it?
I doubt people would use these X4/X5's extensions to Tamworth, particularly when the 110 takes half the time from Sutton. I'm sure people would rather a route running down the main road instead of slowly going along the residential streets of Falcon Lodge...

Dead corridors? The X3 extension wasn't a dead corridor, the X12 was well used along that section.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Jack on September 25, 2019, 06:12:10 PM
I doubt people would use these X4/X5's extensions to Tamworth, particularly when the 110 takes half the time from Sutton. I'm sure people would rather a route running down the main road instead of slowly going along the residential streets of Falcon Lodge...

Dead corridors? The X3 extension wasn't a dead corridor, the X12 was well used along that section.
NatEx are probably the most suitable operator for the X3 as arriva use to put shit darts on there.

Jack

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 25, 2019, 08:10:59 PM
NatEx are probably the most suitable operator for the X3 as arriva use to put shit darts on there.
I was talking about the X12, not 112...
From what can remember - the 112 was operated by Omnilinks and Citaro's towards the end. And I'm sure the 112 did a slightly different route into Lichfield than the X3?

Lukeee

Quote from: Jack on September 25, 2019, 08:32:57 PM
From what can remember - the 112 was operated by Omnilinks and Citaro's towards the end. And I'm sure the 112 did a slightly different route into Lichfield than the X3?

The 112 was transferred to Wednesfield in its final months and the frequency cut to every 2 hours. Wednesfield used darts on the route

Tony

Quote from: Jack on September 25, 2019, 08:32:57 PM
And I'm sure the 112 did a slightly different route into Lichfield than the X3?

Only to avoid the low bridge

Pat

I've always thought about a Dudley - Merry Hill express service running direct along Duncan Edwards Way.  Frequency could be every 10 - 15 mins.

Busboy105

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on October 15, 2019, 01:25:26 PM
I've always thought about a Dudley - Merry Hill express service running direct along Duncan Edwards Way.  Frequency could be every 10 - 15 mins.
Don't we have enough Dudley to Merry Hill services already? I mean this route is basically an express version of the 2/2A.

Jack6101

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 16, 2019, 06:31:09 AM
Don't we have enough Dudley to Merry Hill services already? I mean this route is basically an express version of the 2/2A.
There's already the 8 which uses some of the bypass between cinderbank island and holly hall road ( towards merry hill ) then between holly hall road and Scott green island , which only takes around 20 mins Dudley to merry hill , also with a 20 mins frequency
Plus the 2 or 2A don't go by the bypass at all
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 16, 2019, 06:31:09 AM
The 2/2A takes a completely different 'round the houses route' through Russells Hall and Pensnett so no it isn't an express version.
Quote from: Jack6101 on October 16, 2019, 07:57:45 AM
There's already the 8 which uses some of the bypass between cinderbank island and holly hall road ( towards merry hill ) then between holly hall road and Scott green island , which only takes around 20 mins Dudley to merry hill , also with a 20 mins frequency
Plus the 2 or 2A don't go by the bypass at all
Yes there is the 8, but that section round Holly Hall seems to slow it down a bit.  A direct service that bypasses Holly Hall would be more attractive to customers I think.

l.murphy123

(X51/2E) Evening and Sunday X51 or Arriva 2E journeys to Cannock
(4M) An express version of the Walsall - Merry Hill service
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Busboy105

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 19, 2019, 06:08:51 PM
(X51/2E) Evening and Sunday X51 or Arriva 2E journeys to Cannock
(4M) An express version of the Walsall - Merry Hill service
I like the 4M express idea. The route is pretty long so by making limited stop is a good idea.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 19, 2019, 07:40:42 PM
I like the 4M express idea. The route is pretty long so by making limited stop is a good idea.

Its about an hour and a half start to finish! It currently passes about 5 cemeteries and 2 hospitals for those that dont make it to Merry Hill lol
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 19, 2019, 07:40:42 PM
Would still get stuck in the exact same traffic as the 4M currently does...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk