News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

I'd love for someone to re-introduce the old Diamond Bus 300/310 (Can't remember which one it was now) that ran from Walsall to Merry Hill, or at least extend the 11 and 13 back to Stourbridge. It'd make it a lot easier for me to do my shopping, I guess. Bit of a selfish reason.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Justin Tyme on December 28, 2016, 05:09:50 PM
To be honest, Weoley Castle to Kings Norton via Bartley Green would be unattractively long - it would be much quicker to catch the 29 and meet the 18 in Northfield.

Really it would depend on how much demand there is to link Weoley Castle with the Cotteridge area.  No doubt there is some demand, but probably not enough for NXWM (or anyone else) to make any money from it.  If it was extended, it would surely take some traffic away from the X64, which could threaten the future of the Bartley - Weoley part of that service.

Yeah possibly but on the other hand, only having to catch one bus instead of 2 is more attractive to some customers.

Well to be honest I thought about that too, I think it would have a negative impact on the X64 maybe, that's probably one reason I wouldn't go through with it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Quote from: DJ98 on December 28, 2016, 06:22:45 PM
I'd love for someone to re-introduce the old Diamond Bus 300/310 (Can't remember which one it was now) that ran from Walsall to Merry Hill, or at least extend the 11 and 13 back to Stourbridge. It'd make it a lot easier for me to do my shopping, I guess. Bit of a selfish reason.

No thanks, I have to wait long enough at Wednesbury Parkway at night as it is!

:D

99/98 seems to be quite busy in peaks during university term, often having to skip passengers waiting at bus stops.

Would it better if the X64 takes a right turn from Bristol Road just before the fire station into Edgbaston Park Road then a left turn into Pritchatts Road and following the usual route into the hospital before returning to the original route?

BigDaddyCool

I suggested the following on another thread:

18 - Yardley wood - Barltey Green via Northfield (as it is)
18A - Yardley wood - Weoley Castle via Northfield (from Northfield follow the current 48 route)
48 - West Bromwich - Weoley Castle (curtailed at Weoley Castle)

MasterPlan

Quote from: :D on January 05, 2017, 08:47:30 PM
99/98 seems to be quite busy in peaks during university term, often having to skip passengers waiting at bus stops.

Would it better if the X64 takes a right turn from Bristol Road just before the fire station into Edgbaston Park Road then a left turn into Pritchatts Road and following the usual route into the hospital before returning to the original route?

If you're going to do this you may as well just bring the 21 back lol

sonic84

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on January 05, 2017, 11:07:19 PM
I suggested the following on another thread:

18 - Yardley wood - Barltey Green via Northfield (as it is)
18A - Yardley wood - Weoley Castle via Northfield (from Northfield follow the current 48 route)
48 - West Bromwich - Weoley Castle (curtailed at Weoley Castle)

Rather than cut back the 48 what about every other 18 from Yardley Wood turns right onto Cromwell Road towards Weoley Castle instead of left to Bartley Green.

BigDaddyCool

Quote from: sonic84 on January 06, 2017, 07:53:19 PM
Rather than cut back the 48 what about every other 18 from Yardley Wood turns right onto Cromwell Road towards Weoley Castle instead of left to Bartley Green.

Not a bad suggestion. Potentially have this turn down Long Nuke Road, over the lights and then on to Somerford Road and terminate on the square. Would provide a link for Shenley Academy for those that live around Ley Hill...

MasterPlan

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on January 06, 2017, 11:41:57 PM
Not a bad suggestion. Potentially have this turn down Long Nuke Road, over the lights and then on to Somerford Road and terminate on the square. Would provide a link for Shenley Academy for those that live around Ley Hill...

Not a bad idea. Somerford Road has no service since the 29 was moved.

the trainbasher

I'd make changes to the NXWM Walsall - Blackheath corridor/121 as such

The current Blackheath shorts on the 4 would change so a extra bus a hour continues to Halesowen, with extra Blackheath shorts creating a combined 5 minute frequency between Oldbury and Blackheath, renumbered to 4E for Blackheath terminators.

The 4M would be renumbered to 4, staying at every 20 minutes, in order to continue the 10 minute fitted frequency with the X10. (They could market it as "getting the M out"...)

The current NXWM 4H would run every twenty minutes, with an extension via the 244 route to Hayley Green, and renumbered 4A

The 121 would be extended via the 4 route every half hour resulting in a '50 style service' between Walsall and Oldbury of every few minutes, and renumbered 4D.

(It's a pity that the 5 in West Bromwich wasn't numbered 3 instead because then NXWM could have had Merry Hill as the 4 and Halesowen as the 5...)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 07, 2017, 01:08:52 PM

The current Blackheath shorts on the 4 would change so a extra bus a hour continues to Halesowen, with extra Blackheath shorts creating a combined 5 minute frequency between Oldbury and Blackheath, renumbered to 4E for Blackheath terminators.

The 4M would be renumbered to 4, staying at every 20 minutes, in order to continue the 10 minute fitted frequency with the X10. (They could market it as "getting the M out"...)

The current NXWM 4H would run every twenty minutes, with an extension via the 244 route to Hayley Green, and renumbered 4A

The 121 would be extended via the 4 route every half hour resulting in a '50 style service' between Walsall and Oldbury of every few minutes, and renumbered 4D.

(It's a pity that the 5 in West Bromwich wasn't numbered 3 instead because then NXWM could have had Merry Hill as the 4 and Halesowen as the 5...)

I'd actually go a different way with all those routes

4 - Walsall to Halesowen (or indeed beyond to Hasbury etc)
4E - Blackheath shorts
X4 - Platinum version express Walsall to Blackheath and on to Merry Hill (granted the numbers now taken but you get my drift)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on January 07, 2017, 08:11:05 PM
Why change something that's not broken...

This threads about opinions. Everyone has different ones!!

karl724223

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 07, 2017, 01:08:52 PM

4K to kiddiminster???

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk