News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

60 Turning Point

Started by Liberator9, October 12, 2014, 09:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Having never been on this route, where does it turn around in Cranes Park? Looking at the NX route map, it just seems to end on a road, with no turning area for the bus? I'm probably missing something obvious!

Thanks in advance

sonic84

I believe it turns in to Whitecroft Road, reverses and then turns back onto Cranes Park Road.

I have seen a video of this on youtube before which I am looking for, but can't seem to find it. :(

Kevin

The junction there is wide enough for a bus to do a full loop without having to reverse. There's a few terminii like it, the 16 in Hamstead is another
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

Thanks - that is quite a tight loop for a double decker to do! Must be a nightmare when cars are parked by the pavement.

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 12, 2014, 09:44:58 AM
Thanks - that is quite a tight loop for a double decker to do! Must be a nightmare when cars are parked by the pavement.

I've never had a problem, the locals know it is a terminus and there is a bus doing it every 10 min so doesn't give much time for someone to block it. It has been like that since the 60 was put into Cranes Park Many years ago. The 60 is probably one of the least altered bus routes since it started.

Liberator9

Thanks Tony - shall have to go and ride the route some time.

Ben

Quote from: Kevin on October 12, 2014, 09:34:56 AM
The junction there is wide enough for a bus to do a full loop without having to reverse. There's a few terminii like it, the 16 in Hamstead is another
Service 1 in Coventry is another example. (At the Grayswood Avenue end)

And service 1 at Tettenhall Wood, albeit round a mini island.

JPC

Quote from: Ben on October 19, 2014, 02:55:15 AM
Quote from: Kevin on October 12, 2014, 09:34:56 AM
The junction there is wide enough for a bus to do a full loop without having to reverse. There's a few termini like it, the 16 in Hamstead is another
Service 1 in Coventry is another example. (At the Grayswood Avenue end)
Another in Coventry and just a stone throw from Grayswood Ave is the junction of Forfield Road/Kingsbury Road, buses used to turnaround there but not at present, but the inbound service 7 still has an awkward manoeuvre if it needs to pull into the bus stop properly.

Liverpool Street

Lovely terminus the 60. Best route going. Simple, fast, surprisingly not boring.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Haven't been on it yet LS, shall have to - obviously beats some of the other BC work!  ;)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 11, 2014, 06:31:48 PM
Haven't been on it yet LS, shall have to - obviously beats some of the other BC work!  ;)

Just a shame about Small Heath but it isn't THAT bad. Just avoid the Blues playing home and religious days haha
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Just out of curiosity are their any original BCs routes still operating i.e they have operated the service since the depot was first opened etc.

Liberator9

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 11, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

Just a shame about Small Heath but it isn't THAT bad. Just avoid the Blues playing home and religious days haha

;) Yeah - traffic can be a right pain when Blues are playing. I've been on the 58 through Small Heath - nice and quiet at 8am in the morning. Beats the Pershore Road and Bristol Road.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 11, 2014, 09:08:32 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 11, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

;) Yeah - traffic can be a right pain when Blues are playing. I've been on the 58 through Small Heath - nice and quiet at 8am in the morning. Beats the Pershore Road and Bristol Road.

By far mate! By far!
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk