News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

60 Turning Point

Started by Liberator9, October 12, 2014, 09:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

;)  Did you use to drive the 60 regularly LS? Or were you stuck on the Bristol Rd?

Liverpool Street

I did virtually anything at BC mate. Didn't ever turn down some CP work. The 900 was nice but all in all there seems to be too many traffic lights slowing buses down now for the job to be enjoyable.

I regret to inform you that with the years I did on the BR I thoroughly resent the road. Especially the Pershore. Horrible roads.

The Cranes Park everyone is scared of but its not too bad all round from what I recall.

From what Admin Tony raves on about regarding the 90/70/590 or whatever its called now, I wish I learned it before I retired.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 11, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
Just out of curiosity are their any original BCs routes still operating i.e they have operated the service since the depot was first opened etc.

I think this was covered quite some time ago (no idea where) and the answer was no. The current BC routes have their origins in (broadly speaking):

900/957 ex Midland Red 159/176
60 and 58 (although not the 58 as it is now) Coventry Rd
97 Coventry Rd then Lea Hall
14 Lea Hall
70 ex Midland Red then Coventry Rd then Washwood Heath (161/171 then 59,90,590 etc)
61/63 Selly Oak
45/47 Cotteridge
22/23/29 Harborne then Quinton (YW and HY also had a dabble with the 29)
24 Quinton (HY also operated the 103 as was for a while)

98, 99 and X64 are relatively new routes.

I'm sure there are bits and pieces to be added to that but that's a rough overview.

monkeyjoe

So basically non of them then, cheers. That's what i thought.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 12, 2014, 08:38:34 AM

Traditional Liverpool Street routes were the 8 & 17 (both joint with Hockley) The above list isn't quite correct as the 97 is partly a traditional Liverpool Street route. The Bordesley Green routes were the 53, 54 & Midland Red 169 & 193 which all combined to make the 97.

The 53 which went out via Garrison Lane was operated by Liverpool Street and the 54 which went out via Coventry Road & Cattell Road was operated by Coventry Road

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2014, 08:51:10 AM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 12, 2014, 08:38:34 AM

Traditional Liverpool Street routes were the 8 & 17 (both joint with Hockley) The above list isn't quite correct as the 97 is partly a traditional Liverpool Street route. The Bordesley Green routes were the 53, 54 & Midland Red 169 & 193 which all combined to make the 97.

The 53 which went out via Garrison Lane was operated by Liverpool Street and the 54 which went out via Coventry Road & Cattell Road was operated by Coventry Road

I thought there was probably a bit more to it so thanks. The 53 and 54 were just a bit before my time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk