News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on September 03, 2016, 07:55:49 PM
From what I can gather the Platinums at my garage have a tv screen in the cab that can be switched from upper saloon view to showing the outside of the bus. That is all well and good, but why oh why dont bus manufacturers ever ask drivers what they would like to see on their buses. For example a tv screen focused on the upstairs back seat rather than the side of the vehicle.

@Bham Central Driver Exactly - they probably haven't done that option as it involves too much commonsense  ;)

CL

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/welcome-to-platinum?utm_source=homebanner&utm_campaign=welcome-to-platinum&utm_medium=image

I know it's been mentioned on the forum that the new WN Platinums has USB power points for passengers; I'd hate to be 'that guy' but is there even a slight possibility that we could see them implemented into the older Platinums?

I'd assume that it's highly unlikely; I wouldn't want to instigate an argument about which route is the best - but surely the 900 would recieve high admirailty to its international passengers to and from Birmingham Airport  (first impressions) - as well as persuade the locals to ditch their cars for the bus once in a while.

I could understand cost, and I realise this entire post must make me sound ungrateful and biased, but I suppose you could call it wishful thinking. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dom

Quote from: clayderman on September 04, 2016, 02:09:26 PM
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/welcome-to-platinum?utm_source=homebanner&utm_campaign=welcome-to-platinum&utm_medium=image

I know it's been mentioned on the forum that the new WN Platinums has USB power points for passengers; I'd hate to be 'that guy' but is there even a slight possibility that we could see them implemented into the older Platinums?

I'd assume that it's highly unlikely; I wouldn't want to instigate an argument about which route is the best - but surely the 900 would recieve high admirailty to its international passengers to and from Birmingham Airport  (first impressions) - as well as persuade the locals to ditch their cars for the bus once in a while.

I could understand cost, and I realise this entire post must make me sound ungrateful and biased, but I suppose you could call it wishful thinking. :)

The 900 will get them later in the year anyway, as it has been said that no garage will have both types of Platinum, so when BC gets their new buses for the BR Express they will get more for ther 900 and 957 and the current 6701-6718 will get moved away.

Quote from: Dom on September 04, 2016, 02:12:05 PM
The 900 will get them later in the year anyway, as it has been said that no garage will have both types of Platinum, so when BC gets their new buses for the BR Express they will get more for ther 900 and 957 and the current 6701-6718 will get moved away.
Plus the 960 if/when it happens.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on September 04, 2016, 02:58:51 PM
Plus the 960 if/when it happens.

yeah, that is the BR Express I mentioned!

Quote from: Dom on September 04, 2016, 03:04:09 PM
yeah, that is the BR Express I mentioned!
No its not. The 960 is the proposeed express replacement for the 60.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on September 04, 2016, 03:06:39 PM
No its not. The 960 is the proposeed express replacement for the 60.

Oh is it? My apologies then.

T840MAK

Quote from: NX West Midlands
This feature is in addition to what is already in place on over 100 existing Platinum vehicles on our route

(from link posted by @clayderman )

Wasn't aware there was already in excess of 100 Platinums...
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

B.C Driver

Quote from: Dom on September 04, 2016, 02:12:05 PM

From everything I've heard at BC garage (and I know it's just drivers and engineers talk), the BR express has been shelved.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

V89MOA

That is a shame, the recent X62/X64 never really had a fair chance, in my opinion, with the Town Hall terminus.

BigDaddyCool

Off subject slightly, but with the pending implementation of these on the Bristol Road does any one have any inclination as to what is happening to the current routes or if these these (including the X64) will remain the same?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on September 03, 2016, 07:55:49 PM
From what I can gather the Platinums at my garage have a tv screen in the cab that can be switched from upper saloon view to showing the outside of the bus. That is all well and good, but why oh why dont bus manufacturers ever ask drivers what they would like to see on their buses. For example a tv screen focused on the upstairs back seat rather than the side of the vehicle.

I think this idea of a screen inside the cab is a good idea. It could potentially have multiple functionalities such as an inbuilt satnav, camera views, bus status and so on although if something happened to the system it could debilitate the overall bus. 
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

I agree with a earlier post there should be a camera on the one place a driver can't see  the back of the bus

Dom

I saw a discussion on Facebook earlier regarding platinum drivers and how they aren't allowed to wear their hi viz when driving because it lowers the high quality of 'Platinum' so what are drivers who aren't on a platinum route rota and get overtime on a platinum route meant to do as they wouldn't have the tie or the jacket.

JoNi

The notion all Platinum drivers wear jackets/suits call them what you will fails to reflect reality. Indeed the 900 I'm on now is being well driven by someone wearing a fleece and which is a regular sight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk