News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Has it been said that if this Platinum livery was in blue, it'll be a proper evolution of the Metrobus livery. (Or TWM none-low-floor)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

domino.99

When was the livery released for Platinum?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: NXDom on November 14, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

...Tony showed it off yesterday using an old E400. It'll be in full swing next year. It is all explained in the previous 7 pages of this thread.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

domino.99

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 14, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

...Tony showed it off yesterday using an old E400. It'll be in full swing next year. It is all explained in the previous 7 pages of this thread.

Ok cheers mate. I take it it was to put to rest the debates about the livery on the forum haha.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: NXDom on November 14, 2014, 07:02:47 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 14, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

Ok cheers mate. I take it it was to put to rest the debates about the livery on the forum haha.

Yeah it's really impressive.

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4723.html
until it cought fire

arrifirststage

Certainly doesn't impress me.......dark,gloomy and depressing,marginally better than Diamond Bus old funeral hearse livery.........but no other obvious advantages.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: arrifirststage on November 14, 2014, 08:02:33 PM
Certainly doesn't impress me.......dark,gloomy and depressing,marginally better than Diamond Bus old funeral hearse livery.........but no other obvious advantages.

Funeral hearse? ...Black Diamond?
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Also read in yesterdays evening mail as part of the this Platinum/Birmingham connected scheme, they are planning a bus route to do the A4540 inner ring road, I bet their will be long queues at Brum central garage to drive that route, lol.

JoNi

I was given the impression drivers would be smartly dressed with new uniforms and Platinum ties (colour not substance).

Anyone with urges to design a new livery can use the hyperlink below from Lothian Buses children's section. I appreciate NX are not buying Wright buses.

http://lothianbuses.com/our-community/schools/design-a-bus

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 14, 2014, 08:08:00 PM

*formerly* Black Diamond. ;) - to the commenter above, arrifirststage, they've all been named Diamond now, with most, if not all of Long Acre garage carrying a blue livery. I think Tividale garage still has some buses to go for repaint...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Eric Shaw

As the 58 Platinum buses are not part of the agreement for 600 from Alexander Dennis, will they be supplied by Alexander Dennis as well?

winston

Quote from: Eric Shaw on November 14, 2014, 08:49:32 PM
As the 58 Platinum buses are not part of the agreement for 600 from Alexander Dennis, will they be supplied by Alexander Dennis as well?

Yes, as ADL are exclusive suppliers to NX Uk Bus for the next 5 years

arrifirststage

Yes,that's the one.....was arguably the worst livery ever..............although this platinum runs it close.
Why can we not have something bright and cheerful,this platinum has about as much chance of attracting passengers as Wolves have of winning the Champions League.

Mike K

Quote from: arrifirststage on November 14, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

Yes,that's the one.....was arguably the worst livery ever..............although this platinum runs it close.
Why can we not have something bright and cheerful,this platinum has about as much chance of attracting passengers as Wolves have of winning the Champions League.

Dark coloured liveries can be effective too. Black hasn't done the Transdev 36 Leeds to Harrogate service any harm.

winston

Quote from: arrifirststage on November 14, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

How many brightly coloured limo's and executive cars do you see on the roads? you don't, because more luxurious vehicles are normally dark colours, it's more sophisticated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk