News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I must admit that looks great. Substitute the light grey with white, and the dark grey with red/sky blue, and there you have a great new livery for the 'standard' buses.  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Cheese

Quote from: Stu on November 13, 2014, 07:31:38 AM
I must admit that looks great. Substitute the light grey with white, and the dark grey with red/sky blue, and there you have a great new livery for the 'standard' buses.  :D

Does look smart, of interest is the branding. Is it just a mock-up or will the 957 become the X1?

Russ Smith

Must say that I'm really not a fan of that at all, looks incredibly boring

CL

I think it looks incredible, been to see it in person this morning... Not bad at all, although the grey is darker than i anticipated... And will the X1 be an actual service? Or was it just for a branding example? (Which is more likely)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

If the 957 becomes the X1, will the 900 be the X2? Maybe the 900E would be the X1.5 haha

Seriously though would they renumber all the "Platinum" services to the X prefix?

Maybe the X64 should lose its X. Its hardly platinum.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

andrew1991

According to capital radio, 58 new buses and 10 platinum routes in birmingham and the black country.

As for the livery, change the dark grey to blue, the light grey to silver/white and it's basically a modern version of the old livery

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on November 13, 2014, 08:36:13 AM
I think it looks incredible, been to see it in person this morning... Not bad at all, although the grey is darker than i anticipated... And will the X1 be an actual service? Or was it just for a branding example? (Which is more likely)

I agree, the lighter of the two greys does look far darker in the flesh. It's certainly a livery that will need to be kept looking clean and tidy. Very smart though.

winston

Quote from: Andrew on November 13, 2014, 10:18:19 AM
According to capital radio, 58 new buses and 10 platinum routes in birmingham and the black country.

As for the livery, change the dark grey to blue, the light grey to silver/white and it's basically a modern version of the old livery

Just heard the same of Free Radio, surely 58 new buses isn't going to be enough to upgrade 10 routes to Platinum??

Oozells

When compared to Arriva's Sapphire it's just boring; the grey is too matte.

And couldn't they have used a bus with the grey interior? It just looks odd.

What bits will the normal livery keep? The dark grey the same, the light grey as cargo white, and the red as either red or blue? Or will the whole of the dark grey become red/blue?

winston

Quote from: Oozells on November 13, 2014, 11:24:16 AM
When compared to Arriva's Sapphire it's just boring; the grey is too matte.

And couldn't they have used a bus with the grey interior? It just looks odd.

What bits will the normal livery keep? The dark grey the same, the light grey as cargo white, and the red as either red or blue? Or will the whole of the dark grey become red/blue?

The bus on display is to demonstrate how the new 'Platinum' paint scheme will look only.

The current interior is irrelevant.

Russ Smith

Just showed the photo to one of my mates (none of whom care about buses), one of them says "a bus shouldn't be the same colour as tarmac", I totally agree. Not really gonna stand out in the city centre I must say.

Niall

I didn't manage to see it in the flesh (woke up late and then got held up in traffic on the Hagley Rd and by the time I got there it was gone :()

I'm not sure I like it... I will probably look better on the new style E400 body but the first time I saw it it just made me think of Lothian's livery with the curve behind the front wheel - and so many operators have used the downward curve below the front upper deck window (Stagecoach Gold springs to mind). I expected it to have more in common with the current livery. The red bands below the windows give it a nice link back to TWM red stripe livery though, whether that was intentional or not - paint the top part blue on the standard buses please!

I can see the interior being the same as the demo bus at the 100yrs event (below), but slightly darker greys - would fit nicely with the colours on the exterior

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101550299@N05/14915415236/in/set-72157646086515768
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Jay

My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

RW

Quote from: Cheese on November 13, 2014, 07:19:36 AM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 13, 2014, 06:32:30 AM
That is really smart, they could do that on some ALX400s!

...but they probably won't. And why should they?

"And why should they?" What a sense of humour. Because the Platinum livery shown has the look of having been designed to compete with other companies ever improving liveries as opposed to the current standard livery which certainly was not 'designed'  by anyone with a forward thinking 21st century mindset. Never was there a more boring livery. Now for the standard livery NX.

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk