News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cradley Heath/Blackheath/Rowley 2015 Change ideas

Started by the trainbasher, August 02, 2014, 11:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Heres some ideas ive had if NXWM do another set of changes for next year in the Cradley/Rowley area.

Having been on the 289 service earlier, I don't see the point of the Rowley Regis hospital to Old Hill bit. Surely it'd be better just to terminate it at the hospital similar to how the Sunday service is, and lose 2-3 minutes layover at West Bromwich off the 53/289 interworking? It picks nobody up between RRH and Old Hill so what is the point?

If the 3 stops on Dalton Road really need serving badly, if needs be, just divert the tendered 282 from its route by the google maps link (http://goo.gl/maps/qOors ) and just cut it at Quarry Bank. Leave the 208 to cover Brickhouse Farm and bish bash bosh jobs a good un.

Plus you also save a bus off the PVR as you get a 2 min turnaround at RRH (or even more radical, turn the 289 at Blackheath and loop it round as so - http://goo.gl/maps/YU3ET ) giving a possible 10 min turnaround without loss of layover at West Bromwich

Also, what about diverting the NXWM 4H via the current 244 route and then interworking the 244 and 241 at Halesowen on Sundays?

What do you think?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 02, 2014, 11:53:38 PM
Heres some ideas ive had if NXWM do another set of changes for next year in the Cradley/Rowley area.

Having been on the 289 service earlier, I don't see the point of the Rowley Regis hospital to Old Hill bit. Surely it'd be better just to terminate it at the hospital similar to how the Sunday service is, and lose 2-3 minutes layover at West Bromwich off the 53/289 interworking? It picks nobody up between RRH and Old Hill so what is the point?

If the 3 stops on Dalton Road really need serving badly, if needs be, just divert the tendered 282 from its route by the google maps link (http://goo.gl/maps/qOors ) and just cut it at Quarry Bank. Leave the 208 to cover Brickhouse Farm and bish bash bosh jobs a good un.

Plus you also save a bus off the PVR as you get a 2 min turnaround at RRH (or even more radical, turn the 289 at Blackheath and loop it round as so - http://goo.gl/maps/YU3ET ) giving a possible 10 min turnaround without loss of layover at West Bromwich

Also, what about diverting the NXWM 4H via the current 244 route and then interworking the 244 and 241 at Halesowen on Sundays?

What do you think?

Something needs to be done about the 289, Old Hill is a ridiculous terminus for the route. I agree with your comments.

4H and 244 sharing the same route doesn't work for me. Neither does the 241/244 inter working, as the layover time on the 241 at Halesowen allows a 244E to run from Halesowen to Hayley Green and back, thus making that section of the route every 30 minutes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 03, 2014, 12:01:35 AM

What do you think?

Something needs to be done about the 289, Old Hill is a ridiculous terminus for the route. I agree with your comments.

4H and 244 sharing the same route doesn't work for me. Neither does the 241/244 inter working, as the layover time on the 241 at Halesowen allows a 244E to run from Halesowen to Hayley Green and back, thus making that section of the route every 30 minutes

I'm suggesting having the 4H replace the Hayley Green bit of the 244 all week, including a new Sunday service to Walsall on the 4H every 30 mins (extensions of the sunday 4 Blackheath terminators - maybe even spur Diamond to compete agianst NXWM) thus interworking the 241/244 on Sundays and having the 244 have a 5 min layover on weekdays (with evenings having a 20 minute layover at Halesowen - or even revise the 244 to leave at xx30 off Halesowen and have the 244 run on its own overnight?)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 03, 2014, 12:46:52 AM

What do you think?

I'm suggesting having the 4H replace the Hayley Green bit of the 244 all week, including a new Sunday service to Walsall on the 4H every 30 mins (extensions of the sunday 4 Blackheath terminators - maybe even spur Diamond to compete agianst NXWM) thus interworking the 241/244 on Sundays and having the 244 have a 5 min layover on weekdays (with evenings having a 20 minute layover at Halesowen - or even revise the 244 to leave at xx30 off Halesowen and have the 244 run on its own overnight?)

Oh, my mistake. For some reason, I thought you meant the 4H would follow the 244 to Halesowen and terminate there. I should be in bed, but yeah, good idea.

the trainbasher

Thinking about it, the 289 could easily go completely by transferring the Oldbury to Blackheath section to the 128 or even have Diamond extend the tendered 122 to Blackheath. Then all that needs doing is completely putting the 289 out of its misery by withdrawing it...

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 04, 2014, 07:47:33 PM
Thinking about it, the 289 could easily go completely by transferring the Oldbury to Blackheath section to the 128 or even have Diamond extend the tendered 122 to Blackheath. Then all that needs doing is completely putting the 289 out of its misery by withdrawing it...

No direct service between Lion Farm/Rowley Village and West Bromwich?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 04, 2014, 09:10:31 PM

Extending the 128 to cover it would give Lion Farm a direct link to City and a frequent connection at Oldbury to West Bromwich...

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 04, 2014, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on August 04, 2014, 09:10:31 PM

Extending the 128 to cover it would give Lion Farm a direct link to City and a frequent connection at Oldbury to West Bromwich...

They already have a direct link to the City, through the 89, or 127, although I'm not sure the 127 directly serves Lion Farm, and a direct link to West Bromwich, through the 289. I just think the 289 should be curtailed, not completely wiped from existence

the trainbasher

Another thing I would suggest is renumbering the 121 to 120A and integrate them with the 120Es that terminate at Oldbury.

sonic84

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 03, 2014, 12:46:52 AM

What do you think?

If the 4H was to follow the 244 route to Hayley Green then the nxwm and diamond routes would be different between hayley green and halesowen which would be quite confusing.

I do think it would be useful if the 99 was extended to Hayley Green, as it would restore the link to Birmingham lost when the 192 was curtailed, and the 19 before that.

Mike K

Quote from: sonic84 on August 07, 2014, 06:17:32 PM
I do think it would be useful if the 99 was extended to Hayley Green, as it would restore the link to Birmingham lost when the 192 was curtailed, and the 19 before that.

Hayley Green to Birmingham via Halesowen, Quinton, Worlds End, Welsh House Farm, Harborne, QE Hospital, University, Five Ways though? Most people travelling the full length of the route would arrive at the other end with beards down to their knees...

the trainbasher

Couple more ideas

243 - withdraw the merry hill to Cradley link (possible diversion of the 241 or even diversion of the tendered 208 via Maypole Fields and Bower Lane for replacement?) with the 243 going back to its previous route in Cradley/Timbertree.

297 - extended to Dudley via Gornal to replace the 27A route. The 27A would then follow the existing 27 route as far as where it meets the 1, then follows the 1 into Dudley

276/X96 - split at Stourbridge with Norton gaining instead a half hourly Stourbridge - Wollaston Farm via Norton service. This also will replace the X96 Wollaston bit but leaving the Wollaston to Stourbridge direct link to Hansons.

276 - instead extended to Priory estate (via former 222A routing) to allow the 81 to run direct along Priory Road.

205 - completely withdraw the section serving the trading estate. 257 off peak to replace.

Sh4318

My ideas:
Either re-extend 297 to Halesowen (every day), evening/Sunday journeys to Russell's Hall, or re-route 53 from Cradley Heath to Merry Hill (via Dudley Wood), could create some interesting journey opportunities, never been thought about before.
289 - curtail to Rowley Regis Hospital or Blackheath. Transfer from PE to WB. (If 53 got rerouted, if could interwork with 297 at Merry Hill)
243 - reroute to serve Brickhouse Farm and Cradley Heath.
140 - Sunday daytime hourly 'E'' workings between Birmingham and Blackheath. I'm not entirely sure I would implement this, but it could possibly benefit.

That's it. Can't think of anything else I would change

richie

Withdraw 205 and 297 and replace the service with 225A and 225C circular services. From Merry Hill via current 297 route upto Tansey Green then right Smithy Lane onto Milking bank then via 257 route
to Gornal Wood and then via trading estate to kingswinford left on to market street 256/7 route to Brierley Hill Road and then 226 route to Merry Hill 5 buses each way for a 30 minute service maintaining current links and creating new ones on busier sections of route.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 08, 2014, 10:56:19 PM
Couple more ideas

243 - withdraw the merry hill to Cradley link (possible diversion of the 241 or even diversion of the tendered 208 via Maypole Fields and Bower Lane for replacement?) with the 243 going back to its previous route in Cradley/Timbertree.

297 - extended to Dudley via Gornal to replace the 27A route. The 27A would then follow the existing 27 route as far as where it meets the 1, then follows the 1 into Dudley

276/X96 - split at Stourbridge with Norton gaining instead a half hourly Stourbridge - Wollaston Farm via Norton service. This also will replace the X96 Wollaston bit but leaving the Wollaston to Stourbridge direct link to Hansons.

276 - instead extended to Priory estate (via former 222A routing) to allow the 81 to run direct along Priory Road.

205 - completely withdraw the section serving the trading estate. 257 off peak to replace.

I was thinking about the X96/276 the other day, as the X96 mainly uses B7Rles, why not divert it to Wollaston Junction via Norton whilst the 276 could do the Wollaston Farm bit and the Tridents could be reintroduced on it! Probably might be to confusing to people unless you totally renumbered the services.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk