News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Quarry Bank high street 2 week closure from July 28th

Started by andrew1991, July 12, 2014, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: s94 on July 16, 2014, 01:40:07 AM
Thanks trainbasher. So it seems to expect the 4M, 53, 141, 241 go via Dudley Wood and Coppice Lane. Wonder if the 002 will do the same. Would expect the 208 and 004 to go via park road etc. 282 will have to either do a loop around woodland avenue or just carry straight along Coppice Lane to Merry Hill.

I expect the 002 to follow the 243 route along with the 004. The 208 I assume will probably do a double run along Dudley Wood Road however that is merely a guess. The 282 I think may just avoid Quarry Bank, or do Woodland Ave then via the diversion, but I am not sure as the final trip from Gornal Wood terminates Quaary Bank anyway so with that I am not sure, but there again the road should be open for it then to terminate on the High Street on the final run.

In fact, IIRC when the last bout of closure in Quarry Bank High Street occurred, the 002 followed the 243 anyway so I assume it will be the same, although I know a DAF or a B7RLE can get down the 213/214 section round QB as Diamond allocated a DAF to the 214 once when they ran it!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

s94

Signs at either end of the high street now indicate the commencement of these works (28th July). It does say its only for 1 week though not 2 as said via the media but that may just be the resurfacing part only.

the trainbasher

There's 2 closures, the first one being 3 days of 9 - 3.30 for 3-4 days and the second one being a couple of overnight closures from the emails I've had at work.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

s94

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 20, 2014, 12:06:32 AM
There's 2 closures, the first one being 3 days of 9 - 3.30 for 3-4 days and the second one being a couple of overnight closures from the emails I've had at work.
Interesting thanks for that. The press article on the council website suggested one overnight closure only. Maybe they are trying to cram it in more to get it done quicker.

s94

NXWM now have the Diversion on their website: http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/quarry-bank-high-street-closure

4M, 53, 141 and 241 will use Forge Lane, Lower High St, St Annes Road, Quarry Road then Coppice Lane to the Boulevard.

Diversion 9.30-3.30 every day on Monday 28th, Tuesday 29th, Wednesday 30th, Thursday 31st and Monday 4th August. The Diversion should also follow the other way for the night closures if they go ahead as planned.

243 will be as normal. Just to wonder what the 002, 004 and 208 will do now.

s94

Don't suppose anyone found out/knows what Diversion the 002,004 and 208 will be given this closure begins tomorrow? Nothing on the Diamond bus website which is surprising as it affects the popular 002. The 282 is also affected for them. My guess is probably using Park Road etc, not following the NXWM diversion.

s94

002 is following the NXWM diversion according to the website.

the trainbasher

I would have thought that the 002 would have been more logical to divert via the 243, or at worst the 213 route

s94

No sign of diamond using their advertised diversion route so far! So maybe they have reverted to Park road.

karl724223

Diversion came on at 0900 today not 0930 so a 53 had to go up bower lane good job it was a single decker and the road was reopen by 1345

s94

Quote from: karl724223 on July 28, 2014, 08:54:02 PM
Diversion came on at 0900 today not 0930 so a 53 had to go up bower lane good job it was a single decker and the road was reopen by 1345
Blimey they finished early for the day! lol

And yes good job the 53 was a single deck!

Dont know why Diamond didnt stick to their advertised diversion though.

karl724223

the trainbasher

Both the 2110 208 and 2115 4M both followed the Maypole Fields diversion (the 208 did because he followed the signed diversion and the 4M did because he got lost!!)

s94

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 01, 2014, 09:27:46 PM
Both the 2110 208 and 2115 4M both followed the Maypole Fields diversion (the 208 did because he followed the signed diversion and the 4M did because he got lost!!)
Hansons and the first Arriva 208 at least seemed to be using Coppice Lane this evening. All other NXWM buses have been using the normal diversion. However the diversion has been very poorly signposted. Tonight I don't think there any signs warning Large Vehicles in particular that the High street is closed and they should divert. Large vehicles should not be using Park Road etc really should they?

Wonder if all the works will finish on time with the rain due tonight. Though 1 more closure is due on Monday daytime.

Diversions like this still make me wonder just why so many buses all use Quarry Bank High St during normal times, particularly when many are just passing to/from Merry Hill. The frequency of buses along there means often no more than a single deck is needed on these parts on many of the journeys ive seen. The difference in length/time between the normal and diversion route is very small. Would services like the 208/4M be better avoiding the High St and serve Saltwells/Dudley Wood be better?

the trainbasher

Quote from: s94 on August 01, 2014, 09:58:42 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on August 01, 2014, 09:27:46 PM
Hansons and the first Arriva 208 at least seemed to be using Coppice Lane this evening. All other NXWM buses have been using the normal diversion. However the diversion has been very poorly signposted. Tonight I don't think there any signs warning Large Vehicles in particular that the High street is closed and they should divert. Large vehicles should not be using Park Road etc really should they?

Wonder if all the works will finish on time with the rain due tonight. Though 1 more closure is due on Monday daytime.

Diversions like this still make me wonder just why so many buses all use Quarry Bank High St during normal times, particularly when many are just passing to/from Merry Hill. The frequency of buses along there means often no more than a single deck is needed on these parts on many of the journeys ive seen. The difference in length/time between the normal and diversion route is very small. Would services like the 208/4M be better avoiding the High St and serve Saltwells/Dudley Wood be better?

That means the 208 would have to do a double run along Dudley Wood Road

The 2154 4M ex Cradley went the full length of Dudley Wood Road instead of Quarry Road because "the turns are too tight"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk