News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Quarry Bank high street 2 week closure from July 28th

Started by andrew1991, July 12, 2014, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 01, 2014, 10:11:17 PM
Quote from: s94 on August 01, 2014, 09:58:42 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on August 01, 2014, 09:27:46 PM
Both the 2110 208 and 2115 4M both followed the Maypole Fields diversion (the 208 did because he followed the signed diversion and the 4M did because he got lost!!)
Hansons and the first Arriva 208 at least seemed to be using Coppice Lane this evening. All other NXWM buses have been using the normal diversion. However the diversion has been very poorly signposted. Tonight I don't think there any signs warning Large Vehicles in particular that the High street is closed and they should divert. Large vehicles should not be using Park Road etc really should they?

Wonder if all the works will finish on time with the rain due tonight. Though 1 more closure is due on Monday daytime.

Diversions like this still make me wonder just why so many buses all use Quarry Bank High St during normal times, particularly when many are just passing to/from Merry Hill. The frequency of buses along there means often no more than a single deck is needed on these parts on many of the journeys ive seen. The difference in length/time between the normal and diversion route is very small. Would services like the 208/4M be better avoiding the High St and serve Saltwells/Dudley Wood be better?

That means the 208 would have to do a double run along Dudley Wood Road

The 2154 4M ex Cradley went the full length of Dudley Wood Road instead of Quarry Road because "the turns are too tight"
True re the 208.

Has any other bus faced problems with the turns? Lol. I presume its at the traffic lights of Saltwells Road/Quarry Road?

At least via this diversion services havent had to deal with traffic lights both at the top of the High St and the ones at the Boulevard which can be time consuming in queues on the high street, instead only the Boulevard lights have had to be dealt with and only the lights which dont take too long on Saltwells/Quarry road. Wonder if it saves much time?

the trainbasher

Going via Dudley wood road takes just as long as Quarry Bank, same with Quarry lane.

It certainly was interesting being on a scania going round the tight corners of the 243/Maypole Fields diversion. Personally I would have followed the 213/243 routes out of Cradley because the turn at Maypole Fields.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

s94

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 01, 2014, 10:33:49 PM
Going via Dudley wood road takes just as long as Quarry Bank, same with Quarry lane.

It certainly was interesting being on a scania going round the tight corners of the 243/Maypole Fields diversion. Personally I would have followed the 213/243 routes out of Cradley because the turn at Maypole Fields.
Indeed, was going to say the turns around there must be much more difficult than those experienced on the proper diversion! Lol.

s94

Don't know what happened but todays closure never seemed to go ahead despite line painting and anti skid surfacing left to be put down. Has another date been chosen to close the road off or not?

s94

Anyone aware of any further closures for this? As I say still anti skid surfacing and line painting to be done here. Would be difficult to do in the day with parked cars so I presume another night closure is needed?

andrew1991

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk