News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Minimum requirements for NXWM drivers

Started by dw1308, June 28, 2014, 01:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dw1308

Hi all, im just looking for a bit of advice as the NXWM website seems to be very very unclear on this. Im looking at becoming a driver with NXWM and all i can find on requirements is a full valid UK car license with no more than 6 points, now not soo long ago it was mandatory that the car license needed to be held for a minimum of 3 and a half years, is this still the case or has it changed??

many thanks

CL

Out of interest, were you looking at the careers site? If not, here it is: http://yournxjob.co.uk/drivers/

Job description for PCV Drivers: [pdf. file]

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

YWDriver

I had only had mine for just over 2 years when I applied and it was never mentioned at any of the assessments or interviews.

dw1308

Quote from: clayderman on June 28, 2014, 09:51:46 AM
Out of interest, were you looking at the careers site? If not, here it is: http://yournxjob.co.uk/drivers/

Job description for PCV Drivers: [pdf. file]

Yeah I have looked at the careers site and thats why I was asking but thanks for the advice @clayderman

Quote from: YWDriver on June 28, 2014, 10:03:14 AM
I had only had mine for just over 2 years when I applied and it was never mentioned at any of the assessments or interviews.

Thanks for the advice @YWDriver

Liverpool Street

There's drivers at NXWM at the age of 18, there is no minimum I shouldn't of thought.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

andrew1991

I had my licence 4 months before I applied in september, nothing was said to me. just waiting for a start date for the training now.

BU07 LGO

I applied Monday, hopefully I get through :)

nitromatt1

BU07 LGO

Haha thanks biggest worry is the eye test, apparently it's harder than the car one

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 28, 2014, 06:51:32 PM
Haha thanks biggest worry is the eye test, apparently it's harder than the car one

I wear glasses and I was OK, so if your eyesight is OK, then there should be no problem

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on June 28, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

I wear glasses and I was OK, so if your eyesight is OK, then there should be no problem

Hopefully I wear glasses for driving too

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 28, 2014, 07:35:39 PM
Quote from: John on June 28, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

Hopefully I wear glasses for driving too

There is no problem with wearing glasses, as long as they actually correct your vision to the required standard

BU07 LGO

Do you know the requirements? As for a car it is to read a number plate from 25 metres

andrew1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 28, 2014, 07:52:26 PM
Do you know the requirements? As for a car it is to read a number plate from 25 metres

Number plate test at walsall before the driving assesment and a snellen chart test at the medical in bordesley green

BU07 LGO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk