News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Minimum requirements for NXWM drivers

Started by dw1308, June 28, 2014, 01:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Don't you start.

BU07 LGO

Haha I do. I've drove 90,000 miles in 3 years without incident ;)

BU07 LGO

Got my medical next week, anybody know what is involved?

Thanks

andrew1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 25, 2014, 02:53:43 PM
Got my medical next week, anybody know what is involved?

Thanks

Eye sight check, weight, height, heart rate and urine sample & a couple of forms to fill in for dvla

Liverpool Street

Cough and drop test. (Hernias)

*ahem* make sure you.. Trim up 'down there'... *ahem*

(Funny story from a mate on the buses years ago.. Hahaha, long story short the nurse said 'Mr. Andrews, where are they hiding?' Hahahaha)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

karl724223

When I went for my medical (45) last November at west brom the old woman nurse said can you read the chart on the wall go down as far as you can
I replied what wall where is it
Got a very dirty luck no Black Country humour at all

Liverpool Street

Quote from: karl724223 on November 25, 2014, 07:56:08 PM
When I went for my medical (45) last November at west brom the old woman nurse said can you read the chart on the wall go down as far as you can

Hahahahaa!!!! Gotta enjoy bus drivers humour!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

I think you should have 12 months of driving experience before applying for PCV, an old chap that is a coach driver told me that you you need to have 12 months minimum driving experience before applying.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 26, 2014, 10:30:53 AM
I think you should have 12 months of driving experience before applying for PCV, an old chap that is a coach driver told me that you you need to have 12 months minimum driving experience before applying.

For coach driving, maybe. But NX requirements is only 18 years old and no more then 6 points.
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 26, 2014, 11:10:14 AM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 26, 2014, 10:30:53 AM

For coach driving, maybe. But NX requirements is only 18 years old and no more then 6 points.
So I can apply straight away when I get my drivers license? That's a little weird, I swear I heard the Coach driver say 12 months minimum to apply.

andrew1991

I applied 2 weeks after passing my test, i've been in service for 2 months now

Dutsey

Quote from: Andrew on November 26, 2014, 03:00:41 PM
I applied 2 weeks after passing my test, i've been in service for 2 months now

What type of buses you driving?

Quote from: karl724223 on November 25, 2014, 07:56:08 PM
I take it this may be a large (ish) woman wearing glasses? prob in her 50's? Some fell on the stony ground of humour!!!
Don't tell her about the bunion on your right foot dudes....this could result in a serious frown followed by numerous questions  :D :o :o
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

BU07 LGO

I'm 23 been driving 5 years abyway. Only thing I'm worried avout is my weight I'm 6ft but only weigh 9st10 :(

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 26, 2014, 09:48:22 PM
I'm 23 been driving 5 years abyway. Only thing I'm worried avout is my weight I'm 6ft but only weigh 9st10 :(
Not to worry mate the weight thing will all go tits up once you hit 35, get married, or carry on bus driving....saturated fats heaven!
P.S I'm only 5' 9'' and would love to only weigh 9st 10 in fact I'd love to be a mere 10st 10  :D Bacon sandwiches and breakfasts! too cheap and too convenient, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk