News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

The TC isn't looking for 100% compliance & isn't harsh even in really poor reliability if he can see that an operator is actively seeking ways to improve reliability I. e timetable reviews, regular monitoring etc.
What the TC doesn't like is when an operator knows there is a problem & does nothing to resolve it.
It gets even worse if the operator is still claiming fuel rebate on journeys that haven't operated.
The TC also is unimpressed when an operator has vehicle tracking technology & doesn't use it to monitor reliability.
(Cough claribels cough).

Steveminor

It's worth mentioning that Sunny Travel were also asked about reliability on the 71 at the same time as Claribels.  The difference between the two was that Sunny Travel had already just submitted a timetable variation where the worst delayed journeys ran private from chelmsley to Radleys to get them back on time.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on August 07, 2015, 07:34:44 PM
The TC isn't looking for 100% compliance & isn't harsh even in really poor reliability if he can see that an operator is actively seeking ways to improve reliability I. e timetable reviews, regular monitoring etc.
What the TC doesn't like is when an operator knows there is a problem & does nothing to resolve it.
It gets even worse if the operator is still claiming fuel rebate on journeys that haven't operated.
The TC also is unimpressed when an operator has vehicle tracking technology & doesn't use it to monitor reliability.
(Cough claribels cough).

Thanks @Tony & @Steveminor , that all makes sense, which makes the TCs ruling in this case make sense (take it having no money to pay the insurance on your buses doesn't go into the acceptable excuse bracket).

For those who are pro GRS, then if the drivers are as good as they say, then i am sure they should have no problems getting alternative employment.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

No losing your insurance is totally frowned upon whether it be for lack of money or other reasons it just shows bad repute.
The driver that came to social travel from GRS is doing fine & has been monitored intesly. So far no problems & is proving he can drive a bus to route & timetable. Yet when at GRS  he didn't & has said he was actually told off for following his running card if it meant missing any gaps.
So who is at fault the drivers or the company?
Ram had SO many chances to put things right & did nothing. He had more chances & more warnings from centro than anyone else.
For those who thing West Midlands Travel are immune,  how about when they were forced to re MOT the entire fleet or the roasting Lea Hall garage got for the number of prohibitions they received in one day. Maybe Tony can shed light as to if this had any bearing on the decision to close the depot. (That's what I would have done to show the TC a proactive approach was being taken to resolve issues)

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on August 07, 2015, 07:54:19 PM
No losing your insurance is totally frowned upon whether it be for lack of money or other reasons it just shows bad repute.
The driver that came to social travel from GRS is doing fine & has been monitored intesly. So far no problems & is proving he can drive a bus to route & timetable. Yet when at GRS  he didn't & has said he was actually told off for following his running card if it meant missing any gaps.
So who is at fault the drivers or the company?
Ram had SO many chances to put things right & did nothing. He had more chances & more warnings from centro than anyone else.
For those who thing West Midlands Travel are immune,  how about when they were forced to re MOT the entire fleet or the roasting Lea Hall garage got for the number of prohibitions they received in one day. Maybe Tony can shed light as to if this had any bearing on the decision to close the depot. (That's what I would have done to show the TC a proactive approach was being taken to resolve issues)

No influence.

The TC or VOSA actually give a 'traffic light' to all operators depending on on-road and at garage inspection results.
This means that when DVSA visit bus stations first priority is the check 'red' operators, followed by 'amber' and lastly 'green' This can result is some people accusing them of picking on 'small' operators because they have checked all 6 of Bloggs Travel, but only 4 Arrfirststagnat Ltd Buses out of 200. This is not the case, they are picking on operators with a bad history and that can just as easily be one of the big group's subsiduaries

Solo1

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on August 04, 2015, 06:44:31 PM
Excuse me whilst I just climb back on my seat.....

... or did you include 'grand' by accident?
what happened to the other darts he has aren't they for sale
Or they all ready scrapped

Quote from: Solo1 on August 07, 2015, 09:48:37 PM
what happened to the other darts he has aren't they for sale
Or they all ready scrapped
The others have been withdrawn for some time probaly are not in good condition.P202OLX has now left the fleet.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

GRS travel have put P202OLX up for sale advertised on there Facebook page. This was withdrawn PRIOR to sale.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: KarlX96 on August 10, 2015, 07:29:20 PM
All buses from GRS are now off the road as Centro/TC have ceased GRS'S trading although they somehow keep on popping up on routes e.g 11A/11C. Only now the 11A or 11C route is now withdrawn.

Centro cannot cease an operator trading, The TC also hasn't ceased him trading, just restricted him to private hire with one vehicle, as per the judgement already posted by some one else

Tony

Quote from: KarlX96 on August 10, 2015, 08:05:27 PM
Centro can have some judgment as well as the TC on an operator. As GRS have now withdrawn all public services.

Centro can pass information about an operator on to the TC, but have no judgement on the punishment.

Steveminor

The only restriction centro can put on an operator is to ban them from using their bus stations. Which is what centro done to GRS some time ago on the 246.
What they say to the TC especially at a PI can have a major influence on the decision though.

the trainbasher

Anyone notice the total bullcrap in today's online Express and Star about GRS. Talk about inaccurate!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

They missed out that drivers would change direction half way round the route if there were more passengers on the other side. Would regularly take short cuts or speed to get in front of another bus.

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 11, 2015, 01:10:54 PM
Anyone notice the total bullcrap in today's online Express and Star about GRS. Talk about inaccurate!
That says he can not run more than. 1 route, should say 1 bus and he has to run Private Hires till August 2017.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk