News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Steveminor on August 04, 2015, 05:49:25 PM
If anyone is interested in buying grs darts the 4 running darts that's the 2 t reg Marshall & the 2 x reg plaxton are going for £10 grand for the 4.

Excuse me whilst I just climb back on my seat.....

... or did you include 'grand' by accident?

Stuharris 6360

Has he tried the scrapman?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 04, 2015, 06:58:32 PM
Has he tried the scrapman?

Four Darts, scrapman would pay about £2,000.

Steveminor

He wants £2000 a piece for the non runners.
The fact is they're not even dda compliant.

the trainbasher

QuotePublic Inquiry (50369) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 02 April 2015 at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2232)
)PD1084253          SN
GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL
38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP , WEST BROMWICH B70 0PP

1. Adverse findings are made under Section 17 (3) (a); Section 17 (3) (aa);   Section 17 (3) (c); and Section 17 (3) (e) of the Act.

2. The operator has failed to meet the requirement of financial standing under Section 17 (3) (d) and 14ZA (2) of the Act and is given a period of four months grace from the date of the hearing to address this.

3. The operator has failed to meet the requirement of professional competence under Section 17(3) (d) and 14ZA (2) of the Act since the last public inquiry, but he now has it if, but only if:
   (i) he does not operate registered services; and,
   (ii) he is restricted to authority for one vehicle available for private hire.

4. The operator has failed to operate a local service registered under Section 6 of the Transport Act 1985.

5.  The operator has failed to comply with the requirements of regulations made under Section 6 (9) (i), (j) o (k) of the Transport Act 1985.

6.  A financial penalty is imposed under Section 155 of the Transport Act 2000 in the sum of £550 for each of four discs, a total of £2,200 is payable to the Secretary of State within 28 days. Failure to pay in full on time is a matter that potentially goes to repute.

7. An order is made under Section 26 of the Transport Act 1985 restricting the service registrations of the operator.  All service registrations are cancelled with effect from 1 August 2015, I waive the need for notice to be given as the travelling public will not suffer as a result of this operator ceasing to run registered services.

8. An order is made under Section 26 of the Transport Act 1985, that no new services can be registered by the operator until 1 August 2017.

9. Authorisation to run vehicles is reduced from four to one vehicle (curtailment), effective from 1 August 2015.

10. I accept Alan John Fryett as transport manager on this licence provided that:   
    i) he is only responsible for one vehicle;
ii) he is paid above the minimum wage, and is paid no less than any driver working
for this operator; and,
(iii) he is employed on a contract of employment for a minimum of eight hours a week.

As I said last week, too harsh the TC was imo, especially as when other operators have failed to run services they have got touched lighter by the beak...it's not as if GRS did what VIP did and swapped number plates around or ran round in service with broken Windows!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 07, 2015, 12:32:15 AM
As I said last week, too harsh the TC was imo, especially as when other operators have failed to run services they have got touched lighter by the beak...it's not as if GRS did what VIP did and swapped number plates around or ran round in service with broken Windows!

So if that is to harsh, why hasn't he appealed.

To me if he doesn't, he is admitting guilt!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 07, 2015, 12:32:15 AM

Yeah but Claribels got fined even more and no one has a bad word to say about them!

Stuharris 6360

Interesting, according to Network West Midlands, GRS finish on the 11 on the 23 August 2015?

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 07, 2015, 01:19:09 PM
Yeah but Claribels got fined even more and no one has a bad word to say about them!

Fines for failing to run registered journeys are based on the number of vehicles authorised on the operators license which is why Claribels' fine was higher. If you check back on here I have stated before that some of their drivers had a habit of going out of service to race to gaps in service of NX, so yes I have had a bad word before. Hopefully the fact these two operators have been found out by DVSA that they didn't attempt to run to registered timetables will concentrate minds of all operators.

If NX were found to be 'not attempting' to run to timetables their fine would be x1800

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2015, 06:13:33 PM
Fines for failing to run registered journeys are based on the number of vehicles authorised on the operators license which is why Claribels' fine was higher. If you check back on here I have stated before that some of their drivers had a habit of going out of service to race to gaps in service of NX, so yes I have had a bad word before. Hopefully the fact these two operators have been found out by DVSA that they didn't attempt to run to registered timetables will concentrate minds of all operators.

If NX were found to be 'not attempting' to run to timetables their fine would be x1800

@Tony , what is the definition of "failing to run registered journeys", know it's a strange question but at times all operators fail to run registered journeys?

Steveminor

Any journey witnessed running more than 1 min early or 6 mins late is deemed not to have operated.  Journeys not seen are deemed not to have operated.  On a frequent service any gaps in service of more than 10 minutes is a journey that has not operated.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on August 07, 2015, 06:44:20 PM
Any journey witnessed running more than 1 min early or 6 mins late is deemed not to have operated.  Journeys not seen are deemed not to have operated.  On a frequent service any gaps in service of more than 10 minutes is a journey that has not operated.

But there must be more to the definition than that, otherwise virytally ever bus operator in the country would fail at certain times, eg Bad Weather, Diversions, Traffic Jams?

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on August 07, 2015, 06:44:20 PM

The frequent service definition isn't quite correct, you are allowed a 15 minute gap as long as 6 buses operate in that hour (due to the allowance of a bus being allowed to be 5 min late)

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 07, 2015, 06:47:45 PM
But there must be more to the definition than that, otherwise virytally ever bus operator in the country would fail at certain times, eg Bad Weather, Diversions, Traffic Jams?

Every operator does fall foul, but you must have a good reason for any non-compliance.

All the things you have quoted above can be used. Traffic jams is only acceptable if it is not a regular occurrance though.

All my drivers are on holiday is not a valid reason. I have no on road supervision, so drivers do what they like is not a valid reason

If you register every route throughout the day to take 40 minutes end to end, but in the peak it actually takes 50 minutes, then that is not a valid reason. If your registered times are met most days, but on the day being monitored someone comes and digs a big hole in the road unannounced causing a jam, then that is an acceptable reason.  It is why all operators should have an accurate recording system of 'lost mileage'. At NX every journey not operated, or not part operated (noted on here as an untimetabled 'E' journey) is logged in a database, so if the TC comes knocking and say NX haven't been complying, they can produce the log and show the exact reason for each one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk