News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry619

Quote from: Westy on July 11, 2015, 11:30:31 AM
Is there a designated 'emergency' operator, if someone does go 'bump'?

It depends. If it's a commercial route which is duplicated by another operator then nothing would happen as it's of no interest to Centro. However, if a company running tenders ceases operation suddenly (as in the likes of Ace in Liverpool, for example) then the normal course of action is for the tendering body (i.e. Centro, TfGM, etc) to issue emergency tenders ASAP. These usually run for a much shorter period of time than a conventional contract would and are often less specific in terms of vehicle requirements as the priority is getting the service running again.

Operators who are able to respond quickly to emergency tenders are often in a good position as they can command significant sums over what might be expected for something tendered in the conventional manner. I imagine it is the reason that some firms often keep a spare bus or two which are worth little more than scrap lying around, especially if they have a bit of 'intel' on other operators.

winston

PD1084253/6 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
    Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between OXHILL ROAD, HANDSWORTH and ACOCKS GREEN given service number 11A/11C effective from 13-Jul-2015.

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2015, 02:44:13 PM
PD1084253/6 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
    Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between OXHILL ROAD, HANDSWORTH and ACOCKS GREEN given service number 11A/11C effective from 13-Jul-2015.

Bye bye GRS :( Seems those who wished harsher TC action may have got their wish anyway ie GRS  no longer operating...

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 24, 2015, 03:30:17 PM

Bye bye GRS :( Seems those who wished harsher TC action may have got their wish anyway ie GRS  no longer operating...

Let's just hope they're registering another route soon

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

I've just seen one on the 11. It says 13 July on that cancellation.

Also who are the other company on it. They are exactly the same as GRS.

the trainbasher

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Social Travel

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bryan

Quote from: MW on July 24, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 24, 2015, 05:34:58 PM
Social Travel

Oh no, yet another company to appear on the 11A and 11C who I will bet cease working the route in a few months! Having said that I suspect there are connections between GRS and Social Travel, taking into account both are based in West Bromwich.

The vehicles may provide some variety on the West Midlands roads for enthusiasts, but for passengers who want and need to rely on a company turning up on a regular basis month in, month out, this is not good.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bryan on July 24, 2015, 07:33:59 PM
Oh no, yet another company to appear on the 11A and 11C who I will bet cease working the route in a few months! Having said that I suspect there are connections between GRS and Social Travel, taking into account both are based in West Bromwich.

The vehicles may provide some variety on the West Midlands roads for enthusiasts, but for passengers who want and need to rely on a company turning up on a regular basis month in, month out, this is not good.

Social Travel is the ones with the white and purple livery who are connected to Sunny Travel and they operate the C version only.

GRS is in no way connected km them

fleetline6477

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 24, 2015, 07:40:31 PM
Social Travel is the ones with the white and purple livery who are connected to Sunny Travel and they operate the C version only.

GRS is in no way connected km them

There are some links between Social Travel, Discount Travel and Sunny Travel but no links with GRS Travel.

MW

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 24, 2015, 05:34:58 PM
Social Travel

GRS were on the 11 today, and have been on everyday, so I don't understand when the cancellation will commence.
Is 13th July the cancellation date, or the "approval of cancellation" date.

the trainbasher

Quote from: MW on July 27, 2015, 08:53:48 PM
GRS were on the 11 today, and have been on everyday, so I don't understand when the cancellation will commence.
Is 13th July the cancellation date, or the "approval of cancellation" date.

Depends on if they've got the paperwork from VOSA to confirm the status of it all

GRS Travel were still operating the 11 today  :) :) :)
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on July 30, 2015, 06:48:33 PM
GRS Travel were still operating the 11 today  :) :) :)

I also saw them with their marshal dart

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 30, 2015, 06:52:47 PM
I also saw them with their marshal dart

With the destination display not working correctly? I saw it earlier by Acocks Green rail station., empty, following right behind an NX 11A.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Might have a look out for them tomorrow while I'm out and about

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk