News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

So then, if people don't want to see GRS vanish, what is the solution?

Didn't Banga have problems similar to this in the past? Maybe the solution is there?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Those of you sticking up for GRS are living in a bubble.

No idea why. Just observe them on the 11 for one day.

Your answers lie within this quest.

Trident 4194

At the end of the day GRS are being ganged upon because they are a small independent operator. I've seen some dangerous driving from nx and diamond, but nx could afford to get away with it

domino.99

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 11, 2015, 08:20:56 AM
At the end of the day GRS are being ganged upon because they are a small independent operator. I've seen some dangerous driving from nx and diamond, but nx could afford to get away with it

No they really are not! NX can not buy there way out of a legal case!

barry619

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2015, 10:29:26 PM
These are not things GRS 'allegedly did' these are things observed by people working for the DVSA and found to have happened at a PI
This is correct, the report is obviously written by someone who attended the PI. In any case, 'distorting facts' in such a case is likely to end up with the publication being sued.

As for job losses if GRS was to cease, think of it like this. If, as seems obvious, GRS doesn't bother playing by the rules, it is able to run its services at lower cost than other operators. That could in theory affect the compliant firms out there as the playing field is not level, potentially compromising the jobs of drivers that work for those who choose to run their business as a bus operator is supposed to be.

GRS clearly has no business being able to compete with properly-run firms and its licence should have been revoked. If it was operating in the NW, and the owner had found himself in front of Beverley Bell, it would have been.

Steveminor

I have to agree that grs should lose his licence I'm afraid. I'm mean to spend several days with no buses on the road I mean imagine if nx or diamond did that. That is totally unacceptable

Trident 4194

Quote from: Steveminor on July 11, 2015, 09:30:10 AM
I have to agree that grs should lose his licence I'm afraid. I'm mean to spend several days with no buses on the road I mean imagine if nx or diamond did that. That is totally unacceptable

@Steveminor what company do you run?

Steveminor

I do a bit of casual work for Sunny travel social travel & discount travel & whilst sunny didn't have the best reputation going. They are trying to pull their socks up & have never not run a single bus. That's the main point with grs, he spent half a week with mo buses on the road AT ALL. That is inexusuable

the trainbasher

As I said earlier both NX and Diamond have got away with worse. both of those should have had at least their licences reviewed...

Diamond with their wheel loss incidents/late running and NX with their bus fires? They make even First Manchester pale in comparison!

Dear old Beveley would have yanked the licence off diamond in an instant. Yet here we have a traffic commissioner who is more anti independent than not...oh I forgot...the forum is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to the small operators

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tara4352

What routes are in Barnsley

Trident 4194

Discount are worse than GRS. They change routes every term, they have buses which stink of diesel onboard I have noticed.

Westy

Is there a designated 'emergency' operator, if someone does go 'bump'?

When A2Z went bump, their Walsall work seemed to be split between Nx & Choice(who renamed themselves Midland as well!), plus Diamond started on the 301 as well.

Stuharris 6360

I can't believe some of what I am reading.

Lets forget about non compliant timetables, running right in front of rivals etc and focus on the main point on this report.

"Vehicle Examiner and Bus Operator Account Manager and service punctuality (BOAM) Andrew Male said that he carried out a maintenance investigation in September following an unsatisfactory investigation into service punctuality. Three vehicles were inspected and given immediate prohibitions.

As there were no inspection records available for a recent addition to the fleet it appeared that it was pressed into service without a safety inspection. Three buses presented for annual test all failed."

Are people saying that it is ok to have vehicles on the road which haven't been safety checked when they arrive at the garage or that have serious safety defects.

Yes the owner had a serious illness and had to leave the company in the hands of his daughter, not the best idea in the circumstance, surely another member of his family could have run the company in his absence.

I am sure Mr Male who inspected the vehicles would not want his name mentioned in an article if ALL the facts were not correct, its his reputation that is at stake.

We all know that GRS are not the only ones to have problems, didn't PE get ordered at one time to have all there vehicles MOT'd. However now with AVL, i doubt if they can get away with running early and placing there buses right in front of a competitor.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on July 11, 2015, 11:30:31 AM
Is there a designated 'emergency' operator, if someone does go 'bump'?

When A2Z went bump, their Walsall work seemed to be split between Nx & Choice(who renamed themselves Midland as well!), plus Diamond started on the 301 as well.

I don't think GRS will go, if the TC thought there was no hope for them then he would have pulled the plug at the PI.

If anything i think he will further reduce the number of vehicles they can use UNTIL they can prove that things have been sorted.

barry619

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 11, 2015, 10:53:40 AM
As I said earlier both NX and Diamond have got away with worse. both of those should have had at least their licences reviewed...

Diamond with their wheel loss incidents/late running and NX with their bus fires? They make even First Manchester pale in comparison!

While wheel loss is indeed inexcusable, the fact that NXWM has had buses catch fire is in no way a definite indictiment on its maintenance standards. It could have happened due to vandalism, a manufacturing defect or several other things, and such instances are of little interest to the TCs. Especially when they have the likes of GRS and other serially non-compliant operators to deal with.

As for Rotala and NXWM 'getting away with worse', I would be interested to hear what either has done which is worse than not operating a single registered service for a significant period of time through having buses which were either not insured or awaiting repair.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk