News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

The way I read the legislation it does not say how a display has to be programmed for via points. The same with the guidelines from centro.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

13.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which automatically emits a flashing light.

As a scrolling destination requires an led to flash on & off then this would technically not be allowed.
Yes it would be really pinigaty for someone to pull an operator up on,  but we all know there can be some awkward people out there with nothing better to do. So why take the chance

tank90

Quote from: Steveminor on October 28, 2014, 09:46:34 PM
13.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which automatically emits a flashing light.

As a scrolling destination requires an led to flash on & off then this would technically not be allowed.
Yes it would be really pinigaty for someone to pull an operator up on,  but we all know there can be some awkward people out there with nothing better to do. So why take the chance

If we are being totally picky then all lights would not be allowed as the current automatically emits a fast flashing light.
It's just how far one wants to go. But if I had to have a scrolling display on a bus I would and if someone tried it I would put up a strong defence to say that that was the only way to show the stops on the display. Which in some cases is true.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

trident4370

The LED still flashes on a static display it just doesn't move.

Jaysnerz007

anyone no the full address of this operator as looking on street view I type in 38 black lake and all you can see is houses thanks.

fleetline6477

38 Black Lake is a house which I assume is where the owner lives. The buses are currently parked in a yard in Hare Street, Bilston which was previously where Joe's Travel were. Before this the buses were parked in a yard which doubled as a car wash further down the main road from Black Lake close to Wednesbury centre. 

Rob H

1st GRS Travel Dart I've seen on the 11C seen this morning at Yardley Swan around 9am couldn't get ID.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

the trainbasher

Quote from: Rob2832 on November 10, 2014, 10:23:20 PM
1st GRS Travel Dart I've seen on the 11C seen this morning at Yardley Swan around 9am couldn't get ID.

Did it have a scrolling display (R182VLA/P202OLX Pointers/R404FFC Wright Crusader with Hanover LEDs) or a static LED Display with a cream curve on the side? (t201/202 Marshalls with Brighttech displays)?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Or R923RAU...best bus in the fleet!

Bryan

Wright Crusader bodied Dart R404 FFC in Acocks Green on 10 November 2014, working an 11E in a clockwise direction.

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/bryan_a_smith/35855185

the trainbasher

I never thought they'd be using that short!

PM

A while since anyone's posted in here!

Anyone seen how the 11's doing? Better than it did under Joe's travel?

I've seen R404FFC has been used, presume the other darts have also been on there at some point including R923RAU, the best of the bunch

the trainbasher

@DiamondDart I went on 404 last Friday and it was busy. 15 down but busy.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 17, 2015, 03:37:20 PM
@DiamondDart I went on 404 last Friday and it was busy. 15 down but busy.

Ooh, an @ mention, how exciting! I'd forgotten that was back!!

That's good, I wonder how many buses they've actually got on there?

The 11 is a busy route undoubtedly it's just hard to compete in terms of level of resources required...

Thanks for the info!

the trainbasher

@DiamondDart they've got 4.

2 on the A and 2 on the C.

They run with one starting each way then another one half hour behind then 2-3 hour gap til the next one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk