News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes from 20th July

Started by Liverpool Street, May 24, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

I did say this last year, don't get used to any of the changes, because they'll change again, and someone's bound to be affected by the changes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

@Sh4318

My prediction for 2015

289 renumbered 4C and extended to Cradley via the 53 route, extended to Walsall
53 diverted to serve halesowen via the 244 route
241 to run Dudley to Halesowen to Hayley Green in the opposite direction to the 244
244 to replace 241 but via Old Hill Station
And finally, 297 extended to Cradley station via the 243 route then Cradley Forge to Cradley Station. with the 243 running direct via Lyde Green to Timbertree from Merry Hill.

Oh and 141 every 15 to halesowen from city, every 30 to merry hill with new number 9A

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 02, 2014, 11:47:26 PM
@Sh4318

My prediction for 2015

241 to run Dudley to Halesowen to Hayley Green in the opposite direction to the 244
And finally, 297 extended to Cradley station via the 243 route then Cradley Forge to Cradley Station. with the 243 running direct via Lyde Green to Timbertree from Merry Hill.

Oh and 141 every 15 to halesowen from city, every 30 to merry hill with new number 9A

@the trainbasher ahaha! That's brilliant. Service 9 withdrawn, replaced by routes 9A, 141 and 002. Service 140 replaces service 222 between Dudley and Merry Hill. Routes 140, 141, 241 interwork at Merry Hill, routes 140, 141 interwork at Birmingham

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 02, 2014, 11:51:37 PM
@Sh4318

My prediction for 2015

@the trainbasher ahaha! That's brilliant. Service 9 withdrawn, replaced by routes 9A, 141 and 002. Service 140 replaces service 222 between Dudley and Merry Hill. Routes 140, 141, 241 interwork at Merry Hill, routes 140, 141 interwork at Birmingham

Tempted to put £50 on one of them predictions happening!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 02, 2014, 11:53:54 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 02, 2014, 11:51:37 PM
@Sh4318

My prediction for 2015

Tempted to put £50 on one of them predictions happening!

@the trainbasher Money back as a free bet if the 289 gets re-extended to Merry Hill

winston

Quote from: Andrew on June 04, 2014, 12:52:30 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on June 04, 2014, 12:33:36 PM
Odds on changes again this time next year??

when's Cradley Heath interchange being redeveloped ? (if it still is) it'll probably be when that's finished

That's all gone quiet, now Merry Hill has changed hands maybe negotiations are taking place to allow an extension of time for when the money needs to be spent, so it can be used to re-develop Merry Hill as originally intended? Or is that just wishful thinking???

Roy

Quote from: Winston on July 03, 2014, 12:48:31 PM
when's Cradley Heath interchange being redeveloped ? (if it still is) it'll probably be when that's finished

That's all gone quiet, now Merry Hill has changed hands maybe negotiations are taking place to allow an extension of time for when the money needs to be spent, so it can be used to re-develop Merry Hill as originally intended? Or is that just wishful thinking???

I understand that a planning application is imminent.  The problem is that the money has to be spent by the end of this financial year, so unfortunately it would seem that the original plan to rebuild Merry Hill Bus Station is not an option with this money.

winston

Quote from: Roy on July 03, 2014, 02:53:54 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 03, 2014, 12:48:31 PM

I understand that a planning application is imminent.  The problem is that the money has to be spent by the end of this financial year, so unfortunately it would seem that the original plan to rebuild Merry Hill Bus Station is not an option with this money.

Thanks Roy, that was actually a old post re-posted in error.

Good to hear this are potentially happening again, I presume you wouldn't have any further details of the proposed application at this stage?

Roy

I don't know the full details.  Basically, the bus station would become two-way with buses that currently use the stop on the opposite side of Forge Lane using the bus station with stops on the island pavement.  The last I heard was that they proposed to rebuild the covered walkway, make some major DDA-compliance improvements, and provide a joint railway/bus waiting area with new toilets.  If they could find the money in the future, Centro would like to rebuild or revamp the current station building.

winston

Quote from: Roy on July 03, 2014, 03:08:36 PM
I don't know the full details.  Basically, the bus station would become two-way with buses that currently use the stop on the opposite side of Forge Lane using the bus station with stops on the island pavement.  The last I heard was that they proposed to rebuild the covered walkway, make some major DDA-compliance improvements, and provide a joint railway/bus waiting area with new toilets.  If they could find the money in the future, Centro would like to rebuild or revamp the current station building.

Sorry Roy, I'm getting my wires crossed. I thought you were referring to a imminent planning application for Merry Hill Bus station.

karl724223

New owners have no plans to build new or refurbish old bus station at messy hell

Diamond will continue to operate the 205 service on eveninings and Sundays , tender due October .

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on July 03, 2014, 09:28:01 PM
New owners have no plans to build new or refurbish old bus station at messy hell

That really surprises me, you have a lovely big shopping centre which to me is let down by the bus station.

One of the challenges for the new owners should be to encourage people to use public transport when they visit, who wants to do that when you have to wait in drafty shelters or even worse for some services, outside.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

That really surprises me, you have a lovely big shopping centre which to me is let down by the bus station.

One of the challenges for the new owners should be to encourage people to use public transport when they visit, who wants to do that when you have to wait in drafty shelters or even worse for some services, outside.

Unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me.  Intu, like Westfield, is only interested in maximising profits and are happy to fill their car parks, even though that means gridlock on the streets of Brierley Hill, Pensnett and Quarry Bank.  They don't care that the current bus station is an accident waiting to happen.  The only hope for the future is that they are forced to upgrade the bus station as it is not DDA compliant.   

I notice that there are still no announcements about the July 20 changes.  The cynic in me thinks that NXWM are scared to release the details because of the backlash they are going to receive from the Wall Heath mafia, Gornal councillors and people in Saltwells and Lodgefield Road.  Fortunately, the old Transport User Forums have been disbanded.  Had they still existed, there could have been unsavoury scenes like the ones in Dudley when the 206/207 and 294/295 were withdrawn.  However, I can still see the Express and Star being filled with irate comments over the next couple of weeks. 

Another explanation may be that Centro are trying to find alternative operators for the areas being abandoned by NXWM, and are delaying an announcement until they know what is going on.  Centro are keen on integration of modes of public transport and the changes made by NXWM will cut the link from Saltwells to Cradley Heath station, and reduce links to Old Hill station.

Roy

Details of Black Country changes and timetables are now posted on the National Express West Midlands website.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-service-changes-20th-july-2014

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk