News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes from 20th July

Started by Liverpool Street, May 24, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 23, 2014, 10:35:01 PM
Tunnels

is that really gonna affect the digbeth routes that much to warrant a route change though?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on June 23, 2014, 10:38:54 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on June 23, 2014, 10:35:01 PM
Tunnels

is that really gonna affect the digbeth routes that much to warrant a route change though?

Maybe the Digbeth changes are to do with what Notepanel posted on the last page?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 20, 2014, 01:54:24 PM
222 frequency to be reduced to every 40 minutes late evenings

From my back of a fag packet figures, it looks like the 222 could be being dropped to 2 buses on the track instead of 3

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Roy on June 17, 2014, 04:57:00 PM
Quote from: Nathan on June 17, 2014, 03:26:25 PM
Quote from: Roy on June 17, 2014, 02:27:16 PM
Does anybody know yet the route that the 205 will take in the Pensnett/Kingswinford area?

Also, it has been mentioned before in this thread that the registration for the 244 (PD0001111/440) has been cancelled as the 244 registration has been consolidated with the 243 (PD0001111/449).  However, the description of the latter registration has not been changed.  Thus the route/timetable change listed for service 243 might in fact be a route change for the 244 - possibly diverting it via Old Hill station and Coombeswood?

The 205 will operate Dudley-Kingswinford only via Pensnett Trading Estate (Well thats what i gathered from reading previous posts).

127 will be extended to Dudley from Blackheath covering that section of the 205

Yes, I realise that, Nathan.  What I don't know is the specific route it will take.  There seems to be 3 alternatives.

1. From Pensnett via Tansley Green Road, Stallings Lane and the Trading Estate back to Dudley Road.
2. From Pensnett via the Trading Estate, Stallings Lane and Moss Grove to Kingswinford
3. From Pensnett into the Trading Estate, then reverse to get back to Dudley Road.

If I was a betting man, I would guess option 3 as the Stallings Lane exit from the Trading Estate is closed on Saturdays, early mornings and evenings (hence the current 297A).

What is obvious is that it will have to be a 3-bus operation if it remains a 30 minute frequency as the current time from Dudley to Kingswinford is 33 minutes - and this will increase by about 5-6 minutes whatever the detour is.

I've a feeling it will just go straight down Dudley Road with a turn into second avenue. But the cynic in me thinks diamond won't bother with second avenue on their runs.

fleetline6477

With the 127 being extended along the 205 route to Dudley it will be reminiscent of the old hourly 127A, although that continued up Hagley Road, right into Wolverhampton Road, left into Stanley Road and right into Castle Road West to join existing 127 route at Bleakhouse Rd / Perry Hill Road.

karl724223

243/4 no change of route
241 form Halesowen to merry hill the same way as 141 to merry hill
205 from dudley to kfud it will go in gate two and out of gate one ( main gate) won't go past garage serving stops by bookers only on Saturdays serves main road only so we have to walk to main road to catch bus

the trainbasher

@karl724223 and this time next year it'll all change again!!

Roll on the 20th when Not in Service will be a favoured display because of all the late running!

karl724223

You may be surprised 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

bususer12

Quote from: karl724223 on June 25, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
243/4 no change of route
205 from dudley to kfud it will go in gate two and out of gate one ( main gate) won't go past garage serving stops by bookers only on Saturdays serves main road only so we have to walk to main road to catch bus

So does that mean that nothing will replace the 297 route up Station Rd in Old Hil and via Coombeswood etc

s94

Quote from: karl724223 on June 25, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
243/4 no change of route
@karl724223
So nothing to replace the Coppice Lane/Saltwells section?  How
Many buses does Quarry Bank High st really need towards Halesowen? Quite ridiculous as I have seen the 297 well used on this stretch. Though Karl you did say it would not go via Quarry Bank before. Has this definitely changed now?

karl724223

Nothing up station road /lodgefield rd
241 will go to merry hill same as 141  that's what's on the route descriptions I had to check over yesterday

s94

Quote from: karl724223 on June 26, 2014, 07:49:09 PM
Nothing up station road /lodgefield rd
241 will go to merry hill same as 141  that's what's on the route descriptions I had to check over yesterday
Well I am surprised. Just think the amount of buses serving Q Bank High St for Halesowen is ridiculously high and you would think there would be enough! Lol.

s94

Still nothing on NWM or National express about the remainder of the changes in the Merry hill area. Even had a survey from someone at Network West Midlands at my door this morning and they didn't know of any changes either. Just under 3 weeks to go too when some will find they have completely lost a key bus service now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk