News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes from 20th July

Started by Liverpool Street, May 24, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This kinda thing typical , notices of changes are only put  up about 14 days before changes happen , then joe public have a go at us drivers for making things up as we go long.  Looking forward to seeing the new 127/128/129 combined running boards . Currently when a 129 leaves West Bromwich it changes to the 127 in brum, up on returning to brum it changes to a 128 then back to the 129 this can over 5 hours 30 mins now we have two relief points to keep things legal. Not so great all the travelling about to and from relief point. Company has gone inter working mad IMO .

JPC

NXC confirm the following...

Improvements to route 900 with the introduction of late night journeys from 20th July 2014:
- A new 900 journey at 0020 Daily from Coventry (Pool Meadow Bus Stn) to Birmingham (Moor Street Queensway) via Birmingham Airport (at 0054)
- A new 900A journey at 0255 Monday-Saturday from Birmingham (Moor Street Queensway) to Coventry via Birmingham Airport (at 0326)
In addition some minor timing changes will take place.

In my opinion not much of a useful improvement as these two "new" journeys will be in lieu of running dead between BC and Coventry.
Note the 0255 will not run on Sundays (late night Saturday) which I would have thought would be best night of the week for patronage?.

s94

Had an email from NXWM today following an email to them about the 297/241.

The 241 will definitely follow Quarry Bank High Street and will not serve Coppice Lane, Saltwells or Quarry Road.

So these people must now rely on just an hourly serve to Halesowen (Arrivas 217) and now only the 276 to Wollaston/Norton or Dudley. So thus the oversaturation of buses on Quarry Bank High st is about to increase even further.

Dont agree with this move at all.

PM

Quote from: s94 on July 02, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

The 241 will definitely follow Quarry Bank High Street and will not serve Coppice Lane, Saltwells or Quarry Road.

So these people must now rely on just an hourly serve to Halesowen and now only the 276 to Wollaston/Norton or Dudley. So thus the oversaturation of buses on Quarry Bank High st is about to increase even further.

Out of interest, what will the hourly service to Halesowen for residents of Coppice Lane, Saltwells and Quarry Road be?

s94

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 02, 2014, 07:33:42 PM

So these people must now rely on just an hourly serve to Halesowen and now only the 276 to Wollaston/Norton or Dudley. So thus the oversaturation of buses on Quarry Bank High st is about to increase even further.

Out of interest, what will the hourly service to Halesowen for residents of Coppice Lane, Saltwells and Quarry Road be?
Just Arrivas 217.

There are housing estates off these main roads all now losing a regular connection to Halesowen. Why cant a variant be introduced? So  from 20 July, surely Quarry Bank High st will be having near 10-12 buses to Halesowen an hour??? Is that not enough? Ridiculous whilst most suffer with 1!!! I know the 297 has been well used on the section its being taken away from.

the trainbasher

So in other words, mushroom green loses its  night service
Old Hill station loses its services

And coppice lane loses 2 buses a hour

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: s94 on July 02, 2014, 07:37:33 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on July 02, 2014, 07:33:42 PM

Just Arrivas 217.

There are housing estates off these main roads all now losing a regular connection to Halesowen. Why cant a variant be introduced? So  from 20 July, surely Quarry Bank High st will be having near 10-12 buses to Halesowen an hour??? Is that not enough? Ridiculous whilst most suffer with 1!!! I know the 297 has been well used on the section its being taken away from.

Thanks for the info! I guess it'll be a boost for the 217 but a shame for other services... Is it a case of NX wanting a piece of the 002 between Halesowen and MH?!

richie

If these sections of route carried enough people then surely they wouldn't be cut

the trainbasher

@richie agreed. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

s94

Quote from: richie on July 02, 2014, 08:00:43 PM
If these sections of route carried enough people then surely they wouldn't be cut
But does Quarry Bank need any more?

I see your point but the route usually seemed to have fairly healthy loadings. Never rammed but not often too quiet. The Coppice Lane/Quarry Road section is a relatively small section of the route but I myself have seen it used by people on this road well. Has quietness elsewhere jeopardised the route for others?

Still, perhaps an argument would be the Coppice Lane/Quarry Road sections are fairly affluent with most having cars for transport. Nonetheless, quite a few elderly live on estates such as Birch Coppice and rely on these services. 1 bus an hour 9-5pm to Halesowen doesnt do much at all. Wonder if Hansons have ever thought of sending the 004 this way. The 007 to Bromsgrove used to serve the Coppice Lane part.

winston

Quote from: s94 on July 02, 2014, 08:41:53 PM

I see your point but the route usually seemed to have fairly healthy loadings. Never rammed but not often too quiet. The Coppice Lane/Quarry Road section is a relatively small section of the route but I myself have seen it used by people on this road well. Has quietness elsewhere jeopardised the route for others?

Still, perhaps an argument would be the Coppice Lane/Quarry Road sections are fairly affluent with most having cars for transport. Nonetheless, quite a few elderly live on estates such as Birch Coppice and rely on these services. 1 bus an hour 9-5pm to Halesowen doesnt do much at all. Wonder if Hansons have ever thought of sending the 004 this way. The 007 to Bromsgrove used to serve the Coppice Lane part.

Maybe it's more about journey times than how buses Quarry Bank needs, after all Quarry Bank High St is the most direct route in to Merry Hill from Halesowen

s94

Quote from: Winston on July 02, 2014, 08:51:25 PM

Maybe it's more about journey times than how buses Quarry Bank needs, after all Quarry Bank High St is the most direct route in to Merry Hill from Halesowen
True but both routes are actually very similar times. The Coppice Lane section avoids one of the major sets of traffic lights at Merry Hill.

Well obviously nothing can be done about this now but disappointing nonetheless.

richie

A plc can't operate for the handful of elderly people that may catch a bus on a section of route I agree there should be a service and there is a social need but privatisation has done away with that it's now use it or loose it

s94

Quote from: richie on July 02, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

A plc can't operate for the handful of elderly people that may catch a bus on a section of route I agree there should be a service and there is a social need but privatisation has done away with that it's now use it or loose it
Indeed so richie. Its interesting doing some research actually that this section used to have the 258 and even the 141 for a time, 238/289/297, the 581, 007 and the 276. Soon it will be just the 276 and an hourly 217!

the trainbasher

@s94 don't forget the 208 along Dudley wood road

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk