News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicles in service in TWM Livery

Started by Tony, May 15, 2014, 02:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Total 1 -  

In service in old livery to be painted
BC - 4432 (front only rest of the bus is a Morrisons advert   + 4177 in experimental livery (also a Morrisons advert)

1846 now at Walsall, joining 1844
4273 now finished back at WB

Pensnett have sent 4346 in sometime in the last few days

Vehicles currently being repainted
AG 4520(WA); 4675 (WA)
BC 4472 (WB); 4613(Carlyle);
CV 4404 (WA); 4450 (WA)
PB 1844 (WA); 1846 (WA)
PE 4346 (WA)
WA 4307 (WA); 4329 (Trailways) 4331 (Trailways)
WB 4264(WA)
WN 4596(WA)
YW 4379 (Trailways); 4389(WA)

Tony

Total 1 -  

In service in old livery to be painted
BC - 4432 (front only rest of the bus is a Morrisons advert   + 4177 in experimental livery (also a Morrisons advert)

WB 4511 is the latest arrival at Walsall for repaint/retrim

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2015, 09:47:11 AM

Vehicles currently being repainted
AG 4520(WA); 4675 (WA)
BC 4472 (WB); 4613(Carlyle);
CV 4404 (WA); 4450 (WA)
PB 1844 (WA); 1846 (WA)
PE 4346 (WA)
WA 4307 (WA); 4329 (Trailways) 4331 (Trailways)
WB 4264(WA); 4511 (WA)
WN 4596(WA)
YW 4379 (Trailways); 4389(WA)

That's good to see west brom starting to re furbish the badly done early repaints, the seats on most of these are in a shocking state.

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: 2900 on January 07, 2015, 01:39:36 PM
That's good to see west brom starting to re furbish the badly done early repaints, the seats on most of these are in a shocking state.

Yes very welcome - Perry Barr has some similar vehicles and the quality of these against the refurbishments and re-liveries done over the last 18 months is telling.

Isn't it ironic though that we are now down to the last bus in Travel West Midlands colours - just as NXWM are planning to launch a new livery.   Maybe they should check at Walsall if they've got some WMPTE blue and cream or WMT sliver and blue left in stock and give the bus one of those to get rid of the paint!

Westy

Are they just going to repaint younger vehicles into this new livery, as I cant see the point in repainting Spectras & Presidents etc if they're gonna be withdrawn during the repainting process.

A fair few vehicles got withdrawn in Nx livery so if the likely timescales of certain types of vehicles to be withdrawn is known then base the repainting on that.

Personally it should be Enviros, B7's & Scanias in the new livery first, leaving Tridents till last!

the trainbasher

I think it's only new buses that are going into the two tone livery

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JoNi

What is NX's repaint cycle, after all I would expect the Platinum buses to last four years before being replaced by further new buses to keep the premium nature of these routes.

Stevo

I wish they'd say if the new livery will be adopted across the fleet for repaints. I can't see there's any need for commercial secrecy in this.

RW

Surely it must be adopted across the fleet save perhaps vehicles likely to be withdrawn in, say, the next 2 years. If not NX will be running with dual standard liveries for years to come not to mention the Platinum livery and the Coventry variant. Have to say I can't understand why NX seem to regard this matter as commercially sensitive now that the new livery has been widely reported in the media.

Tony

Quote from: RW on January 08, 2015, 07:18:24 PM
Surely it must be adopted across the fleet save perhaps vehicles likely to be withdrawn in, say, the next 2 years. If not NX will be running with dual standard liveries for years to come not to mention the Platinum livery and the Coventry variant. Have to say I can't understand why NX seem to regard this matter as commercially sensitive now that the new livery has been widely reported in the media.

So operators like Nottingham, Trent, Go North East get praise on here for being very good operators (no argument from me there) but have multiple liveries in much smaller fleets than NXWM, yet the thought of NXWM having multiple liveries horrifies people

RW

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2015, 07:32:41 PM

So operators like Nottingham, Trent, Go North East get praise on here for being very good operators (no argument from me there) but have multiple liveries in much smaller fleets than NXWM, yet the thought of NXWM having multiple liveries horrifies people

It doesn't horrify me Tony, but why? If you have a new livery why wouldn't you want your vehicles in it?

Liberator9

Well Trent's fleet is all in different liveries intentionally for their routes - certainly noticed that (along with NCT) when I've been to Nottingham numerous times last year. At least they look similar in design and as most are route branded it makes sense. Would be great to know why they don't do the repaints from now in the new livery considering it is going to become the standard one - they can start getting going now considering it's going to be the new standard livery. Why just save it for the new buses? I for one would appreciate YW and AG Scanias being repainted into it - will make a positive impression on the passengers - combined with refurbished seats. I mean they could get going by redoing PB's two Scanias in at the moment - paint a third into it and the 952 would already benefit from refurbished buses in the correct standard livery.

However enough moaning - I must say well done to NX for their heavy investment in the fleet - having just read the news article they've released that is an impressive amount of new buses in 2015. Shows they are really looking to improve the quality of their services and improving journeys.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2015, 07:32:41 PM

If (God forbid) NXWM have multiple liveries ,but keep each livery on a given route,then it would not be too bad......problem is multi liveries on each route.
I cannot give NXWM much credit for keeping branded buses on correct routes as it is,never mind extending the concept.
I will admit that ANY branding is a pet hate of mine,and any visit to Derby merely reinforces that opinion.The overall appearance of Derby would suggest one major operator (Arriva) and hosts of smaller unconnected operators who could just as easily be completely independent of each other.
If you want a network marketed to the public,then use one fleet name and livery........bet most people in Derby don't have a clue who Black Cat are,and probably don't care either.
I can only repeat that for 20 years my brother was MD of a medium sized Company,NBC,then Badgerline then Firstgroup and never needed to use this new fashioned gimmick.

Liberator9

Route branding is awful when it ends up on the wrong route - just adds confusion to joe public. Personally it is better what NX are doing with introducing Platinum buses on certain routes, which they are unlikely to stray far from. Diamond have done it with Signature in Solihull and has worked very well.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 08, 2015, 10:04:45 PM
Route branding is awful when it ends up on the wrong route - just adds confusion to joe public. Personally it is better what NX are doing with introducing Platinum buses on certain routes, which they are unlikely to stray far from. Diamond have done it with Signature in Solihull and has worked very well.

I've been told Platinum vehicles will be banned from straying 'off route'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk