News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicles in service in TWM Livery

Started by Tony, May 15, 2014, 02:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2015, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 13, 2015, 06:15:15 PM
Maybe more interesting, but the civic pride that London retains by keeping sovereignty of the image it wants its buses to portray, is worth far more.  If the West Midlands' local councils had half an idea of marketing their region, they would (amongst many other 'soft' factors) dictate that tendered routes be operated by bus fleets decorated in a livery relevant to the area they serve, and not some half-baked corporate rubbish changed on a whim.

I quite like Central Buses livery  :D

Problem is a lot of tendered journeys only make up one or two trips a day, what is that bus supposed to do the rest of the day

I don't disagree, and London's a very different case, but for the core fleet it could be a no-brainer. 
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 14, 2015, 03:25:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2015, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 13, 2015, 06:15:15 PM
Maybe more interesting, but the civic pride that London retains by keeping sovereignty of the image it wants its buses to portray, is worth far more.  If the West Midlands' local councils had half an idea of marketing their region, they would (amongst many other 'soft' factors) dictate that tendered routes be operated by bus fleets decorated in a livery relevant to the area they serve, and not some half-baked corporate rubbish changed on a whim.

I quite like Central Buses livery  :D

Problem is a lot of tendered journeys only make up one or two trips a day, what is that bus supposed to do the rest of the day

I don't disagree, and London's a very different case, but for the core fleet it could be a no-brainer.

The way things are going all tendered services will be operated by buses in the same livery - Igo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk