News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 18, 2014, 11:49:40 AM
Quote from: Andrew on June 17, 2014, 11:33:23 PM
They're for PN to upgrade the 9 with the current E400's cascaded onto the 140 & 241.

Thats my thoughts but it's pointless guessing, just have to wait and see

Wishful thinking!

Something like that, lol

pb2012

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 18, 2014, 01:08:24 PM
I thought the most reasonable guess was BC for the Pershore Road? Where the heck has the 37 come from?
I'd go for BC or WA as there supposed to be Y reg tridents going to dundee for school services WA 997 & possibly X51 upgrade????

Stevo

We're due for new buses on the 37 - they've been changed every 4 years since the B10Bs came in 1996 and the Scanias are well past 4 years. I'd like new style E400s, please.

trident4370

10 reg buses aren't new enough... dear me

Wolves256

Sh4318

High frequency routes such as the 37, 50 are likely to get upgraded fairly regularly. However, this doesn't explain why the 97 hasn't been upgraded ???
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Back to reality!
The next 8 should be delivered to Glasgow this weekend

Stu

Just briefly touching on the 37 again...

As well as upgrading the buses on this route, the other obvious benefit is that this does then free up 20 new-ish full length single deckers (I fear that it would actually be the B7RLEs that get displaced, not the Omnilinks) to be cascaded to other garages to replace older single-deck vehicles such as Mercs and B10Ls, where it wouldn't be appropriate to replace those with smaller E200s...

Just my thoughts... now please feel free to get back to topic!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 18, 2014, 08:11:24 PM

As well as upgrading the buses on this route, the other obvious benefit is that this does then free up 20 new-ish full length single deckers (I fear that it would actually be the B7RLEs that get displaced, not the Omnilinks) to be cascaded to other garages to replace older single-deck vehicles such as Mercs and B10Ls, where it wouldn't be appropriate to replace those with smaller E200s...

Apart from the fact it has been reported elsewhere that Dundee needs an extra 10 double deckers, so somewhere through these new buses arriving 10 doubles will need to be cascaded to replace those heading north. That is one reason why the 37 seems an unlikely choice

winston

Quote from: Stu on June 18, 2014, 08:11:24 PM

Stu,

I agree with your points, as the 37 has typically had new buses every 4 years previously as per the 50.

It wouldn't surprise me if both of these routes were upgraded to 'Gold Corridors' at a later date, as you say I can see the remaining B7RLE being cascaded out of AG to allow other older single deckers to be withdrawn

Wolves256

Tony it depends what will be transferd to Dundee. People have mentioned Tridents but toady NXD is 100% Volvo (except the hybrids and old solos) so the obvious choice  is Presidents
I assume 4111>5 will go to Dundee as originally planed to replace B10s plus a possibly another 10 for the schools contract
AG has the biggest President location

winston

Quote from: Wolves256 on June 18, 2014, 10:14:54 PM
Tony it depends what will be transferd to Dundee. People have mentioned Tridents but toady NXD is 100% Volvo (except the hybrids and old solos) so the obvious choice  is Presidents
I assume 4111>5 will go to Dundee as originally planed to replace B10s plus a possibly another 10 for the schools contract

It is/has been confirmed for some time that Dundee are expecting 10 x Y-reg Tridents for schools work despite not currently operating the type. It doesn't now appear anymore Presidents will move to Dundee

Tony

Quote from: Wolves256 on June 18, 2014, 10:14:54 PM

Which would make your theory of the new buses for the 37 even more unlikely, which route currently operated by Presidents would you put the scanias off the 37 on?

Wolves256

Tony, so if the 37 is updated I assume Scanias replace Volvo  B7s  (AG now have the smallest alocation) to PE,PL or CV to replace mercs

Tony

Quote from: Wolves256 on June 18, 2014, 10:28:47 PM
Tony, so if the 37 is updated I assume Scanias replace Volvo  B7s  (AG now have the smallest alocation) to PE,PL or CV to replace mercs

But you are also moving Presidents out, that would leave Acocks Green a bit short of buses. Your logic doesn't work.
If 10 double decks are going to Dundee of any type if you replace 20 Scanias with 20 new Double decks then one route somewhere will have to be converted from double deck to single deck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk