News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I do like that logo. Makes them look far less bland than the grey 'West Midlands'.

monkeyjoe

When are they likely to announce which routes getting them then?

BU07 LGO

the logo might be temporary for the commonwealth games?

RW

Hope the large coloured side fleet names are retained. Much better than the current grey or is it silver fleet names which in certain light conditions are virtually invisible. Still hold out the hope that at some point in time they will experiment with the livery in general and come up with something more eye catching than the current bland offering which simply says 'I'm the cheap and easy option'!

D10

I really hope the logo is temporary for the Games.

There needs to be a clear distinction between the long distance express coach operations run by nice coaches with leather seats etc., and the local operations run by buses which we know are sometimes in a very scruffy condition!

Wolves256

The fleet names are temporary for the Commonwealth Games to promote the National Express brand /group

When they go to AG in August they will receive NXWM fleet names

Tony

Quote from: Wolves256 on June 17, 2014, 09:31:31 PM
The fleet names are temporary for the Commonwealth Games to promote the National Express brand /group

When they go to AG in August they will receive NXWM fleet names

Which route have you heard they are for then?

Wolves256

nitromatt1

Quote from: Wolves256 on June 17, 2014, 09:37:16 PM

I hope you're right, keep the damn things over the other side of Birmingham!

Mike K

Quote from: Matt on June 17, 2014, 09:50:23 PM

37 back to decker operation? Now there's a turn up for the book, don't think anyone guessed AG.

the trainbasher

Personally I think it's time to scrap the NXWM/nx dundee local identities and just go for one national express brand between bus, coach and train.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on June 17, 2014, 09:58:08 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 17, 2014, 09:50:23 PM

37 back to decker operation? Now there's a turn up for the book, don't think anyone guessed AG.

It is not often NXWM don't order enough vehicles for the complete PVR of a route

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

They're not going to put a handful of 400's into a garage that doesn't operate any ADL products are they!

trident4370

Surely sooner or later with this new contract AG will end up having something ADL?

Wolves256

With the new 6 year ADL deal I assume all garages will end up with ADL products.

Regarding the 37,  NXWM likes to run the route with some single deckers so the E400s + some Scanias will make up the pvr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk