News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Lothian's New Volvo B5TL/Wright

Started by winston, March 19, 2014, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

andrew1991

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 04, 2014, 08:16:48 PM
I like it.

I'm not the only one then, i like some things about it but i would have put different shaped windows on the stairs.

But then, we don't know what the new Enviro 400 will look like, the new B5TL may be the better looking one.

tank90

Quote from: Andrew on April 05, 2014, 10:46:34 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 04, 2014, 08:16:48 PM
I like it.

I'm not the only one then, i like some things about it but i would have put different shaped windows on the stairs.

But then, we don't know what the new Enviro 400 will look like, the new B5TL may be the better looking one.

Its a good start and as you say Andrew the next generation E400 could be a shed on wheels. I think if it was a little more NBfL on the stair case window it would work better but thats my eye others may not agree.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

This bus has been on loan to Go North East recently and got a ride on it today.

Just a couple of observations:

1) Nice and quiet-not what I expected as it has less cylinders so I expected it to be a lot more loud and rattly.

2) The interior was nice and smart and the aircon was also welcome. The seats were a bit close to urban90's for my liking though...

3) Glazed staircase window got a lot of comments-it also deprives operators of the chance of having a side T shaped ad.

4) Didn't seem underpowered as some have claimed...

5) My main gripe is the quality-it just seems Wrightbus have cheapened and made more flimsy every single item. There were greater panel gaps than on a gemini 2 and interior fittings didn't seem to fit perfectly as you expect on wrightbus products

6) This caused my main issue which was the rattles-far more than you would expect on a new product.

7) By way of a fair test, I later went on a 13/63 plate GNE gemini and it was far more comfortable, far fewer rattles however I did prefer the gemini 3 interior, especially the upper deck. Ride quality seems to have improved-they just need to focus on those annoying interior rattles!!

I guess it is a demo tho so maybe I'm being unfair?!

John

Seeing the production models on the new Gemini body with Stagecoach London, I do actually like it. The only bus I have seen that the windows on the staircase suits it well is the NBfL

PM

Quote from: John on June 24, 2014, 10:19:26 PM
Seeing the production models on the new Gemini body with Stagecoach London, I do actually like it. The only bus I have seen that the windows on the staircase suits it well is the NBfL

I agree it's quite nice looking from the nearside. I don't think the Lothian livery suited that staircase window well tbh so maybe it's given a bad impression.

CL

Now. I know this post will contradict what I've previously said. Despite, still agreeing with my earlier remarks about the demonstrator - I've grown fond of the design of the vehicle... Probably still only the B5HL, over the B5TL... But it's working progress to liking both of them.

Now, the demonstrator? The one shown at NEC Bus & Coach Live last year? The livery was horrendous, I guess these are the typre of buses that would look nice, only IF they're in the right livery... ::)

PM

Quote from: clayderman on June 24, 2014, 10:31:26 PM
Now. I know this post will contradict what I've previously said. Despite, still agreeing with my earlier remarks about the demonstrator - I've grown fond of the design of the vehicle... Probably still only the B5HL, over the B5TL... But it's working progress to liking both of them.

Now, the demonstrator? The one shown at NEC Bus & Coach Live last year? The livery was horrendous, I guess these are the typre of buses that would look nice, only IF they're in the right livery... ::)

It's Lothian's livery, generally regarded as one of the finest in the industry! The livery itself is fantastic-the swoops just don't suit the rather straight staircase glass panels!

Bob

Lets not forget Wright make the ugliest bus on the market. ..Streetlite. .so maybe theyre aiming for a family look lol

CL

@DiamondDart, if only the person who've design that livery could spend a day here and design a new one for NXWM! ::) :P lol. Of course, I think it's about time for a new livery design... Although, Dundee looks as if the livery suits them well.

PM

Quote from: clayderman on June 25, 2014, 05:49:55 PM
@DiamondDart, if only the person who've design that livery could spend a day here and design a new one for NXWM! ::) :P lol. Of course, I think it's about time for a new livery design... Although, Dundee looks as if the livery suits them well.

Dundee's livery is the same on similar buses?

the trainbasher

@clayderman I know of a consultancy company that would happily do it!! :-) :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 25, 2014, 05:56:20 PM
Quote from: clayderman on June 25, 2014, 05:49:55 PM

Dundee's livery is the same on similar buses?

Scrap whatever I had said... Let me rephrase. I think what I meant was that the Dundee Livery, is better than the WM in respect that, in my own personal opinion, (from pictures) that the livery suits their buses in the 'scenery'. Also, I guess the branding is better. (Example: Volvo B7 Dennis & Gnasher Branding for 28 & 29)

Mike K

Well these Gemini 3 B5TLs might be pig ugly (such a shame, the Gemini 2 was such a smart looking bus), but Lothian are clearly impressed, they've placed an order for 25 of them.

CL

I guess it seems only Lothian can pull off a decent livery for this bus. Bearing in mind, it is an amazing livery... I think the 'Hatter' Livery now didn't suit their presidents as well as the 'Harlequin' Livery... Speaking of Lothian Presidents, and not trying to get too off topic, but when cBeebies series 'Me Too!' appeared with the operator, I've realised that it was always (fleet number) 661 on service 611, or vice (optare) versa, I could never remember the order. ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk