News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 27, 2014, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 27, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
Having fun in Acocks Green today, as nobody seems to know where the 1 and 31 are stopping!

There's a chap from Bus Users UK there, trying to direct people to the right stop, even the bus drivers don't seem to know where to stop!

Did take a trip on the 31 to Solihull earlier, overheard some people talking, seems they're quite pleased it goes to Solihull on Sundays now, although because of the roadworks on Dolphin Lane its still following the old route. Looks like drivers get a nice 30min layover at Solihull now, our bus arrived as the next one was leaving; don't know where he went to layover, but he came back half an hour later for the next journey out.

Is the 31 still DD on Sundays.

Yes, still DD during the daytime, and switches to single-decks off the 37 in the evening as before.
As this morning though, the evening journeys were using the old '31E Solihull Lane' displays, although the service now finishes on Olton Road in Shirley (turns round at the new Haslucks Green island)

Quote from: JoNi on April 27, 2014, 09:53:12 PM
I popped over to Acocks Green this morning to have a look after reading various comments on Emails and this Internet forum.
I immediately noticed "where to catch your bus stop posters" have not been updated. It also became immediately apparent that the route colours did not match up with the route map produced for the changes.
I was particularly unimpressed by the position of change information on shelter glazing in the line of sight of oncoming buses.
One shelter had a notice relating to Solihull bus stops in 2009 and another still had the consultation notice as well as the changes.
It's abundantly clear there is no joined up thinking when it comes to communication on service changes.
Notices stuck on shelter glazing invariably leave adhesive when removed and ought to be in the timetable panel to be removed when services have settled in.
I noticed the 1 still terminated at Acocks Green on the real time screen instead of Five Ways where it was going.

The real-time information display has only been showing timetabled information for the last couple of weeks anyway, hence why the 31A was still listed!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Isle of Stroma

Just noticed that the evening 72 B'ham - Clock garage is dropping to an hourly frequency, Bad news all round:

1) The friendly locals will now only have one bus per hour to use for target practice.....
2) The remaining 'normal' customers will disappear as they will soon tire of waiting for up to an hour for the service, only to find there's no service whatsoever 'cos some nice person has bricked the sole bus out.....

..... Certainly glad I don't live there any more, & for once that has nothing to do with the natives !

Stu

Despite being publicised as being 'extended to Shirley', the display of the new extended 1 journeys shows 'Hall Green' with 'Haslucks Green Road' on the lower line, before alternating between the via points!

Also, don't know whether the driver was using an old display stored in the Hanover, but noticed earlier today a YW Trident on the 3 heading to Birmingham was still showing Robin Hood Island and Gospel Oak in the via points!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

I'm confused by the new X64 timetable. During the day it seems to arrive at the Field Lane terminus at 05/35 mins past the hour and depart at 03/33. Is this an error or does each one get 28 mins layover at the terminus?

Liberator9

There was a Wright Eclipse Urban 2 on the 1 this morning; found it odd to look out of the window on the 76 and see the 1 go past!  ;)

jnl1984

Does anyone know of a reason why the majority of the 29/29A's are still displaying Northfield? This was causing much confusion with passengers earlier!

trident4370

Same story on the 650/34, today there was an 06 reg Solo on there with a working LED display (was blank on arrival, left with "Diamond <> Buses" showing after the driver had played with it), and a piece of paper in the windscreen with 34 written on it. Presumably it hadn't been reprogrammed with the new route number.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Watched almost every X64 today out the window of the library and honestly did not see a single passenger going from Newman University upto Woodgate, and only one person heading towards Birmingham! Seems a quieter terminus than Great Park at the moment!

This is not helped by the fact that Cromwell Lane is closed with the 18, 48, 002 and X64 seemingly making their own route up to get in and out of Bartley Green, all going slightly different ways round the Genners lane triangle

Mike K

Quote from: jnl1984 on April 29, 2014, 08:55:02 PM
Does anyone know of a reason why the majority of the 29/29A's are still displaying Northfield? This was causing much confusion with passengers earlier!

The destination displays on the 29/A are a mess. As someone posted in the BC thread yesterday, the via points scroll but then abruptly vanish, they are in the wrong order and the 29A I saw this evening was showing Shenley Fields. I think they've been programmed by Stevie Wonder.

Rob H

Quote from: Mike K on April 29, 2014, 09:56:02 PM
Quote from: jnl1984 on April 29, 2014, 08:55:02 PM

The destination displays on the 29/A are a mess. As someone posted in the BC thread yesterday, the via points scroll but then abruptly vanish, they are in the wrong order and the 29A I saw this evening was showing Shenley Fields. I think they've been programmed by Stevie Wonder.

I noticed on 4428 on the 70 today that the via points were scrolling but are all in punctuation marks e.g. ..........'''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

sonic84

This may seem crazy, but I don't understand why the 45 displays "Rednal" and the 47 displays "Cofton Hackett" when they have the same terminus.

Stuharris 6360

Well done Network West Midlands for not showing any of the changes on the "service changes" pages of the website, plus other changes happened like the 311/3 not calling at Wednesbury Parkway metro stop which weren't shown either!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: sonic84 on April 30, 2014, 08:18:00 PM
This may seem crazy, but I don't understand why the 45 displays "Rednal" and the 47 displays "Cofton Hackett" when they have the same terminus.

I guess it's to differentiate between the two routes until people are used to it, and I think as a technicality the 45 actual last stop is in the Rednal border and 47 obviously Cofton Hackett. I dare say it will change to the same termini designated on the next blind change - as like the 61/63.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stevo

Looking at the new Network map I was tracing the 49 from Solihull and glanced up the map to see that the 49 terminates in Bearwood bus station. Similarly, tracing the 61 from the Bristol Road there again is 61 at Bearwood. It's absurd that a map shows two entirely separate routes with the same number. There may be others.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stevo on May 01, 2014, 05:42:54 PM
Looking at the new Network map I was tracing the 49 from Solihull and glanced up the map to see that the 49 terminates in Bearwood bus station. Similarly, tracing the 61 from the Bristol Road there again is 61 at Bearwood. It's absurd that a map shows two entirely separate routes with the same number. There may be others.

Is there a 49 & 61 that goes to Bearwood?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk