News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM's Super-X Displays

Started by CL, February 07, 2014, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

uniquicity

trident4370

I must admit I'm not keen either, the 6s and 9s look horrible.

Rob H

Quote from: trident4370 on April 30, 2014, 08:12:54 PM
I must admit I'm not keen either, the 6s and 9s look horrible.

Sophie aka 4907 was showing the 60 in the super x display and I agree with you Joe I'd prefer the previous style 6's & 9's to this. :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Russ Smith

Not sure what others think, and I don't usually get this negative, but these new displays are hideous. Look at this for example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/14081850395/ - everything about it is bad. Even on other routes, the scrolls are hard to read when the bus is coming at you and in a stupid font, the numbers are ugly, the static screens change too quickly for 2 via points per screen on the 22/3/4 (possibly others); I don't understand why they needed a change. No consistency across buses, apart from the fact that they all look bad - could do better myself!

The only change I've seen recently(ish) that I like is the 49's LED display - five via points, one per screen, changing screen every two seconds, in the style of this: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4755.html (the top photo). Although, I suppose at least they've now almost sorted out the blinds that were meant to be changed Sunday morning!

Gareth

I agree Russ. Some displays look awful, others, such  as this 55A are so bad I can't describe.
It's almost like NX can't actually be bothered finding any work for the work experience boy to do, so he was told to play with destination displays for a while.

nitromatt1

I like the style Whittle use. Clear and straight to the point.

CL

To be quite honest, I'd probably prefer it if NXWM had scrolling displays on their superx's, as, in my opinion, you might aswell use all of the benefits & features from this, then have a static displays in a different mode for no use, when the original ones were fine! The font's are ugly, whereas before, they were fine, and the bottom line was actually EASIER to read from afar... :(
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JoNi

Saw BC's 4897 arrive in Coventry displaying
on the top line "Sorry not in service" and on the second line some long message about an app which was longer than the width of the display.
The rear blind had a scrolling "Sorry Not in service" I think the "in" could be seen on its own!

trident4370

I personally like the style PB are using on their LEDs, the Expressway Enviros look very professional. YW also have a nice style. I've got nothing against change but Super X just looks naff imo. As for that BY Omnilink shown above, words just fail me...

Russ Smith

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/14122557186/in/photostream/

Is there any particular reason why there are no via points, just the destination? I've only ever seen this on E workings...

Trident 4609

Quote from: Russ Smith on May 09, 2014, 07:07:22 PM

Is there any particular reason why there are no via points, just the destination? I've only ever seen this on E workings...

301's usually display 'MOSSLEY 301'. IIRC it alternates between this and  Mossley 301
                                                                                                                                     Via Bloxwich

Maybe it was alternating between " BIRMINGHAM 51" and    "Birmingham 51"
                                                                                                                       Via .................      (Via Points)

Stu

On the subject of 'large' destinations, I noticed recently that both AG and YW seem to have dispensed with having a large 'Solihull' on their destination displays, on the 5, 6, 31 and 37 anyway.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Quote from: Stu on May 09, 2014, 08:38:54 PM
On the subject of 'large' destinations, I noticed recently that both AG and YW seem to have dispensed with having a large 'Solihull' on their destination displays, on the 5, 6, 31 and 37 anyway.

Funnily enough, it's the last 'slide' of the displays, I've seen the 37 change the displays, so it sort of renders the big 'SOLIHULL' display as unnecessary... (But that'sjust my opinion. :) )
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: Russ Smith on May 09, 2014, 07:07:22 PM

This is the severe weather display. Changes between BIRMINGHAM and 'Severe Weather, Main Roads Only' (Obviously put up in error)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk