News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints.

Started by tank90, January 01, 2014, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

So as its 2014 I thought I'd give a wee update on some of the repaints.

So as far as I know 1 ex FMR Dart is Blue. All the Enviro 300's in Redditch are Blue including the Three ex First as I have seen VX54 MTE in blue in the last few days whilst in Redditch Town Centre it was on the 57, i was out side the Halifax. 1 of the Red Diamond Volvos is in Silver, and is unlikely to go back to Red and will in time I'm sure be painted Blue. And buses that where in storage ie Darts from Long Acre are to being Painted blue for roles in Redditch and Kidderminster.
As 2014 goes on I am sure all Ex First buses will be blue, buy this time next year I would think most of the Red Diamond Liveried Buses will also be blue and some of the Black Diamond Fleet too.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Quote from: tank90 on January 01, 2014, 08:09:23 PM

So as far as I know 1 ex FMR Dart is Blue. All the Enviro 300's in Redditch are Blue including the Three ex First as I have seen VX54 MTE in blue in the last few days whilst in Redditch Town Centre it was on the 57, i was out side the Halifax. 1 of the Red Diamond Volvos is in Silver, and is unlikely to go back to Red and will in time I'm sure be painted Blue. And buses that where in storage ie Darts from Long Acre are to being Painted blue for roles in Redditch and Kidderminster.
As 2014 goes on I am sure all Ex First buses will be blue, buy this time next year I would think most of the Red Diamond Liveried Buses will also be blue and some of the Black Diamond Fleet too.

Really?

PM

I would agree that the repaints seem to be becoming more frequent with all the new and improved buses acquired. Admittedly, we have seen more repaints of buses entering the fleet than those already in it and a lot of the black diamond fleet in particular could do with a repaint, particularly the cadets and darts which were repainted 6+ years ago. What I would also like to see is blue diamond logos taken off buses and DIAMOND ones applied to present a uniform brand and use the buses that are effectively already in the right base colour.

tank90

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 01, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

Really?

Yes really, some of the Ex 37 darts from Central Connect are in Kidderminster and in Blue not Pink and black. W90xJNF and V38xSVV and S405JUA.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Quote from: tank90 on January 02, 2014, 02:58:36 AM

Really?

Yes really, some of the Ex 37 darts from Central Connect are in Kidderminster and in Blue not Pink and black. W90xJNF and V38xSVV and S405JUA.

Those that have already entered service have, yes but I am pretty certain there won't be any more as the remaining darts at Long Acre do not look in brilliant condition and I doubt will re-enter service. I already knew the darts you mention had re-entered service, it is just you seemed to imply there will be more, which I sincerely doubt.

tank90

there aren't any more that I know of, I don't think I expressed my self well and I'm a fool for doing that. No i was meaning buses in service not in the un fit line.

Dan

PM

Quote from: tank90 on January 02, 2014, 11:27:10 PM
there aren't any more that I know of, I don't think I expressed my self well and I'm a fool for doing that. No i was meaning buses in service not in the un fit line.

No worries I wasn't being critical-I was just interested to hear if you meant any more were re-entering service or not. :)

Cedric

Quote from: tank90 on January 02, 2014, 02:58:36 AM

Really?

the  full reg of the jnf  one is W 905 JNF
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

30905 was brought back into service a while back-the one more recently returned to service is 30902 in Redditch

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 03, 2014, 02:26:06 PM
30905 was brought back into service a while back-the one more recently returned to service is 30902 in Redditch

30905 has never been out of service with Diamond, 30902 was re-instated after returning from Wessex, I thought someone had posted that 30903 had also been repainted allover blue?

Cedric

I knew it had has rode on it just  filling in gap for other poster who mention about ones in Kidderminster but  did not know the last digit of the reg
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 03, 2014, 02:40:03 PM

30905 has never been out of service with Diamond, 30902 was re-instated after returning from Wessex, I thought someone had posted that 30903 had also been repainted allover blue?

Sorry-no it hadn't. Of the JNFs, 30516 W906JNF is at redditch in red diamond livery though didn't see this the last time I was over in Redditch, 30905 is repainted blue at Kidderminster in DIAMOND livery, W904JNF is at Long Acre I think along with W903JNF then 30902 is at Redditch and W901JNF was at Wessex.

Think that was a false report there Winston as when I saw it at Long Acre it definitely was not blue and either 904 or 903 is missing a lot of panels and wheels and windows etc so unlikely another JNF will return to service, perhaps with the exception of W901JNF which was in service fairly recently with Wessex

PM

To be fair, not massively keen on this batch of darts as they rattle like mad and to say the crusaders are older than many pointers and these alx200s, 30432 and 30434 seem in far, far better condition, proving that wrightbus bodies are some of the best most robustly built, something TWM/NXWM/first/rotala/arriva realised...

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 03, 2014, 03:06:54 PM

Sorry-no it hadn't. Of the JNFs, 30516 W906JNF is at redditch in red diamond livery though didn't see this the last time I was over in Redditch, 30905 is repainted blue at Kidderminster in DIAMOND livery, W904JNF is at Long Acre I think along with W903JNF then 30902 is at Redditch and W901JNF was at Wessex.

Think that was a false report there Winston as when I saw it at Long Acre it definitely was not blue and either 904 or 903 is missing a lot of panels and wheels and windows etc so unlikely another JNF will return to service, perhaps with the exception of W901JNF which was in service fairly recently with Wessex

Small correction!!

W905 JNF is in Blue Diamond livery, or at least was the last time I saw it.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 03, 2014, 07:31:00 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 03, 2014, 03:06:54 PM

Small correction!!

W905 JNF is in Blue Diamond livery, or at least was the last time I saw it.

Nope deffo repainted into DIAMOND livery with all panels repaired

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk