News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: JoNi on June 22, 2016, 02:32:18 PM
Must admit it was better than I expected. Transport related programmes can often be dreadfully patronising e.g. the programme about tube where everything is exaggerated. After all many people do mundane tasks and it showed the operating spectrum from death in service (Russian lady started service when RTs were still running) to disciplinary action. Obviously it didn't show much if anything to do about engineering.

I commend the Russian lady for her years and in service as well the rest of the crew (Its nicely knit family). I've noticed this to be a trend among the bus driving profession.

I just felt as though it somewhat focused too much on driver's personal lives as opposed to the running of the garage, how public money is spent or just how much work goes into keeping buses on time.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

JoNi

It was subtlely done but they showed you Go Ahead staff using their experience with local staff, trying to keep their buses on time so that big brother TfL can look at the information again as bald statistics without understanding local conditions. The  joys of franchised environment. Mind you this duplication of effort probably happens in the big groups as well in the commercial environment too.

Adam 404

Central Buses Dennis Dart on ITV Main News about the EU

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Adam 404 on June 28, 2016, 06:46:01 PM
Central Buses Dennis Dart on ITV Main News about the EU

It was EU06 KPA.

Ally

~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

JPC

Travel De Courcey were featured on the first half of 'Midlands Life', a program broadcast tonight at 9pm on Irish TV (channel no. 191 on Sky, 400 on Freesat).

Repeated at 3am on Thursday morning and at Noon on Saturday.

the trainbasher

Red Diamond Urban, Travel West Midlands Alexander ALX400 and more was on yourTV and their program Snapped

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

D10

All Aboard! The Country Bus on BBC4. Two hours of spectacular Dales scenery!

JoNi

Pity the Dalesbus wasn't fitted with next bus stop announcements that could have acted as a commentary.

Michael Bevan

Tony

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on September 06, 2016, 09:13:47 PM

Well Platinum was the word I had in mind, but that'll do.  ;)

Trident 4194

E300 and mpd diamond on central news about kidderminster

CL

LK03 CFN (ex Metroline TP417) - BBC 3's 'Class' (Episode 3)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

the trainbasher

First Glasgow Gemini on WWE Monday Night Raw #SmackdownDoesItBetter

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk